Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Whatever happened to that monkey who used to be the spokescharacter for Cocoa Krispies?
Snap, Crackle, and Pop usurped his position and are now apparently the spokescharacters for every Krispie brand of cereal. The cereal exists, but under a new name...Choco-Krispies or something like that. :big_grin: One commercial had kids unlock a secret to some mine & when the Snap, Crackle, and Pop figures were alligned just right, the trove of chocolate cereal was unleashed. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well it would be much easier to do that than to say, actually BE a parent. :wink:
You know what scares me, since we're on the subject of commercials? Anyone see that ad for Pediasure where the whiney, spoiled, bratty little girl keeps whining at whatever her mother buys? The parents that complain about that whining, instead of doing something are what REALLY are to blame for kids being so fat. Whatever happened to "You'll Eat it and LIKE IT!" Or "Don't you know there are kids in Africa who'd sell their immortal souls for those green beans?"

Anyway, the cereals still exist, but they aren't as heavily advertised as they used to be. Though Kelloggs can somehow get away with Pop Tart adds. But I'm absolutely LOVING their new Eggo Waffle ads. Especially the Muffin Tops one...

"Introducing new Eggo Muffin bottoms! That's right! Muffin Bottoms! The least desirable part of the muffin. That last lumpy part that's left over."

Speaking of breakfast-
Quangeroos a short lived cereal that replaced Quake.

Quisp vs. Quangaroos in a race to see whos best. Note the reuse of Dudley Do-Right's chace music in the background.

Capn Crunch's Punch Crunch

Capn Vannilly Crunch

Face it`! No one could sell breakfast like Jay Ward's group!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well it would be much easier to do that than to, say, actually BE a parent. :wink:
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. And there wouldn't even be a need to remove junk food ad form kids television if say parents did there job instead of pointing fingers at the snack industry, But It's also not always the easiest job in the world to be a parent either. But you do have to put forth some effort.

I don't remember seeing Taco Bell ad's during Saturday morning before! *suprised*

wwfpooh

Reaction score
if say parents did there job instead of pointing fingers at the snack industry
True, but if certain folks didn't blame someone other than themselves (for they are most responsible for how their children are [or aren't] raised, NOT snack foods, videogames, movies/TV, or what have you), then they would have no existance, for the blame would fall on them! [/sarcasm] *mock gasp & fake shock*

Xerus

Reaction score
You know what scares me, since we're on the subject of commercials? Anyone see that ad for Pediasure where the whiney, spoiled, bratty little girl keeps whining at whatever her mother buys? The parents that complain about that whining, instead of doing something are what REALLY are to blame for kids being so fat. Whatever happened to "You'll Eat it and LIKE IT!" Or "Don't you know there are kids in Africa who'd sell their immortal souls for those green beans?"

Anyway, the cereals still exist, but they aren't as heavily advertised as they used to be. Though Kelloggs can somehow get away with Pop Tart adds. But I'm absolutely LOVING their new Eggo Waffle ads. Especially the Muffin Tops one...

"Introducing new Eggo Muffin bottoms! That's right! Muffin Bottoms! The least desirable part of the muffin. That last lumpy part that's left over."

Speaking of breakfast-
Quangeroos a short lived cereal that replaced Quake.

Quisp vs. Quangaroos in a race to see whos best. Note the reuse of Dudley Do-Right's chace music in the background.

Capn Crunch's Punch Crunch

Capn Vannilly Crunch

Face it`! No one could sell breakfast like Jay Ward's group!
I remember those neat Quisp commercials. I recently found a box of Quisp in my local dollar store. That brought back delicious memories. :smile:

And I remember the Punch Crunch commercials and that dancing hippo. He makes me laugh so much, especially that voice of his that sounds like Bullwinkle. I believe that's Bill Scott doing the voice.

wwfpooh

Reaction score