Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The issue I have is that now that the report is finally completed and there is no evidence at all, people are STILL clinging to the story.
Probably because Trump's not releasing the whole report, which makes it seem like he still has something to hide.

I'm not convinced, for two main reasons:

1. Even if there really was no collusion, something has to explain the uncomfortable level of friendliness he's been displaying towards Russia, and especially Putin all this time, considering that Russia has historically been one of our most notorious enemies for decades . . . even to the point that he's actually been sharing classified intelligence information with him, and not even trying to be candid about it. Yeah, I know his supporters say, "He's just trying to get us on friendly terms with other countries, nothing wrong with that!" Well, apparently there is if Obama trying to do the same with the Middle East is "wrong" (and we were the ones who attacked them first, so we could gain access to their oil).

2. This party that's proclaiming there's no evidence of collusion is the exact same party that's been lying about practically everything else, so how do we know they're still not lying about this? They say the whole investigation was a distraction, how do we know that this isn't a distraction for something else? This is the same party that would defend, and/or come up with some kind of excuse to justify any of Trump's actions - it's like how Trump himself has said he could kill a baby or shoot somebody, and he'd still have support.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Probably because Trump's not releasing the whole report, which makes it seem like he still has something to hide.

1. Even if there really was no collusion, something has to explain the uncomfortable level of friendliness he's been displaying towards Russia, and especially Putin all this time, considering that Russia has historically been one of our most notorious enemies for decades . . . even to the point that he's actually been sharing classified intelligence information with him, and not even trying to be candid about it. Yeah, I know his supporters say, "He's just trying to get us on friendly terms with other countries, nothing wrong with that!" Well, apparently there is if Obama trying to do the same with the Middle East is "wrong" (and we were the ones who attacked them first, so we could gain access to their oil).

2. This party that's proclaiming there's no evidence of collusion is the exact same party that's been lying about practically everything else, so how do we know they're still not lying about this? They say the whole investigation was a distraction, how do we know that this isn't a distraction for something else? This is the same party that would defend, and/or come up with some kind of excuse to justify any of Trump's actions - it's like how Trump himself has said he could kill a baby or shoot somebody, and he'd still have support.
You do realize that this party that claims there is no collusion is the FBI and U.S. Justice Dept.?!!! Its not a political party or group!!! Your theories are as wild as the birther theories.

MWoO

Reaction score

I don't..... you can't... what?!?

The FBI said there was no evidence of collusion, not the republican party. Mueller, the guy every single Trump hater has been praising for 2 years, investigated Trump inside and out and arrested 5 people in the process. He found no evidence of collusion. Every late night host and CNN news anchor reported day after day that the report would lead to impeachment. Well, turns out there is no evidence saying he did it... and now you think it's a cover up? Are you insane? How would Trump be able to cover this up when he can't cover up anything else?!?

The problem is you have been told time and time again that something is true with NO evidence to support it. None. The investigation was started based on no evidence also. It was done impartially. Problem is, everyone had their mind made up well before the report was turned in and was expecting it to agree with what they thought. Well it didn't. Too bad. Continuing down this path just makes you and others like you look stupid and crazy.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That would defeat the purpose of making the report public. If the report was a hundred pages, and twenty were missing, someone would get wise real fast. No different from Nixon in the Watergate days. He'd tape conversations in the White House. The press found out and opened a whole can of worms. But it wasn't anything on the tapes that got Nixon in trouble, but twenty minutes he erased from the tapes.
So it's not in Trump's best interest to hide anything.
Conspiracy theorists will still shoot off, but you'll have this.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I gotta say D'Snowth. This one really is a doozy. I knew you were an extreme liberal but, WOW! The fact you can't recognize or admit the truth when it's been investigated by THE U.S. JUSTICE DEPARTMENT is mind blowing. Your twists and turns to come up with some sorta conspiracy theory in order to justify your hatred of President Trump is disappointing to say the least. I actually respected many of your opinions in here but this is just full out nutjob stuff. I still think there's plenty of stink when it comes to President Trump but a 2 year long investigation by the INDEPENDENT U.S. Justice Department cleared him. An investigation that left absolutely no stone unturned and the likes of what we've never seen before. It's time to let it go and seek professional help

MWoO

Reaction score
This whole post is spoilers for a new Comedy Central show so if you don't want to ruin the show, watch the video first:

Soo... I'm not some one to go around yelling "FAKE NEWS" or anything.... but....

Comedy Central has a new show called Control Room. In the first episode, the challenge was to create a fake homeopathic company and make people think it was real. So, this guy created a fake company called VAEV, which sells tissues that you are suppose to breath in viruses from to strengthen your immune system.... mind you this is totally fake and is in no way real other than the fake info this comedian put out.

Well, he sent out a ton of press release kits to various news sources and Time Magazine did a serious piece on his "company" and a TON of news outlets ran with te story and reported on this "company" as if it were real. Colbert even did a parody of the product which is already a parody, but he didn't know that.

So... my point here is, if this fake company, which is SSSOOO easily discover able as fake, can get news outlets to report on it... that really worries me. Seems the ranting about "fake news" is very much a real concern because this news was so obviously fake and zero research was done into it.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
If the democrats want to beat trump nominate pete buttigeg. Not kamala harris or Beto O'Rourke.