Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

Angela Mae

Reaction score
I just have no tolerance for modern USian conservative so i poke fun.

I hope Strom Thurmond and Phyllis Schafly like the heat where they now are.

Angela Mae

Reaction score
bigotry is baked into conservatism. Progressives by their very nature care about the child, the weak and the old.

Angela Mae

Reaction score
a lot of *the conservative base* believe all sorts of horrible things about the Jews. as a religion and as a race, and too many conservative politicians are willing to engage in Jew-baiting to get the base to turn out,

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Tell me more. If you can cite a specific example, I might have cause to listen. Since I lean to the right and half my family is Jewish, I would appear to have a stake in this.

But just to pull rhetoric out of thin air just because it doesn’t align with your political affiliation, I’m not buying it.

As I said elsewhere, in case you missed it, I’ll judge people on an individual basis based on their merits. Not to dismiss millions of Democrats or Republicans or Conservatives or liberals as one monolithic whole, because that would be absurd.

That would be like dismissing 30 million Australians as d-bags because of you.

Angela Mae

Reaction score
Thatcherism ruined the mining communities and Reaganomics devastated the poor. That's why so few shed tears when Maggie T died

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'm old enough to remember when kneeling was an unacceptable way to protest. What have we become?