1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jvcarroll, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Now I really wanna see the White House pick up a sword and start fencing with the Capitol.

2. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Are you speaking personally or collectively? Cause just about all indicators are saying the economy is going gangbusters

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Both. Clearly, the only ones benefitting from the economy are, of course, the wealthy and big businesses.

4. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

It depends where you work. For example, the tariffs on steel are great for the American steel industry, but its terrible for companies that just had their raw materials increase 25%. Home improvement retail is still pretty bad, though there was a spike in mid 2018, its not so hot still. Lowes osed 20 stores in the US and closes down Orchid supply stores, 100 of them in total. Amazon is killing it though.

A good economy doesnt mean a good economy for every industry, it means an overall strong economy. That being said, Trump didnt turn around a bad economy, he just kept the momentum that had already begun under Obama.

Idealy, tax breaks for companies should translate to more jobs and higher pay. Well, it doesnt always do that. More often than not it doesnt when working for a large company. It usually means higher bonuses for executives. This isnt a government problem as much as it is a people suck problem. The only way to help the average worker is to make tax breaks predicated on how those tax breaks' savings are used. Its just a touch of communism where the goverment can have some say in private businesses without total control over them.

5. D'Snowth

Whether you guys like it or not, this is why we have feminism:
    [​IMG]

6. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I get why we have feminism and I’m all for equal rights.

It just bugs me, on the other hand, that there are women out there who believe having a ****** gives them a free pass.

Lying to the police to get a man in trouble by telling them “he raped me!” which, when it comes to telling sexual assault stories, by all means, go for it, but just tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Believing they can’t get a punch to the face even if they attacked you first because “they’re a girl!”

A prime example @Any Del once mentioned of a girl cutting in line in front of him at a pizzeria just because she felt she could simply because of her sex.

Etc

Any Del and ConsummateVs like this.
  7. D'Snowth

Once again, it's hard to feel much sympathy for people like this when they were too blind to see through the lies and facades to begin with:

[​IMG]

8. LittleJerry92

I mean, as someone who voted for Trump himself and will not be getting my vote again in 2020, at least they admitted to fault of voting for him and don’t plan to do it again next year.

I would say learning from your mistakes is much better than, say, blaming the democrats or anyone else for their problems of Trump’s damage.

Any Del and D'Snowth like this.
  9. MuppetsRule

I know you saw it on the internet so it must be true, right?. I went to some of their actual twitter accounts and from some of their other tweets, I'm skeptical. I'm not saying there aren't any disillusioned Trump supporters but this seems a bit too fabricated.

10. MuppetsRule

I'm surprised there hasn't been any discussion of the Virginia governor and his racist yearbook pictures. Wonder why? Have we really become that insensitive?

11. MWoO

MWoO Well-Known Member

What I love about that story is that he says he doesnt think its him in the picture, but it could be because he took pictures like that. But he is a Democrat so who cares? In fact, i think CNN reported him to be a Republican by "mistake".

The more I look at the media the more obvious it is that there is a huge bias. Yes, Fox news is also bias, that doesn't make all the other network biases ok.

LittleJerry92 and MuppetsRule like this.
  12. Old Thunder

It's because I'm a Virginian and the others know to stay away from talking dirty about my state. :scary:

:p

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  13. MuppetsRule

Well Virginia is for lovers, right?

14. MuppetsRule

You pretty much covered it. I thought it was very interesting that CNN reported him as a Republican as well. No media bias there, right? I'm not saying they are creating "fake news". But they are without a doubt viewing their stories through the lenses of a liberal and it is affecting their coverage. This story confirms it along with the initial reporting of the boys from the religious school that "confronted and mocked" the Native American gentleman.

It's been kind of interesting watching the liberals reaction to it. Kind of been buried actually. Can you imagine the S###storm this would have caused if he actually been a Republican? Instead it's been kind of a big meh. But of course, Democrats can't possibly be racists. Those accusations are reserved for only one party.

His reaction to it has been a lesson in public relations in what NOT to do. First, he apologizes for it, which I suppose carries some sort of admission. Then he says it wasn't him, cause he dressed up in black face for a Michael Jackson impersonation, and he would have remembered if he did it again. What? So it was OK for the MJ impersonation I guess.

15. LittleJerry92

Honestly just the fact that CNN already views antifna as heroes already proves their biasness with the left.

16. Old Thunder

We must not be seeing the same things, because all I've seen is people jumping on him and saying he should leave office. Actually, all the Republicans are coming to his defense because it was some 30+ years ago. Weird. At any rate, the news is REALLY big in my state. Biggest thing since Trump won the election by far.

17. CensoredAlso

CensoredAlso Well-Known Member

That is purely a smoke screen for his infanticide comments. The Democrats knew his stupidly could hand Trump 2020 and now they're pulling a Franken and trying to sacrifice one of their own. Didn't work then. Won't work now.

And I'm either going third party, or I'm not going at all. :)

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  18. D'Snowth

A lot of people were calling for a boycott of the SOTU tonight, but you know what? That doesn't even matter. Trump's still gonna brag about the ratings being bigger than anything else that's ever been seen on TV.

19. D'Snowth

Welp, back to the poor houses and food pantries for groceries. Haven't had to do that in about five or six years. :rolleyes:

20. D'Snowth

On an unrelated note, I think I've figured out another petty reason why Trumpsters actually like Kanye West: because Obama called him a jack@$$ when he was President.