Return to Labyrinth: The Video Game

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Note: I'm taking a slight breather from this one, as I want to concentrate on Spring Forward. It's too many balls to juggle.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Mission 3: Find a royal cook.

Spittledrum (bitterly): There’s been an explosion in the kitchen, Your Highness. The old cook tried to fry chicken. Yuck! At any rate, the castle can’t very well feed both the king and his guests if there’s no cook. I don’t care if you have to interview every goblin in the city, just find one!

Toby (sighs): Wouldn’t it be easier to put out a want ad?

Spittledrum (angrily): I don’t want to add! I don’t want to subtract, multiply, or divide! I want a cook!

Toby (sighs)

Lots of goblins can be talked to by pushing the talk button.

Toby: Hey, would you like to be a royal cook?

Goblin responses (vary): No. Thanks, but no thanks. Have you seen the kitchen? I only eat what I can buy. We get to cook the king?

Toby can find Hana and Stank in the plaza.

Hana: Pffbt. Like I want to cook your food when you haven’t exactly kept your promise to find my wings.

Toby can find Moppet in front of Spittledrum’s mansion.

Moppet: I am honored, but Mr. Spittledrum needs me.

Toby can find Skub wandering in the fields in the northwest corner (which is upper left on the map).

Skub (cheerfully): Oh, Skub is an excellent cook, Prince Toby! My mother trained me, and she was the goblin who prepared the Great Feast of Phograss. Oh, Prince Toby should have been there! The meal was so tasty that when my mother came out with the bill, the diners mistook her for second desserts. *sniffles*

Return to Spittledrum.

Spittledrum (glaring at Skub): Absolutely not! It’ll take months to find him a proper uniform!

Goblin (the same goblin who brought the cabinet earlier comes in with an apron): Actually, sir, Chef Eskubar’s uniform miraculously survived the explosion. A few letters were singed off the monogram, leaving just the letters S, K, U, and B.

Spittledrum (angrily): Why must fate always conspire to contradict everything I say? *sighs* Fine, you’re hired. Go to the kitchen and start preparing dinner.

Skub (happily): Oh, thank you, Mr. Spittledrum! *leaves*

Spittledrum (to Toby): That water witch is waiting for us in the throne room. Let’s get this meeting over with, shall we?

At the end of this mission, Toby must to the throne room. As soon as he enters, a cinema begins.

Cinema:
Toby and Spittledrum walk into the throne room, where Mizumi and her daughters are standing in the center, in front of the throne.

A close up of Mizumi finds her staring at Toby, smirking. A flashback begins, with a shimmering, wavering effect to suggest water, as though we are peering into water to see these images.

Jareth, wearing the white and brown feathery costume from the movie finale, enters Mizumi’s throne room. Moulin and Drumlin appear similar to their current forms, but they appear to be about ten years old.

Moulin (nods to Jareth): Day by day, the Goblin King does feel his powers shrink. Many cups our mother has, but what will Jareth drink?

Mizumi (sitting coyly on her throne): Moulin, Drumlin – that’s enough. Our guest has come a long way to see Mummy. *to Jareth* You poor dear, you look exhausted. Can I offer you some refreshment? *offers a goblet of water*

Jareth (smirks): While they say the natives of Moraine are most alluring, the guides advise against drinking the water.

Mizumi (scoffs, then recovers her smile): Then perhaps there is something else I can give you that you proved incapable of getting on your own. *stands, a mist surrounding her, transforming her into Sarah* Take me, Jareth. Rule me. *gets close enough to kiss him, then laughs and pushes him away, transforming back to her original form* To think you lost your heart to that when you could have had me. State your purpose for coming here.

Jareth (determined): I want you to make something for me.

Mizumi (aloof, returns to her throne): And what will you offer in exchange?

Jareth (bows his head slightly): A wager. If I succeed, the ablation you make me is mine to keep. If I fail, the Labyrinth, the Goblin Kingdom and its king are yours to do with as you please.

Mizumi (proudly): Very well, Goblin King. I accept your wager. You have thirteen years before you and your kingdom become mine … forever.

The flashback ends and Mizumi bows her head slightly to Toby and glances at Spittledrum with a smirk.

Mizumi: You mustn’t overwhelm poor Toby. He isn’t one of your goblin servants. He’s training to be your king. There are things a king should know that a simple goblin could never teach.

Spittledrum (starts to protest, but as soon as he opens his mouth, mist with letters floating inside flies out of his mouth and into Mizumi’s hand, where they pop and the words become audible): Witch! What … have … you … done … to … my … voice?

Mizumi (smiles to Toby): Things like magic are beyond mere goblin fare. I can teach you how. I sense you have the potential to be every bit as powerful a sorcerer as Jareth. I’m sure that is why he picked you as his heir.

Moppet (arrives, speaking bitterly): Thank you, but no thanks. We don’t need your help.

Mizumi (frowns): You speak above your position, goblin girl – though you’re not really a goblin, are you? *stretches out her hand, Moppet’s goblin mask starting to liquefy and fly toward Mizumi*

Toby (curtly): Mizumi, stop! If you are to be my guest, I won’t have you tormenting my friends.

Moppet (glances at Toby in shock, blushing)

Mizumi (nods): My apologies, Your Majesty. *hands him a vial* A gift. It is water, but not just any water – water from Moraine. No matter how much you pour from the phial, it will never run dry. Until you have mastered your own magic, perhaps you will find it useful. Tomorrow, as the sun sets behind the walls of the Labyrinth, meet me at the top of the castle. That is where your true lessons shall begin.

Toby and Spittle drum nod and leave the throne room, with Spittledrum reading from a list of classes Toby should attend. As soon as they are alone, Drumlin shrugs. Drumlin sounds like she is heavily congested with fluid in her lungs.

Drumlin: I don’t get it, Mum. If you want the Labyrinth, just take it. He can’t stop the four of us.

Mizumi (confidently): Patience, dear. There are rules about these things. There are only two ways to get control of a kingdom: defeat the king in battle, or get him to offer it in trade. As incompetent as the goblins are, they are tenacious to a fault and far outnumber our forces.

Moulin (scoffs): Toby would trade his kingdom for a pony.

Mizumi (grins darkly): Ah, but I’ve already made an agreement – with Jareth. I should have known that Jareth wouldn’t have surrendered himself so easily. The king might have changed, but in one week’s time, the kingdom is mine.

End cinema.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
SIR DIDYMUS’ MISSIONS

Sir Didymus can be found wandering around Goblin City on his gray-white sheepdog, Ambrosius, at different times of the day. From 8-11 AM he can be found in the Gatehouse at the southern end of Goblin City. From 12-3 PM he can be found in the central plaza. From 5-7 PM, he can be found in the northeast forest. And from 8-11PM he can be found in front of his mansion. These are the only times he can be addressed for missions, which involve finding enemies to defeat. Unlike Spittledrum’s missions, these are optional and are not required to progress the story, though they are useful for increasing your rank. First, however, you must approach him. No matter where he is when you first meet him after giving him the invitation to Spittledrum’s meeting, a cinema will begin. This really has little to do with the manga, though.

Cinema:

Toby approaches Sir Didymus and Ambrosius, who seem to be inspecting wherever they are.

Positive Conversation:
Sir Didymus (brandishing a riding crop): Halt! Who goes there?

Toby: Uh, Toby.

Sir Didymus: Toby, you say? Wouldst thou be Toby, the brother of Lady Sarah?

Toby (surprised): You know my sister?

Sir Didymus (nods solemnly): Thou wast a wee babe when we befriended her on her quest to save thee. My congratulations, Your Highness – it just now occurred to me thou art the very same heir mentioned by King Jareth.

Toby: I’m sorry, but I don’t remember my sister mentioning you.

Sir Didymus (timidly): She never mentioned us? Sir Didymus? How about Brother Hoggle, turned Prince of the Land of Stench? What about Sir Ludo, the noble knight who summons rocks from the land itself?

Toby (shrugs, embarrassed): I’m afraid not. Forgive me, Sir Didymus.

Sir Didymus (slightly disappointed): I assure you, Your Highness, she is a young lady well remembered for her nobility and grace. She is sorely missed by those closest to her.

Toby (smiles): You are too kind, Sir Didymus. Thank you for letting me know. I’ll tell her – if – if I ever see her again.

Sir Didymus (nods): Fear not, young and valiant Prince! I shall prepare thee for the trials ahead! There is danger throughout the Goblin Kingdom. One must not tread its paths unawares.

Character influence: Toby’s fighting style will increase in strength and speed by 30%.

Scenery influence: A small parade of goblins shall tour the Goblin City at 7AM and 4PM. Once you complete Sir Didymus’ missions, he will accompany the parade.

Negative Conversation:
Sir Didymus (brandishing a riding crop): Halt! Who goes there?

Toby (irritated): Don’t you recognize me?

Sir Didymus: Wouldst thou be Toby, the brother of Lady Sarah?

Toby (shocked): How on earth would a half-blind little rat dog know my sister?

Sir Didymus (coughs): Thou was a wee babe when we befriended her on her quest to save thee. I apologize, Your Highness – it just now occurred to me thou hast taken control of the kingdom for thyself.

Toby: Whatever. I’m just shocked she knew you. Such a waste.

Sir Didymus (timidly): She never mentioned us? Sir Didymus? How about Brother Hoggle, turned Prince of the Land of Stench? What about Sir Ludo, the noble knight who summons rocks from the land itself?

Toby (scoffs): She never even let on she knew any of the weirdoes from this stupid place.

Sir Didymus (depressed): I suppose she just … didn’t need us, then.

Toby: Yeah, my heart aches for you. I have to move on now, if you don’t mind.

Sir Didymus (tries to regain his composure): As shall I, Your Highness! I warn thee, though, as a favor to thy sister – the Goblin Kingdom is fraught with peril. There are many enemies much stronger than thee, I’m afraid. Still, with my counsel, you might very well survive … somehow.

Character influence: Toby’s fighting style will decrease in strength and speed 10%.

Scenery influence: There will be no parade.

End cinema.

Talk to Sir Didymus again when you regain control to begin a mission. Also, from now on, your health can be depleted during battle, regardless of the nature of your conversation with him. Health can be restored with items from the Piffledoom Café.

Mission 1: Attend a sparring class with Sir Didymus.

Sir Didymus: I beg thee leave to yon Goblin Castle, near the stables. I shall meet thee there to examine the basics of battle.

Toby must travel back to the Goblin Castle, working his way into the dirt arena. Sir Didymus will be in the center. A goblin will stand near the stables only during Didymus missions, offering weapons for sale. Toby may purchase as many different kinds as he can afford, but he can only buy one of each. The goblin will take either boots or trogspit or gold for payment. Bits and pieces of dialogue and the order of opponents are from the manga, as Didymus is one of the teachers instructing Prince Toby on how to run the kingdom.

Short sword: Increases speed and strength by 15%. One-handed weapon. Available for 1 pair of boots, 1 bottle of trogspit, or 5 gold.
Large sword: Decreases speed by 15% and increases strength by 20%. Two-handed weapon. Available for 2 pairs of boots, 2 bottles of trogspit, or 10 gold.
Small shield: Increases defense by 15%. Available for 1 pair of boots, 1 bottle of trogspit, or 5 gold. Cannot be used with two-handed weapons.
Large shield: Increases defense by 25%. Available for 2 pairs of boots, 2 bottles of trogspit, or 10 gold. Cannot be used with two-handed weapons.

These are all that are available at the moment. More will be available in each mission. Each sword is more powerful than either Pipes or Large Bones.

Obviously, how many hits enemies will take to defeat will depend on the weapon used and how you treated Sir Didymus.

If you attempt to fight Sir Didymus without anything, he will refuse to fight an unarmed opponent.

Once you have a weapon equipped, even if it’s an old weapon from the mazes, approaching him will begin the battle tutorial. The music shall be the same as the music played during Sarah’s run through Goblin City. Yes, you’ve fought before, but Sir Didymus likes to spell things out as he considers himself the expert. In the arena, there will be several types of traps. One is a set of ground spikes that can be triggered by running past them with the opponent in pursuit, who will then be damaged by the spikes. One is a spring-loaded net that fires from a side wall when a nearby device is struck with a weapon. It will do little damage to the opponent if it connects, but you can attack freely the now-immobile opponent. There are four of these total. One is a set of Helping Hands that occasionally spring out of the stable walls. They will trap and damage the opponent before letting it go. Sir Didymus shall point out the advantages of using the environment. Sir Didymus does not count as a boss, thus you may fight him directly if you wish. He is very fast, but his attacks will only be stronger than you if you have poor weapons and you were negative towards him earlier.

Once you or he is at the half point of health, the match will be over. You really wouldn’t want to pound poor Didymus into the ground, would you?

Sir Didymus: Excellent, Your Highness! I have fought thee to a standstill! We shall be brothers henceforth!

Note: This battle earns you a trophy as it is the only time you fight him, but only if you got him to half health and thus defeated him.

Moulin will then appear in fencing garb.

Sir Didymus: Now that our Prince has found his taste for battle, Lady Moulin has graciously volunteered to be a sparring partner. Normally, a knight would not dare to raise a weapon against a lady, but this is for mere educational purposes!

Approach Moulin and her fight shall begin, with your health restored fully. The traps remain the same and are reset, but there are some differences to this battle. She is twice as strong as Didymus and three times as fast. Also, as a water elemental, she will use magic against you, either blasting you with water or summoning her rain cloud partner to rain on a section of the arena, making it muddy and slowing you down. She will avoid the mud herself and take potshots at you with water blasts. She does not count as a boss, so you may attack her directly. Having a shield will help you withstand the magic attacks better. You may, if you have the ability, use fire magic on the rain cloud partner as it starts to rain, canceling out the speed-sucking maneuver. It will also dry whatever mud had already formed. However, if you use it against Moulin, she will merely form a shield of water to protect herself.

Once you or she reaches half health, the match will be over.

Sir Didymus: I say! Never before have I seen such talent in battle!

Candlewic shall then appear, wearing heavy armor. He smiles as he spots Toby.

Candlewic: Perhaps Your Majesty would care to spar with an opponent more appropriate for a prince.

Approach Candlewic and his fight shall begin, with your health restored fully. The traps remain the same and are reset, though they do much less damage to him since he is heavily armored. Also, any mud created by Moulin’s cloud will dry up. While he is the final opponent, he does not count as a boss, so he may be attacked directly. Only with the swords and fire magic can you strike him with decent damage. However, if you still have some Jars of Bees, you can throw them at him and he will take off a piece of armor in disgust, lowering his defense each time. He is half the speed of Didymus, but he is three times as strong. He has no magic skills. He will also not stay netted for very long, slicing his way through the net with relative ease as his sword is stronger than anything you have. Unlike Didymus, who uses his size and speed to his advantage while making relatively simple attacks, Candlewic is fond of combos that are difficult to deflect.

Combo 1: Slash diagonally, thrust, and backhand.
Combo 2: Sweep the legs, vertical strike, and punch as you get up.

Once you or he reaches quarter health, the match will be over. This is due to Candlewic’s deep resentment of you, so he isn’t as nice as the others. As this is not the only time you will run up against Candlewic, his defeat here will not result in the trophy mentioned earlier.

Sir Didymus: Heavens! *to Candlewic* You must not cull our prince before his coronation!

Candlewic: Hmph! *leaves*

TO BE CONTINUED ….

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Mission 2: Lead your way to victory.

Note: This has nothing to do with the manga, at least in Volume 2 or 3. I just thought it would be neat to have goblin assists during battle. Also, new weapons are available near the stables. These are one-shot items, so you can buy more only if you use them up. They will be available until the end of Didymus’ missions.

Spear: Increases strength by 20%. Can be thrown inside or outside battle. Available for 1 pair of boots, 1 bottle of trogspit, or 10 gold.
Small net: Does not increase or decrease stats. Can be thrown to immobilize opponent temporarily. Available for 1 pair of boots, 1 bottle of trogspit, or 10 gold.

Sir Didymus: Very well, then – back for more, eh?

Toby: I never got anything the last time!

Sir Didymus: Tsk, tsk, tsk, Your Highness! A noble knight protects his wards out of the goodness of his heart! Dost thou think thy opponents will just give you presents when you defeat them? Nay, for they are opponents! The reward is finding a quest well completed!

Toby (sighs)

Sir Didymus: Find thee the three Goblin Corps. They are most likely near the stables behind the castle or at the Gatehouse. You shall choose one group from among them. The Red Corps fight atop riding beasts and are quick, brave, and tenacious! The Green Corps are heavily armored and use cannons and gunfire to slay thy opponents, though admittedly they are a bit slow to battle. The Yellow Corps care not for physical combat, but construct traps perilous to thy opponents. A King worth his kingdom must be a valiant leader as well as a warrior! Once thou hast chosen which Corps to take with you, proceed to the Labyrinth. There is a kobold loose in the Stone Maze, I fear. The nasty little critters are fond of mischief, disrupting our tunnels. They are also nigh invisible in the dark. Should the torches not be lit, perhaps there is a method of lighting them at the ready. Defeat the knave and you will have done thy kingdom a noble service!

Like Sir Didymus mentioned, pick a Corps that fits your taste. Each Corps for this mission consists of two soldiers. A kobold is kind of like Dobby of Harry Potter fame in appearance – short, spindly, dressed humbly, etc. However, it is far more aggressive, acting more like the Fireys in terms of viciousness. No matter what Corps you pick, you risk the kobold messing with them by scaring the bipedal dragons, breaking the guns, or turning the traps on you. Also, if you were mean to Skub and didn’t negate that by giving Hoggle the diamond ring, the Goblin Corps will not only have their strength decreased by 25% but will also sometimes take potshots at you.

The kobold is waiting for you in one of the tunnels under the Stone Maze. If you brought the Yellow Corps, they will light the torches for you if you didn’t remain positive with the Fireys. Otherwise, the torches should already be lit, making the kobold visible. The Red Corps will immediately attack. The Green Corps will wait until the kobold attacks to fire. The Yellow Corps will stay away from the fighting, quickly constructing nets throughout the tunnel instead.

Once the kobold is defeated completely, the Corps will mention looking around for treasure. Check the tunnels, even tunnels where you didn’t find the kobold. There will be a sack of 500 Gold behind a booby trap. If you were mean to Skub, the Goblin Corps will not help you. You will have to take damage by tripping the trap yourself. Otherwise, the Corps will disable the trap in their own comic ways. The Goblin Corps, regardless, will take 50 pieces of gold for themselves, leaving you with the rest. From now on, when you take a Goblin Corps with you, they will take their share of any “rewards”. A soldier’s gotta eat, you know.

Also, each time you defeat an enemy, even a boss, with Goblin Corps, their loyalty will increase. Thus, even if you were mean to Skub, they will start to respect you, which increases their strength and speed and decreases the chances they’ll hit you. Now that this mission is over, you will find the different Corps where you found them before and will be available upon request. Standard missions will increase all of the Corps by one soldier. Boss battles except naturally for the final one will result in an increase in three soldiers.

The next two missions will only be unlocked upon certain conditions.

Mission 3: Put down the Fiery revolts.

The Fiery revolts may have been happening randomly anyway, but even if they haven’t yet, if you were negative towards the Fireys, there will be three revolts that you must put down. This mission unlocks if the Fierys were treated negatively and Mizumi gave you the phial of water from Moraine.

Sir Didymus: Oh, those frightful fiends!

Toby: What’s wrong?

Sir Didymus: Something has the Fireys all fired up, heh, as it were. They are attacking the Stone Maze – why, I have no idea, as it is made of stone – the Hedge Maze, and the northwest forest in Goblin City! You must find them at once. I do hope thou hast the means of defeating them! Find good armor and perhaps take a Goblin Corps with you!

Water armor: Makes you 50% resistant to water attacks or dangers. Available for 3 pairs of boots, 3 bottles of trogspit, or 30 gold.
Fire armor: Makes you 50% resistant to fire attacks or dangers. Available for 3 pairs of boots, 3 bottles of trogspit, or 30 gold.

When you’ve reached the site of a revolt, concentrate on using the water of Moraine to douse the fires first. When all the flames are out, the Fireys will attack. They are not bosses and thus may be attacked directly. The Red Corps’ bipedal dragons will be frightened of the Fireys and refuse to budge, forcing the goblins to attack standing still. The Green Corps will be powerful against the Fireys, but there is a chance the Fireys will dodge by separating body parts. The Yellow Corps will focus on spike traps. The Fireys are weak against water, but they have lots of health to whittle down. However, they don’t have as much health as bosses will have. When they reach half health, they will attempt to regain their health by setting more fires. Use the water of Moraine on them before they get a chance.

Mission 4: Protect us from the dragon.

This mission will unlock after you have completed the other three and were negative to Ludo.

Sir Didymus: I must sally forth and protect my brother!

Toby: Who’s your brother?

Sir Didymus: Why, Sir Ludo, my brother in arms! He proved himself a valiant warrior in the Battle of Goblin City, when thy sister Sarah raced towards the castle gates among throngs of angry goblin soldiers!

Toby (dryly): You’re kidding.

Sir Didymus: Why, Your Highness … I would never make light of the strength of the young lady’s will! I assure you, she is a valiant warrior, having defeated the Goblin King himself!

Toby (in shock): She beat Jareth?

Sir Didymus (nods): Not by sword nor lance, but by the strength of her fighting spirit! *sighs* She is a warrior in the purest sense of the word. May His Majesty find himself powered by an equally strong heart and will.

Toby: So, uh, what does Ludo, uh, Sir Ludo need?

Sir Didymus: Ah. Desire the glory, do you? There is a dragon invading the Stone Maze. Dragons are vicious brutes that will destroy all they survey! Take care to equip thyself carefully and bring reinforcements. Take nothing for granted!

Toby (nods): Right.

Steel Armor: Increases defense by 50% but decreases speed by 15%. Available for 5 pairs of boots, 5 bottles of Trogspit, or 50 gold.
Cape of Invisibility: Makes you invisible to sneak past or up to enemies except for bosses. Available for 5 pairs of boots, 5 bottles of Trogspit, or 50 gold.

You will find Ludo staring at a wall near a secret pathway in Maze 5. Approach him and a cinema starts.

Cinema:

Toby (quietly): Oh, wonderful. This ought to be fun. This is that same guy. *to Ludo, more loudly* Sir Ludo! Sir Didymus sent me here to help you!

Ludo (turns toward Toby, frowning): Go … away.

Toby: I’m here to help. You can take it or leave it.

Ludo (groans, thinking, then nods): Dwagon.

Toby (nods): Yes, Sir Didymus told me to come take care of this dragon. Where is it?

Ludo (points to the secret pathway entrance): There.

End cinema.

Once you go through the secret pathway, you find the dragon. It’s not exactly the large vicious beast Didymus said it’d be. If you’ve seen the episode, it turns out to be the three foot blue chubby dragon with the big eyes and the pale yellow underbelly from “Red’s Blue Dragon” in Fraggle Rock. It blows smoke out of its mouth and can breathe fire, but only rarely. If you took any of the Corps, they will attack immediately. If you’re wearing the cape of invisibility, you won’t be attacked by either the goblins or the dragon. However, after the goblins attack the dragon a couple of times, they comically forget that you are there and leave, promising themselves to find the reward and take it for themselves since “we did all the work”.

Once the dragon is at half health, Ludo appears and a short cinema begins.

Cinema:

Ludo (frowning): Dwagon … lost.

Toby (glances at the panting and groaning dragon and at Ludo, sighing): So, what you’re saying is, don’t kill the dragon, but help it get unlost?

Ludo (nods): Help … help … dwagon. Dwagon like … apples. Toby find apples.

Toby: But there aren’t any apple trees in the mazes.

Ludo: Find apples … Goblin City.

Toby (thinks, then nods): Right. Go buy some apples. Check. Be right back.

End cinema.

Now you must return to Goblin City and head toward the Piffledoom Café. Turns out they sell golden apples. Who woulda thought? The Piffledoom Café only can be paid in gold. If you’re low on that, go find some items in the mazes and pawn them at the Money Exchange.

Golden Apple: 100 gold

Once you have the Golden Apple, find the dragon where you found it earlier. Give it the Golden Apple and its health will be restored. Ludo, who is also there with the dragon, will check it out and nod.

Ludo: Good … good dwagon. Where … home?

The dragon will calm down and look around. There is a boulder sitting in front of a hole in the wall. It seems to lead to a long tunnel, but that is physically impossible as the stone walls are only about four feet thick. Ludo nods and howls. The boulder moves and the dragon grunts happily and breathes fire in triumph and leaves through the cave opening, which then vanishes in sparkling light.

Toby: Huh. Weird.

Ludo (turns toward Toby happily): Ludo … happy. Sawah … have … good … bwuthah. *leaves*

After this mission, there is a box somewhere in Maze 5 of the Stone Maze. Opening it is without difficulty. A small wooden amulet with a funny googly-eyed face is inside. However, it’s only available if you didn’t wear the cape of invisibility and the goblins didn’t leave and take it with them. Also, the boulders disappear since you regained Ludo’s trust.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Have I mentioned how much I like this treatment? Sheerly brillgenius. Please... Post more?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL. I thought, "Hey, the Matt cameo was official, why not add some more?" :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And the thing is... It worked so well. *Waiting for next segment.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Still trying to come up with missions for Nymblie, the fashion guru. Will update when I think of something.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
NYMBLIE’S MISSIONS

This set of missions is required to advance the plot. Mizumi will only be approachable after all of Spittledrum’s missions and Nymblie’s missions are completed. Some of the stuff in these missions are based on the manga, some aren’t.

Nymblie is about as tall as Jareth, dressed like a Shakespearean actor, with brightly colored clothes, a white ruffled collar, and a flowing cape. He has slicked back black hair and a handlebar mustache. The shape of his face is similar to Moppet’s goblin mask, with long pointed ears and nose, as though he provided the reference for it. He can be found standing outside the Coat Room on the first floor of the castle, which is to the left of Spittledrum’s office. He always seems to have an expression of boredom as he inspects anyone he sees. Talk to him to begin a mission and return to him to earn the reward.

Mission 1: In Need of a Makeover

Nymblie (the same one who gave you formalwear for the ball, sighing): I must say, Your Majesty, I don’t know what I was thinking.

Toby: What do you mean?

Nymblie (shakes head): Forgive me. I had no idea I had forced upon your person such blasé attire. Permit me to design a masterpiece destined for greatness.

Toby (chuckles): That’s okay. I really don’t need it. I like the way I look.

Nymblie (horrified): How ever shall I live with myself?

Toby: Uh, why not design some clothes for the others, like my friends or the Goblin Cabinet?

Nymblie (still horrified, picking at his clothes): You think my wardrobe unworthy?

Toby (grins): You think mine is. *pause* I’m just kidding, Nymblie. But the coronation is coming up and I think a fresh look would set the right tone, don’t you agree?

Nymblie (nods, still somewhat disappointed): Yes, you’re, ahem, right, Your Majesty. You needn’t worry about fabric, for my store carries some of the best. However, there is the matter of accessories.

Toby (dryly): And you want me to get you some. Don’t you have servants to do that?

Nymblie (sighs): I realize His Majesty has better things to do than acquire inventory for a miserable designer, but most goblins think pots and pans are examples of couture. I’m dying of fashion starvation, Your Highness.

Toby (sighs, shaking his head): Okay, okay. I’ll see what I can do.

Nymblie: I’m looking for two things specifically: a piece that reflects your youth and a brooch that evokes the shimmering of a lake.

Toby (sarcastically): Yeah, that’s very specific. I’ll get right to it.

To find the brooch that evokes the shimmering of a lake, you must find Drumlin, Mizumi’s obese daughter. She is near the water fountain in the center of the Plaza in Goblin City, which is straight south of the castle entrance, past the open stadium. The fountain seems nearly dry as Drumlin is draining it just by touching the pool with her hand, for she is like a sponge. Approach her and a cinema starts.

Cinema:

Positive Conversation:
Drumlin (smirks, glancing at Toby): How’s the royal stuff treatin’ ya, Yer Highness?

Toby (nods, shrugging): I’m getting a chance to learn the ropes.

Drumlin (chuckles, standing straight as the last drop of water is absorbed): Wouldn’t say that kind of thing around here. Goblins got a nasty preference for stupid puns.

Toby (laughs): Yeah, I’ve noticed. *thoughtfully* You’re from a water kingdom, right? Would you happen to know of a brooch that evokes the shimmering of a lake?

Drumlin (licks her lips, in a disgusted tone): You make it sound like we’re merpeople or somethin’. Why do you want a brooch? Seems kinda frilly for a kid like you.

Toby (smirks): I’m learning the Goblin King requires a very … unique … sense of style. Still, if your mother and I are to work together, I think exchanging some symbolic accessories might provide good public relations.

Drumlin: To be kinda frank, Yer Majesty … the goblin sense of style leaves much to be desired. The Kingdom of Moraine is known for its elegance and beauty.

Toby (nods humbly): All the more reason to combine our talents, wouldn’t you agree?

Drumlin (thoughtfully): I’m sure Mum would agree. *reaches in a back pocket and drags out a small fish-shaped brooch, encrusted with sparkling diamonds* Here you go.

Toby (takes it, bowing slightly): Thanks, Drumlin. This will be a big – hey, there’s writing on the back: “When hope seems lost to darkness, seek an ally in the light.” *glances at Drumlin* Take care, Drumlin.

Drumlin (nods once, calmly): Just don’t forget to meet Mum atop the Goblin Castle at sunset. *pushes past Toby and leaves toward the castle*

Character influence: You will be highly resistant to water attacks, as though Drumlin has shared her absorbing powers with you.
Scenery influence: Wooden platforms in the castle’s upper floors will break half as quickly

Negative Conversation:
Drumlin (smirks, glancing at Toby): How’s the royal stuff treatin’ ya, Yer Highness?

Toby (shakes head): Reading high school textbooks was more stimulating.

Drumlin (chuckles, standing as the last drop of water is absorbed): Goblins are a bunch of petty, repulsive, little things. Yer right to be resentful.

Toby (sighs): Whatever. I’m looking for a brooch. Got one on you?

Drumlin (frowns): Seems awful peculiar. Then again, the Goblin King was never big on fashion sense. Never understood why women worship him … or his pants.

Toby (frowns, crossing his arms): I guess the idea is to make it look like the two kingdoms are getting along. Stupid, huh?

Drumlin: To be kinda frank, Yer Majesty … you got a lot to learn about diplomacy.

Toby (rolls eyes and starts to turn around): If that’s all the help you’re going to be, you and your family can just leave.

Drumlin (chuckles): I’m sure Mum would agree you take far too many things for granted. Still … *tosses him a fish-shaped brooch, encrusted with diamonds* … a present. Maybe you’ll squeeze some manners out of it. Ain’t no use to me.

Toby (catches it, smirking): I got what I wanted anyway, right? *reads the back* “When hope seems lost to darkness, seek an ally in the light.” Pffbt. Whatever.

Drumlin (smirks, irritated): Just don’t forget to meet Mum atop the Goblin Castle at sunset. She’ll teach ya everything you need. *chuckles* But I guess even she can’t fix your brain. *pushes past Toby and leaves toward the castle*

Character influence: Your health will decrease immediately by 25% as though she absorbed moisture from your body.
Scenery influence: Wooden platforms in the castle’s upper floors will break twice as quickly.

End cinema.

Now that you have the brooch, it’s time to find something from your youth. From the Plaza, head west until you reach the Museum of Toby. Enter the building. There are two wings. The west wing on your right from the northern or top entrance is filled with exhibits such as a football jersey, a boy’s ten-speed bike, some action figures in a homemade-looking diorama, and a statue of Teen Toby at the very end, which looks like a hideous papier-mâché version of Toby with shaggy hair and a zombie-like expression, dressed in large red-and-white-striped pajamas. The east wing on your left from the entrance seems to go back in time the further you go. There is a small girl’s bike, some big plastic cars, some building blocks, a shelf upon which is a brown teddy bear with only one button eye, and at the farthest end is a larger-than-life version of the throne room, with Jareth cheerfully holding a baby Toby in his arms as mechanized goblins jump up and down to the instrumental tunes of Dance Magic. The mechanisms allowing the goblins to jump spark and creak as though it was just thrown together recently.

As Toby approaches the teddy bear, a cinema begins.

Cinema:

Toby (grabs the teddy bear off the self, in a surprised tone): Lancelot? I haven’t seen you in years!

Male voice (high and screechy, reminding one of Chamberlain of Dark Crystal fame): Ahem.

The camera turns to reveal a very tall, lanky goblin in a black tuxedo. Imagine his face as like Count von Count’s, but far more sinister with large shiny bared teeth and narrow black-rimmed spectacles and a pale green complexion. It is Maelgrot from Spittledrum’s missions.

Maelgrot: Have I introduced myself? I am Professor Maelgrot. This is my museum. *suddenly seems surprised* You wouldn’t happen to be the Toby Williams, would you? Yes, you are! *drapes an arm around Toby’s shoulders* Come, Your Highness, for I must show you the prize of my collection. *takes Toby to the Toby statue with a proud yet creepy expression*

Toby (shocked): It’s hideous!

Maelgrot (clicks his tongue in fake disappointment): I realize it’s been stressful the past few days. I believe, however, the word you are looking for is “magnificent”. It is made from your shed skin, your shed hair, your shed toenails – it is you! *sighs* I wish you were a reptile though. Humans shed such tiny pieces. *casually takes a hand saw from a short servant who just happened to appear next to him* Of course, I intend to remedy that with … fresh … materials.

A mallet swings from offscreen, smacking Maelgrot in the head and sending him to the floor unconscious, with little sparkly stars floating around his head. The camera zooms out to reveal a worried Moppet, holding the mallet.

Toby (unnerved): Uh, thanks.

Moppet (smiles softly): Don’t thank me yet. He’ll wake up soon. You don’t belong here.

Toby (as they walk away from the west wing): I used to hear all about magical adventures from my sister. When she went to college, she gave me all her old storybooks. I even memorized all the possible outcomes of her choose-your-own adventure stories.

Moppet (quietly, in awe): You must be very wise.

Toby: I liked to imagine that my life was like those stories, where I got to pick which ending I got. Did I get to go to the prom? Did I become a star athlete? Did I end up homeless in some box somewhere?

Moppet (looks away sadly): I see.

Toby (reaching the mock throne room): Still, I wonder if the ending of my life story was ever mine to choose. *looks up at the smiling Jareth and laughing Toby statues*

Shuffling footsteps can be heard. The camera follows a shocked Moppet’s gaze as the Wiseman and his bird hat appear in the mock throne room.

Wiseman: Sometimes in order to turn over a new leaf, one must let the leaves turn.

Moppet (bows slightly): The Wiseman.

Bird hat (incredulously): What am I, chopped liver?

Wiseman (shuffles closer to Toby): So, you are to be our new king?

Toby (embarrassed): To be honest, I don’t know if it’s what I want, really.

Wiseman: You don’t always get what you want. Sometimes … you … you ….

Bird hat (impatiently): You get what you need!

Wiseman (growls at his hat)

Bird hat: I was gathering moss waiting for you to finish up!

Wiseman (taps Toby on the shoulder): You get … what … you need.

Bird hat: Hmph!

Toby (looks down): He’s right. *glances at Moppet* Maybe you’re right. Whether I belong here or not – I need to take responsibility for once. *grits his teeth in determination* I am going to be king. *bows to the Wiseman* Thanks for helping me out. *points at the hat* Want me to get rid of that thing for you?

Bird hat (flutters his wings, offended): Wh-wh-what? What’s this, then? How dare you!

Wiseman (smiles, chuckling softly): I find … two heads … are sometimes … better than one, Young Prince. *holds out a small wooden box with a handle and shakes it slightly*

Bird hat: Ugh. Su donacion, por favor.

Moppet (whispers to Toby): He wants a donation.

Toby (nods, picks the remaining eye off of Lancelot): You need it more than him. *plunks the button into the box*

Wiseman (shuffles away)

End cinema.

Now that you have Lancelot, a reminder of Toby’s youth, return to Nymblie.

Nymblie (squeals like a girl, hopping up and down as you hand him the items): Oh! How raw! How powerful! What wonders swirl about in my daydreams! *bows* If I require anything else, I shall be certain to turn to you, Your Majesty!

Reward: There are new costumes to buy for several characters at Nymblie’s fashions, each worth 30 gold. Hana’s alternate costume is a thin pink dress, like the fairies wore when Sarah first met Hoggle in the movie. It sparkles. Stank’s alternate costume … okay, his first costume, as he’s normally naked … is just some blue jean overalls. Moppet’s alternate costume is her ballroom gown, but instead of being all white, it is the volume 4 cover art version, where there are white roses along the right side of the dress and a small sea-green short sleeved jacket with elastic around the edges of the poofy jacket sleeves. She also wears a white instead of a red goblin mask. Both the dress and the mask have watery-like wisps along each side. Skub’s alternate costume is a clean green long sleeved shirt, black slacks and elf-like shoes, and a long sleeveless yellow-green coat. Once you buy them, they will wear them for the rest of the game.

TO BE CONTINUED ….

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey. *Approves greatly of thish. If you need inspiration for mor missions, my PM's always open for vous.