Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I would welcome a more centrist Republican party. And as the Democrats make the same mistake the Republicans made with the Tea Party and move further to the left, think it could find some footing.

MWoO

Reaction score
The Donald is drinking what he thinks is the last glass of apple juice in the White House. Tiffany, disgusted at missing out on the juice, gets up to leave for a doctor's appointment, and Melania tells her that her urine sample is in an old apple juice container.
Again, you took time out of your life to write that. There are so many other things you could have done with that time.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Again, you took time out of your life to write that. There are so many other things you could have done with that time.
There are so many other things I could have done with the time I spent reading it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes. A minute of my life I’ll never get back.
I’m still waiting for an apology or an explanation for that Jewish slur, but I’m not holding my breath.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So now, the other biggest embarrassment of my state, Marsha Blackburn, has decided to join in Trump's fight of making sure Biden doesn't get inaugurated later this month, because, "Too many people are talking about election fraud for it not to be true."

Yes, that's actually what she said.

Isn't that funny, considering these are the people who refuse to believe numerous women who have come forward with sexual harassment claims against Trump (or Kavanaugh, or anyone within Trump's "Administration"), because that many women would have to be making all of this up, so it must be a conspiracy.

Again, they simply choose what they consider to be the truth as long as it aligns with their agendas (a la election fraud since Trump lost), otherwise, it's always "lies and fake news."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sounds strikingly similar to four years of pushing a narrative of Russia collusion,
and Biden not keeping his hands to himself.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
And during the Kavsnaugh hearings,
Christine Blasé Ford accused Kavanaugh of raping her.
So in any court of law, the burden of proof is on her to prove what happened. And during the hearing her allegations contradicted each other, as did those other women.

By the same token, the burden of proof is on Trump to prove voter fraud. Just about all claims were dismissed out of court. His biggest problem was taking his case to the Supreme Court, where the claims were out of their jurisdiction. On the state level, they might have gained more traction.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
To muddy the waters a little further, Ford could have come forth with her allegations at any time in Kavanaugh’s career.
If what Kavanaugh did to her was so horrible, she could have brought forth at the state or appellate levels.
But now she comes forward when he’s being appointed by the Supreme Court under Trump, her motive comes into question.

34 years is really stretching the Statute of Limitations on a rape case. I understand many rape victims do not want to come forward for fear of shame.
For someone who was a college professor and able to fly on a regular basis, she was not some emotional cripple.