Return to Labyrinth: The Video Game

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Maze 5

This is the maze just north of Maze 2 where you had the puzzle door. If you went through the, ahem, right door, you end up here. Hana and Stank will be with you if you didn’t make them get beat up a whole bunch in Maze 3 or you picked the right door to begin with. On the other side of the wall just in front of you as you enter from the puzzle door is an exit from the underground tunnels. There is no entrance here. There is a non-puzzle door at the very northeast corner of the maze.

Items Found:

Lipstick
Jar of Bees (weapon)
Boots x 2

The walkthrough will assume you got here through the puzzle door, so Hana and Stank are available and the normal difficulty with enemies can be assumed as well.

Following the only path to the left as it zigs and zags for a few moments, a cinema starts.

Cinema:

Toby’s either frumpy or whistling casually depending on whether you earned No Place Like Home or Home Life Sucks. Hana and Stank follow along, looking around. There are pipes along these walls, though they are larger than the gas pipes of Maze 3. They turn a corner and spot a tiny pig-faced green goblin with a small horned helmet on his head, letting papers fly from its hands to a small box. Stank charges at the goblin.

Goblin (stops and turns): AIEEEE! Don’t kill me! Don’t kill me!

Hana (as Stank tackles the goblin): Killing you would be far too easy, foul goblin!

Toby (breaks up the fight)

Goblin (in awe): Toby saved me!

Toby (grabs him and hoists him up in the air): No, I just wanted a piece of you myself. *shakes goblin upside down* Where’s my homework, ya little toad?

The camera cuts to the end of the pipe, capped off by a large metal box with a slot-like opening, which swallows the last paper as Toby drops the goblin and tries to get it back.

Goblin (dusting himself off, timidly): No use. Toby’s homework is halfway to the castle by now.

Toby (throws away the box in disgust): The castle, eh? Take me to him.

The next part of the conversation is split up between positive and negative conversations.

Positive Conversation:
Goblin: Skub really doesn’t think that’s a good idea. Toby’s not supposed to be here.

Toby (bends down calmly, putting his hands on Skub’s shoulders): Jareth’s been screwing with me my whole life. I need you, Skub. I can’t do this without you.

Skub (grins with tears in his eyes): Y-you need me? No one’s ever needed Skub before!

Toby: Well, I do. You’re obviously resourceful and cunning. *smirks* You’re just the goblin to help.

Skub (nods, sniffling): Skub can be very loyal! Skub knows lots of things!

Toby (stands, still smiling): Of course! Now, which way to Jareth’s castle?

Skub (happily): Skub will lead Toby to Jareth’s castle!

Toby (smiles): Thanks, Skub. You’re the best.

Skub (singing as he dances on the spot): Leading, leading, leading to Goblin Town! To the castle we shall go, past things that are brown! Just as bogs are stinky and scab rats like to bleed, Skub the Goblin’s happy, ‘cause Skubby likes to lead!

Toby (laughs): Welcome to the team, Skub.

Character influence: Skub and other goblins will be more loyal and friendly towards you.
Scenery influence: Goblin City will be cheerfully decorated with bright banners and shops will have discounts.

Negative Conversation:
Goblin: Skub really doesn’t think that’s a good idea. Toby’s not supposed to be here.

Toby (gruffly grabs Skub’s shoulders): Jareth’s been screwing with my whole life! I wouldn’t make the same mistake if I were you!

Skub (cries): No one ever needs Skub! Skub is just someone to tease and punch when other goblins feel like it!

Toby (lets him go and turns his back on Skub): Don’t cry like a little baby! You got me into this mess and you’re getting me out.

Skub (nods, sniffling): Skub can be very loyal! Skub knows lots of things!

Toby (nods, smirking as his back is still turned): So prove it by telling me where the castle is!

Skub (pleading): Skub will lead Toby to Jareth’s castle!

Toby (turns around and nods coldly): Don’t mess this up.

Skub (singing as he dances on the spot): Leading, leading, leading to Goblin Town! To the castle we shall go, past things that are brown! Just as bogs are stinky and scab rats like to bleed, Skub the Goblin’s happy, ‘cause Skubby likes to lead!

Toby (rolls his eyes, under his breath): Just what we need … spontaneous song. *a few bars from Magic Dance play*

Character influence: Skub will ask goblins to attack you.
Scenery influence: Goblin City will appear drab and run-down.
End cinema.

Midway up the western border is a path to the right that eventually leads to the tunnel exit and an open area in the middle. In this area is a group of five sleeping goblin knights in mismatched and drab-looking body armor. If you’ve been negative to Skub, they will attack as soon as Skub calls for them. Otherwise, they will just sleep there. Pipes will be only slightly effective against them, taking ten hits to defeat, since pipes just aren’t that good against real armor. However, if you entered Maze 3 first, they will take twenty hits to defeat. However, you might have the Jar of Bees. If Skub awakened them, you can use the jar against them and bees will enter their armor and freak them out and they’ll leave. If they’re still asleep, you can use the jar to wake them up and they will remove their armor in a panic and you can take them down in four hits each, unless you went to Maze 3 first, in which case it will take twelve hits to defeat them.

If you’ve avoided Skub by going to Maze 3, all the enemies up in the Stone Maze will be topiary soldiers only. Goblins appear in the Stone Maze at least in Maze 5 and in other mazes as well after Skub becomes part of your team. They can be injured by both the spikes and the fire traps. Also, you can find the Jar of Bees in this maze, though if you were nice to Hana, fairies will be tending flowers in certain corners of the Stone Maze, Hedge Maze, and Goblin City. Nearby will be another Jar of Bees to find. This will help counter the fact that you don’t really have any good weapons yet and won’t for some time.

Furthermore, if you recall, there is a trophy regarding using environmental battle strategies. They only count with bosses, so don’t panic if you have to fight physically with the small fry. Using the environment against enemies now is just to get you used to the idea. The only environmental way to get rid of the goblins in Maze 5 is the pipe that sucked in Toby’s homework, as it will also suck in goblins, though not easily, as you can imagine.

Only three more mazes to go and we’re done with the Stone Maze. In case you’re wondering, there are only four “levels”: Stone Maze, Hedge Maze, Goblin City, and The Castle.

TO BE CONTINUED ….

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are all the levels... For what would be the RTL V1 game right? *Masterful evil grin.
BTW: What's the lipstick for, is that just a randomly found item games like these toss in for the halibut?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, as far as I'm aware, those are the only locations mentioned so far where Toby actually goes. Unless Volume 4 makes this different, I don't see a real need to add others, like the Bog or the Junkyard. Even if I made them extra levels, there's not a whole lot I can think of to break from the comic. This is Toby's path, not Teen Sarah's. Even in the comic it doesn't look the same, as Toby never really goes through the Hedge Maze, but a sort of Secret Garden. I realize it doesn't sound very expansive, but each maze in the Stone Maze might take at least thirty minutes to explore completely. The Hedge Maze uses more complex paths than the Stone Maze. Goblin City will be expansive enough to include Skub's family house, Candlewic's house, and Spittledrum's mansion, none of which seem close to what might be considered downtown Goblin City. Each of those locations seem pretty far removed from the city proper. The city will be huge, as will the castle, which will include several floors and the sparring arena and stuff.

The script really can't do the visuals in my head justice. I don't want to, ahem, bog this down with detailed descriptions. We'd be here forever before we even got to the plot. However, I imagine large levels, despite the fact you're not technically going everywhere possible in the Goblin Kingdom. Silent Hill, which I concede is inspiration for the mechanics and layout ideas, is basically one gigantic level, not even counting the Otherworld places. GTA is also a humongous layout and is highly detailed. You can even read the posters and signposts in those games. I apologize for lacking the patience with describing every last detail, but the area is meant to be so huge that it'd take forever. I'm more concerned with rewriting the plot and character interactions to make it fit the video game concept better.

One of the reasons the trophies mention the time it takes to beat the game is that this is meant to encompass Volumes 1 through 3 and the fourth which I will have to make up as it's not available yet. This isn't meant to be like the movie, where you go through the Labyrinth, get to the castle, and roll the end credits. You'll be revisiting areas quite a bit as the plot progresses. Labyrinth is about maturing past being self-absorbed. The comic is doing better than the movie, but an epic-long video game should offer even more opportunities. In fact, like Silent Hill, there will be multiple endings, and your preference, whether its' speeding through just to get home or willing to explore everything or other things to be revealed later, will determine the outcome. This script will be long enough just trying to accomplish all of that, LOL.

edit: As for the seemingly random items like the Diamond Ring and the Lipstick ... if you recall, those are items Sarah left behind in the movie. She gave her ring (whether it was really diamond or not I don't know) to the Wiseman and this script will later reveal why Toby found it. The lipstick was tossed away by Sarah just before she met Alph and Ralph.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh okay. See, I thought those four levels were only encompassing RTL Volume 1. But the way you're writing this, is perfect, don't change a thing for handling further additions.
As for the random things... Well, it's been ages since I last saw the movie and little details like that would rully escape my notice now, so I depend on your fandom of the property to derive my knowledge by proxy on it Jess, er Kell.

Thanks for replying, hope more gets added when you can get it posted. :batty: :flirt: :busy:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda figured it'd be hard to pick up on little details. And I realize that playing graphics-heavy games might be difficult, but that's why there's no map and character interactions are so important: if you're nice to Hana, she'll help navigate you around (now she won't help you explore all the little side trails, though); if you're nice to Stank, he'll lead you to items. I had thought of more audio to help with those with visual impairments, where characters would help. It's also why being nice to certain characters will make things like secret passages easier to see. While it's one way to adjust the difficulty without actually doing so in a menu (though IIRC it's an option), it was also meant to help those who might not be able to play like other players. Another option for the controller could be to use the vibration feature to assist with finding items since it's possible you may not see it. My goal for this game, had I the power to submit it to the Hensons, would be to make this playable by as large a group as possible.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Maze 6

This maze has a relatively simpler design in comparison to the others, with more straight paths and fewer branches. The southern region has a tunnel entrance and a tunnel exit in the southeast corner, on the other side of the wall from the non-puzzle door. The solution would be just to run from the northwest corner to the northeast corner, turn right and head straight for the end at the southwest corner. There are columns of spikes in several paths at the midpoints. Depending on whether or not you went to Maze 3 first, there are several pairs of goblins spread throughout the maze. If you were nice to Hana, there will be flowerbeds with fairies tending them and Jar of Bees near each one. Other than that, it’s rather uneventful.

Items found:
Boots x 4
Postcard (see below for description)

The postcard, when viewed in the Inventory menu, will show a picture of the new Dallas Cowboy stadium on one side and have writing on the other side. Quick, raise your hand if you see where this is going. It says, “Dear Nephew Gobo, You would not believe what I saw today! I had hoped to see “cowboys”, but there were neither cows nor boys here! I had heard they wore funny broad-rimmed hat and vests and such things, but when I arrived there, there are all these massive Silly Creature males in gray and blue outfits. I believe the cows were replaced by space aliens! They wear little stars on their helmets, which proves they are star people! Isn’t that an amazing discovery? Hope you are well. Sincerely, Uncle Travelling Matt.”

Why is this Fraggle Postcard here you may ask? If you’ve read Volume 1 of Return to Labyrinth, you’ll know. Otherwise, just wait a bit.

Maze 7

Hoorah! The last of the maze! Of course, there’s still Maze 4, but I’ll skip it as the layout is like Maze 6 but rotated ninety degrees (more or less). Assume lots of enemies that are tough to beat. Anyway, back to Maze 7….

Items Found:
Boots x 2
Bag of Cornstarch
Number Tiles x 3

Similar in design to Maze 1 in terms of layout and complexity. Just past the non-puzzle door at the southwestern border, turn left to head for the puzzle door at the northeast corner. However, you have to enter a secret passageway to proceed, and there is a trap that leads to the oubliette. You can walk past it, but if you walk on the wrong spot, you’ll fall down and there won’t be Helping Hands to save you. Should you fall into the oubliette, there is a door, but it’s so dark you can’t see it. Stank will howl and a rock will lift from the ground which you can ride back up. Naturally, this is only available if Hana and Stank are with you. If all you have is Skub, he will send a rope for you to climb. What happens if you have no one with you, as you lost Hana and Stank before getting to Skub? Well, frankly, you’re in trouble. A cinema will start.

Cinema:
Jareth (appearing beside Toby with a glowing ball in his hand, smirking disdainfully): My, my, Toby! You disappoint me! Such a pity! Perhaps I was wrong to believe in you. *snaps his fingers*

Toby (wakes up, drooling, at a classroom desk as a teacher is snapping at him): Oh, man ….

And it would be Game Over. Your only choices would be to replay the whole thing or load from a saved file.

Anyway, just after you get through the secret passage facing the puzzle door, a cinema will play.

Cinema:
In Toby’s bedroom, where the night sky can be seen in the window, Esker walks in and looks around at the trashed room in disgust.

Esker (shaking his head): Jareth. *takes out a vial and water pours out, forming a lion-like creature* Find the boy. Do not let him reach the castle!

The water-lion nods and slips through the hole in Toby’s closet.

End cinema.

The puzzle door is the same left-right set up. However, this isn’t a question-and-answer type puzzle. Just to the right of the right door is a picture of a pie. Each door has three slots. Scattered throughout the maze are three tiles: 3, 1, and 4. You must place them in that order on one of the doors. Again, the left door will lead you to Maze 4, which is adding to the difficulty, and the right door will take you to the hedge maze to the north. As I’ve mentioned, goblins are fond of puns, which should help you understand the meaning of the picture.

Oh, and there are a pair of topiary soldiers and a pair of goblins (but only if you’ve met Skub first) waiting for you throughout the maze. This is one maze where there are no spikes or flame jets to help you out. You just have to fight them. There will be at least one flowerbed somewhere with fairies and a Jar of Bees if you were nice to Hana. If you don’t have any means of fighting them, and the Bag of Cornstarch isn’t one, you can always use a tunnel to escape to another maze and find something. On the other hand, this is also a time where you can activate the puzzle door even if you haven’t defeated the enemies.

TO BE CONTINUED with the Hedge Maze…

RedPiggy

Reaction score
HEDGE MAZE

This set of four mazes has no puzzle doors, tunnels, or oubliettes. However, each maze is significantly larger and becomes increasingly complicated. For the most part, the only score is a bunch of nature sounds, like birds and stuff. You enter through the right door from the second Stone Maze puzzle door. There are four mazes forming a large square: Maze 1 is the lower right, Maze 2 is the lower left, Maze 3 is the upper left, and Maze 4 is the upper right. Hedges are very tall, though not as tall as the stone walls from the previous maze.

Maze 1

This maze consists of largely long single paths with few branches or open areas. At the very beginning, you have a choice of going immediately to your left, which will lead to the door at the northwest corner, or a path slightly forward which leads to a left path around the bend where you can only get to the exit through secret passages. If you were negative to the Large Yeti in the Stone Maze, a boulder will block the immediate left path, forcing you to travel through the right side of the maze. There are topiary soldiers, goblins, and other enemies to be revealed later. If you have at least one pipe, you can fight your way through them, using Jars of Bees from fairy-tended flowerbeds to decrease goblin defenses. Otherwise, there are termite mounds, two on the left path and two on the right path, which will annoy goblins like the Jars of Bees and eat the topiary soldiers.

Items Found:

Trogspit (can be used at Goblin Money Exchange, also convinces goblins not to fight you and to be loyal to you, as it is a very coveted item for them)

Large Bone x 2 (weapon)

Bag of Cornstarch

Cinema:
Toby, Hana, Stank, and Skub look around, with only Toby in complete awe of the surroundings.

Toby: We’re still in the Labyrinth?

Skub (nods): Yes, this is still the Labyrinth. This is still a dangerous place, though.

Hana (atop Stank): Do you hear that?

Toby (looks down at her): Hear what?

Hana (sighs, shaking her head): All that talking! Don’t you clean your ears out each morning? *gently kicks Stank in the side* C’mon, Stank … I need to check this out. My wings might be around here somewhere.

Hana and Stank push their way through a hedge and end up in a flower garden. A vine suddenly wraps around them, the camera revealing a relatively giant lily with markings implying an angry face looming over them.

Lily: What an unsightly little weed you are!

Hana (rolls eyes): Oh, great – talking flowers!

End cinema.

You will not see Hana and Stank again until Maze 4. This will give you time to get to know Skub.

Halfway along the path on the right side of the maze, an in-game conversation will start.

Toby: So, is this the right way to the center of the Labyrinth?

Skub: There is no right way – only the way put before you.

Toby: Then why the puzzles and obstacles? Aren’t you saying it all really doesn’t matter?

Skub: All of it matters. None of it matters. Toby is unclear how the Labyrinth works. You cannot solve the Labyrinth until you can --.

The two approach a small open area surrounded by trees and shrubs. There is tremendous chattering in this area. A couple of Large Bones are on the ground. Large bones work great against unarmored enemies but break against armored enemies.

Cinema:
Several birds with long narrow necks and sharp beaks can be seen silhouetted against the bright sky. They are chattering angrily to one another.

Bird 1: Wot’s this then?

Bird 2: Les tetes! Les tetes!

Bird 3: What size are your heads? They look plump and juicy.

Skub (frightened): Toby? Skub really thinks we should get out of here.

Toby (rolls eyes): Pffbt. They don’t look dangerous to me.

Skub (high-pitched with anxiety): No, Skub thinks we should really, really, really go! It’s not safe here!

Two birds fly down, their lower torsos revealed to be like the undersides of hats. They latch onto Toby and Skub’s heads and flap and squawk so loudly Toby and Skub cringe and hold their ears. Toby picks up a Large Bone and whacks the bird on Skub’s head, making it fly away.

End cinema.

While the Large Bone works wonders on the bird hats, you can also lure them to the termite mounds where they will eat their fill and fly away. However, to do so puts you at risk because with the termites gone, as evidenced by the mound becoming gray and lifeless, you can’t use that trap for the other enemies. There is a larger open area in the very northeast corner of this maze, but the birds won’t let you reach that area, flocking into an impenetrable wall if you try to go that way. Only after the last bird is defeated will you be able to progress.

The pipes from the Stone Maze, the ones with the gas from the Bog of Eternal Stench, are running along the ground at the edges of the hedges. An elderly balding dwarf with a simple crown, short-sleeved tunic, black slacks, and leather globes and boots is working on the pipes, grumbling to himself.

Cinema:
Toby and Skub, obviously fatigued, walk up behind the dwarf, who continues to grumble as he uses a wrench on the pipes.

Positive Conversation:
Toby: Excuse me? We could use some help, please.

Dwarf (not looking back): You workin’ fer the king?

Toby (glances at Skub and they both shrug): Uh, not really, no.

Dwarf: Then don’t waste my time!

Toby: I’m very sorry. I didn’t mean to waste your time. Uh, need some help?

Dwarf (stops but still doesn’t look back): You’d … you’d really help?

Toby: Sure, what’re friends for?

Dwarf (clutches at the wrench sadly): Ya ain’t my friend. I can’t keeps ‘em. Now leave me alone.

Toby (solemnly): Well, I’ll be around, if you change your mind.

Dwarf (sighs): So wills I. *turns around and tosses Toby a small round stone with a labyrinth-like engraving on it* Here. Might come in handy someday. *leaves*

Character influence: Toby has been given a Keystone that unlocks locked doors.
Scenery influence: A string of jewels will mark the secret passages of the Hedge Maze.

Negative Conversation:
Toby: Yo! I need information!

Dwarf (not looking back): You workin’ fer the king?

Toby: Pffbt. As if.

Dwarf: Then don’t waste my time!

Toby: Whatever! Look, I’ve got to get to the center of the Labyrinth! Now tell me how!

Dwarf (chuckles): Where have I heard that before?

Toby (angrily): Look, ya little wrinkled dweeb – help me or else!

Dwarf (turns around and shakes the wrench at Toby): I ain’t gettin’ mixed up wit’ yer lil’ sob story! Now leave me alone!

Toby (crosses his arms defiantly): I’ll know where to find you if I need you.

Dwarf (scoffs): I ain’t the ones that needs ta be founds! *leaves*

Character influence: Doors will remain locked.
Scenery influence: There won’t be jewels signaling secret passages.

This is the first time a character you meet will appear later elsewhere. As you’ve already met a locked door in the Stone Maze, the Oubliette Door, it’s rather obvious how helpful such a device would already appear.

TO BE CONTINUED ….

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Maze 2

This section of the Hedge Maze is similar to Maze 1, though instead of having a left and right choice, the maze is set up more like top and bottom. Turn left immediately after the door and you can explore a lot of horizontal long paths in the southern half of the maze, which will be your only choice if you angered the Large Yeti.

Items Found:

Bag of Cornstarch

Most of the combat is similar to Maze 1 of the Hedge Maze, including the termite mounds. Most of the enemies spawn in the lower half of the maze, but there is an open area surrounded by trees near the northwest corner that has the bird hat enemies.

As you approach the exit on the left side of the northern border, a cinema starts.

Cinema:
Stank is wrapping up fighting several flowers, releasing Hana from their grasp. She hops back onto his back and he lumbers through the small garden. However, he soon stops next to some tall shrubs and looks up.

Stank (with a voice like Ludo’s but higher pitched): Play.

Hana (looks up to see a flickering tail made out of water): Um, this is a really bad time to play.

The water-lion charges through the shrubs and Hana screams. Stank gallops as fast as he can with Hana barely hanging on, with the giant creature in hot pursuit.

End cinema.

Maze 3

This maze begins more complex pathways with lots of branches, dead ends, and secret passages. The entrance is in the southwest corner and the exit is in the northwest corner. There are two small open areas in the center of the maze and another small one near the northwest corner.

Items Found:

Bag of Cornstarch

Large Bone

New Pipe

Once you reach roughly a third of the way on the solution’s route, an in-game conversation plays, depending on your actions in the Williams’ house.

There’s No Place Like Home:
Toby: I really need to get back. If I don’t turn in that paper, I’m gonna flunk history.

Skub: You wouldn’t have failed. The king made us take skeevy pictures of your teacher – and the lunchlady, and the coach, and the bus driver ….

Toby (alarmed): You blackmailed them? Do you know how hard it is to stay on my school’s good side? *pause* What will Mom think? She’ll kill me!

Home Life Sucks:
Toby: This place ain’t half bad. It’s almost enough to make me forget I’m gonna flunk history.

Skub: You wouldn’t have failed. The king made us take skeevy pictures of your teacher – and the lunchlady, and the coach, and the bus driver ….

Toby (amused): You really blackmailed them? Cool! That’s what they get for making my life miserable.

On the eastern half of the maze, before you reach the midpoint of the eastern wall, there is a small path to the north that leads to a small open area. It is distinguished from the rest of the hedges by the Bog Pipes. Enter the open area to find the Dwarf there, working on the pipes. Use the talk command to speak to him if you wish, but it isn’t required.

If you do, an in-game conversation takes place that is affected by your previous interaction and whether or not you have the Diamond Ring.

Positive and Diamond Ring conversation:
Toby: Still working on the pipes, huh?

Dwarf: Oh, it’s you. I can’ts go home until I fix ‘em.

Toby: Need some help?

Dwarf: Thanks, but no.

Toby (takes out the Diamond Ring): Uh, I found this earlier. *gives it to the Dwarf* I just thought you might like it.

Dwarf (pauses): Uh … you … you found this?

Toby: Yeah. I just wanted to thank you for your help earlier. I appreciate it. *Toby starts to walk away.*

Dwarf: Uh, mister? You have any friends?

Toby (stops and turns back to the Dwarf): I guess so. We argue a lot though. I’ve been in some fights.

Dwarf: Most important thing is friends. *stares at the ring* Friends make ya see what’s really important. Of course, ya gotta stick with it, you know. It’s just like tendin’ a garden … ya gotta works at it.

Toby: Uh, okay. I’ll keep that in mind.

Result: If you have had negative interactions, including the Dwarf, up to this point, all the results will be flipped to positive, to suggest you’re ready to value friendship.

Positive and No Ring conversation:
Toby: Still working on the pipes, huh?

Dwarf: Oh, it’s you. I can’ts go home until I fix ‘em.

Toby: Need some help?

Dwarf: Thanks, but no.

Toby: Okay.

Negative Conversation (regardless of Diamond Ring):
Toby: Man, you’re like a cockroach, aren’t you? You just pop up everywhere.

Dwarf: I ain’ts the one poppin’ ups nowhere. Now leave me alone.

Past the area with the dwarf, further north at the eastern border, is a secret path on the left that leads to another small space, lined with trees. However, instead of bird chattering, there is a fire pit in the center.

Approach the fire pit and it sounds like sticks are being beaten together. The sounds transition into a cinema with a dramatic musical score at first.

Toby (looking around): What is that noise?

Skub (shivering): This could be bad for Toby … and for Skub, too.

Jets of flame shoot down to the ground from the treetops, turning into Fireys, who clap and dance and prance around Toby and Skub, singing.

When the sun goes down (when the sun goes down)
And the bats are back to bed (and the bats are back)
The brothers come 'round (the brothers come 'round)
I get out of my dirty bed (my dirty bed)
I shake my pretty little head (I shake my pretty little head)
Tap my pretty little feet (tap my pretty little feet)
Feeling brighter than sunlight (oh)
Louder than thunder (oh)
Bouncing like a yo-yo, wooh (oh)

Positive Conversation:
Toby (making a time-out hand signal): Whoa, whoa! What is all this?

Lead Firey (as the music continues but the singing stops): We’re just out to have a good time!

Toby: Okay, uh, that’s cool.

Lead Firey: No, that’s smokin’! *laughs*

Toby: Aren’t you afraid of the dangers around here?

Lead Firey (shakes head, singing): Don't got no problems (no problems). Ain't got no suitcase (no suitcase). Ain't got no clothes to worry about (no clothes to worry about). Ain't got no real estate or jewelry or gold mines to hang me up. I just throw in my hand (throw in his hand), With the chilliest bunch in the land (in the land). They don't look much (oh), They sure chilly chilly (oh)! They positively glow glow, huh (oh)!

Toby: Riiiiight. Well, that’s cool. Can I sing?

Lead Fiery (looks at the others and grins, shrugging): Let’s heat the place up!

Fiery 2: The boy’s on fire!

Toby (laughs nervously): But not literally, right?

The dancing and singing continues, with Skub inching away nervously and Toby rocking with the Fireys.

Chilly down with the fire gang
Think small with the fire gang (It's the only way)
Bad hep with the fire gang (a smile a day keeps the doctor away)
When your thing gets wild
Chilly down

Chilly down with the fire gang (Hey, I'm a wild child)
Act tall with the fire gang (whoo, walk tall)
Good times, bad food (yeah)
When your thing gets wild
Chilly down, chilly down

The music fades. The Lead Fiery slaps Toby on the shoulders and offers to give him five. As soon as their hands connect, Toby’s hands erupt in flame. The Fireys laugh and jump back into the trees.

Character influence: Toby can now use fire magic when prompted to use the square button if he has no weapon equipped.
Scenery influence: Underground tunnels and dark hallways will now have lighted torches to make it easier to see.

Negative Conversation:
Toby (angrily): Oh, sweet … random musical moment.

Lead Firey (as the music continues but the singing stops): We’re just out to have a good time!

Toby: Well, knock it off! You’re annoying me!

Lead Fiery: We ain’t never gonna stop havin’ a good time! How ‘bout we knock off your pretty little head, instead?

Toby (defiantly): You think I don’t know how to fight? I beat up guys all the time at school! I even set a fire once myself!

Lead Firey (shocked): And you think we’re bad news? Better look in the mirror!

Firey 2: He’d break it!

Firey 3: Bad luck! *others laugh*

Toby: Just get away from me!

Lead Firey: We ain’t the ones trespassing, Bad Boy! King’s gonna have your head!

Firey 2 (takes off his head and bounces it in his hand): You got a bad head on your shoulders!

Firey 3: Let’s get him a new one! *they start to surround him*

Toby (grabs Skub): We’re leaving these losers! *runs off*

End cinema.

Character influence: The Fireys will periodically revolt either in the Hedge Maze or in Goblin City and you can’t stop it unless you know a skill that will come later. Wherever they are revolting, goblins will try to stop them and certain areas may be too damaged to enter.

Scenery influence: Tunnels and dark hallways will remain dark, obscuring certain hidden passages or objects or visual references.

TO BE CONTINUED ….

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Maze 4

This maze is similar to Maze 3. The entrance is in the northwest corner and the exit is in the northeast corner. As you progress from the entrance, if you were negative to the Large Yeti, there will be a boulder at the second right, forcing you to take the long way through the maze.

Items Found:
Crystal Ball (Concept Art – enemies)

Just as you enter the maze, though, an in-game conversation takes place, depending on how you played the Williams’ house.

There’s No Place Like Home:
Toby (anxiously): I wonder if my parents are freaking out about me right now. Mom’ll be ticked off she made dinner and I’m not there.

Skub: Skub’s mother taught Skub to cook. She said, “Skub, in order to make water glue, pour some starch and then you’re through.”

Home Life Sucks:
Skub: Does Toby miss his parents?

Toby (casually): Not really. They’re never home much anyway. I even have to cook for myself.

Skub: Skub’s mother taught Skub to cook. She said, “Skub, in order to make water glue, pour some starch and then you’re through.”

Regardless of which path you had to take, as you make your way to the exit, eventually you walk past an open area to your left after rounding a corner. A cinema begins.

Toby (aloof): I wonder where Hana and Stank went?

Hana (panicked atop Stank): Toby! Skub! Run for it!

Toby looks in their direction as Stank is galloping as fast as he can, followed by a water-lion. Stank makes a hard corner and the water-lion rams into a wall, splashing everywhere, only to reform and continue its pursuit.

Toby (in shock): What is that thing? It looks like it’s made of water?

Skub (grabbing onto Toby’s legs for life): Sk-Sk-Skub doesn’t know! Skub’s never seen one before!

All run as the water-lion continues to chase them.

End cinema.

Whether you try to head for the exit or backtrack to lose it, you’ll find that none of your weapons are useful. However, if you’ve been collecting Bags of Cornstarch, you’ll find it mucking up the creature and slowing it down, making it harder to pursue you. If you’ve collected all four by now, the last one you throw at it will make it nearly solid, allowing you to attack it with a weapon, though the weapons will be only somewhat effective. In order to make an effective kill, use all four Bags of Cornstarch and attack with fire magic, hardening the mixture. It will stop cold like a statue and a few hits will shatter it permanently. If this does not occur, you will run into this creature again when you revisit the area.

Upon reaching the exit, which is inside a small area, a cinema will begin.

Skub (rushing forward happily): Thank goodness you’re here, General! Something followed us into the Labyrinth! Something dangerous!

The camera cuts to the exit, from which a throng of goblin knights appear. In the rear is a tall muscular goblin, appearing much more humanoid than the others. He wears a curved horn helmet and unlike other goblin knights has bright decorative accessories on his armor. He grins darkly.

Goblin General (crossing his arms, his voice low and calm yet threatening): Yes, I know. Toby Williams – you are under arrest.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The cinema continues with a young human girl with blonde hair, worn dress, and goblin mask walking timidly down a street in Goblin City, with houses all around her of every size and with warped walls, as though in a normal world they would fall apart at any minute. The camera is in front of her as she walks, keeping pace with her and keeping her in the center of the screen. Flashbacks appear behind her as a near-transparent rear-projection effect.

Flashback 1:
The girl is getting dressed and we don’t see her real face, then she is seen scrubbing floors with grimy water.

Flashback 2:
A short, squat, grouchy elderly goblin is in his pajamas berating the girl as quiet and serene music plays.

Goblin (angrily eating, his voice gruff like Hoggle’s but lower-pitched): What is this swill, Moppet? Am I drinking from chamber pot or a teapot? I’ve half a mind to toss you back into the Junkyard where I found you!

Small Goblin (walks into view and pauses): Oh, what a lie! He doesn’t have half a mind to begin with!

Moppet (looks down sadly): I’m sorry, Mr. Spittledrum, sir.

Moppet continues to walk and ends up in a large central plaza, where a throng of goblins are singing Dance Magic around a large stone water fountain with stone dwarf statues on each of four sides with water coming out – in a Freudian way. She stops by a shoe store, with a small goblin with a spiky Mohawk standing happily in the doorway.

Moppet: Good morning, Mr. Flegwort. Mr. Spittledrum would like something special for dinner tonight.

Mr. Flegwort: Some loafers?

Moppet (smiles): Perhaps something a bit more robust?

Mr. Flegwort (nods): Ah, lemme pull up some bootstraps for you then. *goes inside and returns with a case of bootstraps* Here you go.

Moppet takes the case and reaches a place where there is a large muddy area.

Male voice: Stop! I cannot allow you to pass!

Moppet (turns around, confused): Why ever not?

The camera cuts to a small fox terrier-like colorfully clothed creature with an eye patch on his left eye atop a white and gray shaggy sheepdog.

Creature (jumps off the dog and places a coat on the muddy patch and bows): I cannot let a fair maiden like thyself dirty her feet needlessly.

Moppet (blushes, grinning): You flatter me, Sir Didymus. Forgive me: I must be going.

Sir Didymus (hops back onto his dog): As must I, milady. The king hath given me a mission of vital importance.

Moppet waves at Sir Didymus and rushes to a bridge connecting Goblin City to the Goblin Castle, with a moat underneath not filled with water but with sharp metal spikes. She spots Toby, Hana, and Stank being led into the castle by a contingent of goblin knights. She seems flustered and saddened.

The scene cuts to the throne room of the castle, where Jareth is lounging on his semi-circular throne, staring morosely into a crystal ball. It drops from his hand as Moppet enters to give him a batch of envelopes. He looks away and gives her an envelope in return and shoos her away dismissively. Moppet leaves the throne room to see Candlewic cleaning his sword in the middle of a throng of eager goblins who seem to be hanging on his every word. Moppet smiles and blushes as she walks past and turns right.

The scene cuts to a courtroom, where Spittledrum is dressed as a judge, complete with white curly wig and black robes, as he is presiding over a trial. Toby, Hana, and Stank are standing in the center of the room with a jury of goblins heckling them.

Spittledrum: Let’s make this quick. Verdict?

Jury: Guilty, guilty, guilty!

Toby (angrily): Wait a minute!

Spittledrum (bangs a gavel): I refuse to wait another minute!

Moppet (enters the courtroom): Sir? Someone wishes to speak with you.

Spittledrum: Make them wait! Now for the sentencing! *looks at Hana* Losing your wings wasn’t enough for you, then? Community service! *looks at Stank*

Goblin (standing next to Stank with a clipboard): Sir, I beg for leniency. He’s just a puppy – or a kitten – or a cub.

Spittledrum: Who are you?

Goblin: I am Pendrik Pettifogger, Proctor to the Defence.

Spittledrum: Proctor, eh? Maybe you can take a look at this for me. *turns around and moons the courtroom*

Pendrik (irked): It’s benign.

Toby (looks like he wants to crawl in a hole and die): Please make it stop ….

Spittledrum (cheerfully): Technically, it’s a behind. Okay, let the yeti cub do … uh … whatever he was doing. *to Toby, his tone of voice turning deadly* Now, to the charge of trespassing. Goblin Ordinance number 2579 clearly states that no human shall enter the Labyrinth without first making a verbal request preceded by the words “I wish”, which must then be approved by the King and the Mayor, which is me. The only valid punishment for such a heinous offense is – death.

Toby (loudly protests as he’s being led away): This is insane! I didn’t do anything!

Hana: Don’t worry, Toby. The executioner has really bad aim. You’ve got plenty of time to think of a way to escape.

Spittledrum then leaves the courtroom with Moppet, grumbling under his breath. Jareth meets them both in the hallway, visibly irritated. Moppet bows and leaves.

Jareth (leaning against a wall, crossing his arms): Ah, Saddlebum.

Spittledrum (grumbling): Spittledrum, sir.

Jareth: Please send the boy you’ve arrested to the castle.

Spittledrum (smiles): Of course, Your Majesty. How many pieces would you like him in, sir?

Jareth (frowning, his tone deadly): Why, one, of course.

Spittledrum (nearly gags): Of – of – of course he’d be in one piece, Your Majesty! I was merely referring to the kind of suit you wanted him to wear.

Jareth (smirks): Tweedledum, if you’ve done anything rash, the only thing you’ll be mayor of is your own personal oubliette!

Spittledrum (dashes away in a panic): Stop the execution!

End cinema.