1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Return to the Magic (Fraggle Fanfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by christyb, Feb 15, 2005.

1. christyb

christyb New Member

A very short but important....

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter Fourteen[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] They had only gone a short ways and already an argument had started. Just like old times Red and Gobo couldn’t agree on which way to go. Red stood on one side of the fork stamping her foot and insisting that they should go left. On the other side stood Gobo with his map in hand. He knew that they should go the other direction. According to his map the direction that Red wanted to go was nothing but a dead end tunnel. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Gobo it’s obvious that she would not go down that way. We should look down here,” Red crossed her arms and glared.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “But, Red according to the map that is nothing but a dead end cave. It leads to nowhere,” Gobo leaned over and attempted to show Red.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Red shoved away the map and looked at Gobo, “You and your maps. Why can’t you just do something on impulse? I’m looking down this tunnel you can join me if you want.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Wait, Red. You heard what Cantus said. That could be the Cavern of No Return, we are traveling in that direction you know,” Gobo stopped Red and she turned back.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Oh, don’t be such a worryGorg, and it could be nothing but that old story Providence.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “ Look at who’s been telling too many bedtime stories. C’mon Red the Cave of Fate?”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Yeah just think of it Gobo. A spot to where even the stubbornest of fraggles cannot resist what is supposed to be.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Speaking of stubborn.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “What??!!”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Uh huh, and where everything plays with your head and eventually you reveal your deepest thoughts; things that even you yourself may not even know about yourself. You know what? Having a kid has really messed up your head.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “My head’s messed up? Yours has been off ever since your crazy Uncle Matt went into outer space.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Now you leave my Uncle Matt outta this. What’s important right now is finding Tosh, and I say we go this way,” Gobo finishes and begins to walk down the right passageway.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “No, we’re going this way!” Red ran over, took Gobo’s map, and tossed it down the tunnel leading to the left. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] It was immediately taken down by a slight gust of wind. Gobo just shrugged it off as coincidence and headed down the tunnel after the map. Red bounced along beside her huffed up companion very satisfied. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Meanwhile, the third member of their party smiled cunningly. It was amazing how things were panning out. Just think of it. Two fraggles, all alone and very superstitious it’s job couldn’t be easier. Smiling the shadow slipped quietly ahead of the two still arguing fraggles. It might as well have a little fun along the way. [/font]
  2. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Oh the suspense! Keep it up Christy, you're doing a great job! I missed the updates while you were on Spring Break! Can't wait for the next chapter!
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Keep up the great job. LOOOOOOOVVEN IT!
  4. christyb

christyb New Member

Chapter Fifteen

The two had been walking around in circles for hours and hours on end. Neither fraggle wanted to admit that they were lost. Red bounced on ahead acting like she always knew this was the way to go. Gobo tried his hardest to look confident and mad at Red for forcing them to come this way.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Red sat down to rest herself for a while. It seemed as if they had been walking for days. She glared at Gobo behind his back. It was his fault they went left. After all it was his job to stop her. She was wrong and knew it. However, she would never admit it to Gobo. In looking down something shiny caught her eye in the tiny stream that was at her feet. She reached down and picked up the pebble. It was all colors and sparkled no matter which way you turned it. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Gobo sat down in front of Red and watched her inspect the pebble. He couldn’t believe the trick she pulled to get him to come this way. Look at them now. He didn’t want to say it, but they were lost. He had no idea of where they were going. No matter which way they turned they always ended back up in this same spot. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Hey, Gobo, there’s something written here! Listen to this: He who holds this stone. Will have an adventure like they have never known. I wonder what that’s supposed to mean?” Red asked.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Gobo takes the rock and inspects it, “Hmmm…It just looks like something that someone wrote on there. See it’s trying to come off when I rub it. I think.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Either way, I’m gonna hang on to it. It may be good luck. Besides I think Sky might like to add it to her collection,” Red took the pebble and stuffed it in her pack. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Just as they finished talking a soft roar could be heard in the distance. There were many creatures that lived in the Rock. Stories told of some that were not friendly, and some were even rumored to eat fraggles. The roar grew louder and footsteps joined in growing closer and closer with every step.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “G…G…Gobo, please tell me that was your stomach,” Red pleaded.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “I was about to ask you the same thing,” Gobo replied looking worried. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Well, all I know is that I don’t want to be around when it gets here. Let’s run for it!”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “For once, we have the same idea. Let’s go into that cave over there!” Gobo exclaimed as he took Red’s hand and began running for cover.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Both fraggles were safely hidden by the cave just in time for the monster to appear. It was enormous compared to them and hideous from what they could see. It was dark and shadowy, almost see-through. It had a small head with two eyes that seemed to glow like the pupils were small flames. These were eyes that could hypnotize it’s prey in a matter of seconds. All down it’s long body were spikes and it crouched down onto four legs. The creature ended with a long serpentine tail that it used to whip around and clear the way in front of it. Red and Gobo stared in amazement and horror at the thing.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “That’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen before in my life,” Gobo whispered.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “What do you suppose it is?” Red asked in return.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Unfortunately they had given their selves away. The monstrosity had heard them and began whipping its head about looking for them. It began making a low whistling noise from its mouth as it searched. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Fairly soon, it made eye contact with Red. In seconds she was spellbound and began heading straight toward the beckoning smirking monster. On one hand she had every bit of control over herself. However, on the other she was under the monster’s will and had to do what it said. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Gobo watch horrified for a moment and then frantically began trying to stop Red. He tried everything. First, he knocked her down, but that was no use. Then he tried pulling on her tail. After that he even grabbed her and tried to pull her back. Nothing worked. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Red! No! Stop! Don’t go towards him,” Gobo pleaded.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Red opened her mouth as to speak, but all that came out was the very same low whistle that was coming from the monster. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Wait that’s it! I’ve gotta break the monster’s concentration. It’s my only chance. Hang on Red! I can’t lose you. I don’t care what happens to me,” Gobo realized.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Gobo let go of Red and began to charge straight to the monster. After making eye contact with it, Red came outta her trance. Faster and faster Gobo headed toward the thing. Seconds dragged on as if they were minutes or even hours. Red finally realized what had happened.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Gobo, NO!” Red screamed.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Then Gobo and the monster collided. In a flash of bright light the monster disappeared as mysteriously as it had came. It looked like his deed had been done. For there on the floor lied Gobo. He was unconscious but still breathing. Red rushed over and picked Gobo up into her arms. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “No, no. Don’t die on me Gobo. You can’t die on me,” Red began crying and pleading softly, “ He was just trying to save me…me. C’mon Gobo. I never even got to tell you how much I…”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Red was interrupted by moans and Gobo’s eyes fluttered open.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Gobo! You’re all right!” Red exclaimed joyfully.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Of course I am. It was an illusion. I ran into the wall see?” Gobo moaned again and pointed to the wall in front of them. It had some broken rock where Gobo had run into it. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “An…An illusion? You mean it wasn’t even there?” Red stared in amazement and asked.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Yeah, or at least. I think it was one.” [/font]
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Good stuff. So, how are the FraggleRockers handling the story's progression?
  6. christyb

christyb New Member

Impatiently, I just posted chapter 15 and they already want the next :). Seriously though, all in all I've gotten some good reviews. A couple of complaints about getting outta character and being a little dark have been made. But actually they accept it pretty well. I'm on the edge of my seat though. We're reaching the end (chapter 20) and I'm anxious to see what everyone thinks of the whole thing in it's entireity.
  7. redBoobergurl

Christy, this story is so awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing how it wraps up, but sad it's almost over! I look forward to reading your updates everyday!
  8. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I'm loving it! YEEEEEEEHAWWWWWW!! GIDDI' UP SPROCKET!!
  9. christyb

christyb New Member

Chapter Sixteen:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Now in another part of the Rock, a flustered Amy was trying to maintain order. She was not doing a very successful job. With four rambunctious kids and their parents gone she was ready to pull her hair out. She felt great sympathy for Wembley who had to deal with half of this everyday. It was no wonder that Wembley kept his cave in such a mess. The twins alone caused chaos every minute they were awake. Those two were everywhere at once. Thank goodness all four fraglets were taking a nap now, and she could have a break.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Amy walked around the cave and tried to create some sort of order. She picked up toys, paints, and everything that was strewn and attempted to find a spot for it. Pretty soon the room looked more of less normal depending on your definition of the word. It had been a long time since the search party had left.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] After a few moments she crossed over to the entrance and peered out. Something was seriously wrong she could feel it. According to the plan they should have been back hours ago. However, she had no sign of any of them returning nor a message saying that they would be late. Either there was no sign of the missing fraggle and they were all still searching or they were all lost withing all the many twists and turns of Fraggle Rock. Fairly soon she got an idea. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Crossing back across the room she began searching. Amy opened drawer after drawer. She knew Gobo was the one who had all the maps but surely Wembley had one around here someplace. After rummaging and re-creating a mess Amy finally found an old piece of paper. She opened it and to her surprise found an old map of Fraggle Rock. It was faded and hard to read, but it would do. All she needed it for was to give her some sort of idea which way they would be going.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] She rolled up the map and proceeded to wake the others. Amy gently shook each fraglet in turn and called their name. Sky finally looked up groggily and sat up. Gabs just twitched her tail, moaned, and rolled over ignoring Amy completely. Kinu and Mopu were up in a flash and ready to go already hyper after two seconds of being awake. The two bundles of energy walked over to Gabs and began tickling her until she cried “Gorg” and agreed to wake up. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “What’s the big deal? I thought you said it was bedtime?” Gabs asked yawning.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “I know, but you’re parents were supposed to be back by now. I’m getting a little worried,” Amy answered.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Don’t worry, then. They’ll be back sooner or later,” Sky said and attempted to go back to sleep.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “No, listen to me. We’re gonna go look for them. I think they’re in trouble and need our help,” Amy finished.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “But we’re not allowed in the tunnels after bedtime,” Gabs stated.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Well, for once you are because I say so. Now c’mon sleepy heads. Let’s go find them,” Amy replied.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Ad-venture! Wooohoooo. Wait till Dad hears about this!” Kinu and Mopu squealed. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “All right. But if something bad happens to us…don’t come crying to me!” Gabs stated and proceeded with the others.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] They walked out and headed for the Great Hall. Upon entering the Hall, they were meet by an eerie silence. All the other fraggles were off in bed, and they were the only ones up. Gabs walked closer to Amy; she was creeped out by the stillness of it all. Kinu and Mopu just rejoiced in the fact that now when they said anything their voices would echo back to them.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Sky stopped and looked around, “So which way do we go? There are so many different tunnels to take.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “I don’t know. Last I heard they were all splitting up and going in different directions,” Amy said and began consulting the map which had faded with age, “Man, I wish this thing was easier to read.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “I know why don’t we just pick one at random?” Mopu suggested.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “That’s a really dumb idea,” Kinu answered.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Do you have a better idea?” Mopu asked and tackled Kinu before he could say anything.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] As the two went rolling across the floor wrestling Gabs said, “Why don’t we just follow that?”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Gabs had seen a shadow sneaking in the distance. It didn’t know that it had been spotted, but quickly darted off down the tunnel toward the right. Amy stared in horror and knew instantly what it was. As dangerous as it seemed, following the shadow was the only way to go. Even though Amy didn’t know its purpose, she had a hunch that it was heading toward at least one group of the fraggle search party.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Shhhh! Be quiet it may hear you. Follow me,” Amy ordered and began creeping toward the general direction that the shadow had gone.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Where did it go?” Kinu asked when they reached the tunnel entrance.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “I’m not quite sure. But I think I know who has been down this way,” Amy said as she kneeled down to inspect a rock. Snagged underneath it was a red scarf. Sky tugged at it and got it free.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “But this is only half. Where’s the other half of the scarf?” Sky asked.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “I don’t like this. Not one bit. Guys we need to go this way,” Amy answered and noticed a frozen Gabs, “Gabs, are you okay?”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Gabs couldn’t say anything at first. She was scared to death. It was her father’s scarf she knew it. She’d know it anywhere. Finally, she found her voice and said one thing.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Daaaaaaddddddeeeeeee!!!!!”[/font]
  10. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

:eek: Boober...? (Yeah, I'm a sucker for fanfics. Love to watch fans try & keep the magic alive.)
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Uh oh Boober? (Poor Boober) :eek:
  12. christyb

christyb New Member

Guys you're forgetting. The fraggle five and Cantus have all been targeted by the shadow. That scarf was not in the tunnel Boober went into. So...(add 2 and 2) it was put there on purpose. And I've said too much. ;).
  13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oooh. *shivers*
  14. The Count

Thanks for confirming my hunch Christy, knew that scarf was just a red herring.
    But I'm paying attention to the immediate perils for Amy and the Fragglets.
  15. christyb

christyb New Member

Chapter 17...short,sweet,climax coming....

Are we there yet? My feet are killing me,” Kinu whined.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“No, we’re not there yet. We haven’t found the others. Here jump on my back. I’ll carry you a short ways,” Amy said while Kinu hopped onto her back and rested his head.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Man it seems like we’ve been walking forever,” Sky remarked and paused to sit down and rub her aching feet..[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I know. It should be light out now. Shouldn’t it?” Gabs asked with the half of a scarf hanging around her neck.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I haven’t been in Fraggle Rock long, but I’d have to agree with you. We should be able to see without this torch by now. Hopefully it’ll get light soon. This makeshift torch of ours is starting to get low,” Amy said and adjusted a sleeping Kinu. She paused to let the other fraglets have a moment to rest.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“It will don’t worry,” Mopu remarked and noticed a light in the distance, “Hey, what’s that?”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Amy stopped and looked off. There seemed to be a faint dim light in the darkness ahead of them. The light seemed tiny and faint. It also seemed like there was someone or something standing in front of it. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Instantly the fraglets began to get excited. All the fraglets that were awake wanted to go towards it. Amy was apprehensive though. They didn’t know what was down there. She may be thinking like Boober, but these kids were her responsibility. All was not well in Fraggle Rock after all. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I don’t get a very good feeling about this. We should turn around and head down a different tunnel,” Amy said.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“No, the scarf was at the entrance to this one. It may be Daddy and Mommy!” Gabs said beginning to get excited.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We gotta try. What if it is them?” Mopu pleaded.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“And what if it isn’t? Listen to me. Your parents didn’t wanna tell you this, but you need to know. Fraggles don’t just ‘disappear’. They’re dying off, to make room for you to live. What if down that tunnel is the reason why some fraggles are disappearing,” Amy said solemnly to a serious group of fraggles. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After thinking a while Sky broke the silence, “All the more reason that we should go down there. Now come on and stop being such a worrywart.”
    Amy chuckled softly and stood back up, “All right. If you all feel that way then. But we stick together no matter what. No wondering off.”
    [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Just as Gabs was about to rush off ahead the torch went out. It was completely dark with the exception of the light in the distance. The decision to make became clear very quickly. Making sure everyone was holding hands, they made their way towards the light. Towards the end of the tunnel and the figure[/font]
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*tenses up with excitment*
  17. redBoobergurl

Ahhhh! Cliffhanger! Want more! Just kidding, but wow, what a climax. I'm on pins and needles here waiting to see what happens next! Great job Christy!
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Sitting up in the boxseats.....

More more more more!!! Keep it coming.
  19. The Count

Statler: Say, where were you when the lights went out?
    Waldorf: In the dark!
    Both: Ho-ho-ho.
  20. christyb

christyb New Member

Chapter 18 Part A;I'm toying with your emotions...

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A disappointment met them at the end. The cave was empty. There was nothing in it. At least they could see now. Each one of them spread out and went to each of the openings that sprawled out from the center hub that they were in. They called in turn names of the participants in the search party to no avail. No one answered their call. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Now what? There’s no one here,” [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gabs pointed out. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“That’s odd. I know I saw someone down here, but where did they go? Surely we would’ve saw them no matter which way they went,” Amy remarked. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“What I wanna know is where our parents are? It’s not like my Mom to go off without saying something. Then again, it’s just like her,” Sky huffed and put her hands on her hips.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Were wondering what you’re doing here and not in bed like you should be!” Red exclaimed.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Mommy! You’re okay!” Sky squealed.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Behind Red were the other fraggles. Each of their paths had led to the exact same spot. Each fraglet rejoiced and ran toward their respective parents. Everyone hugged and reassured the other that they were indeed just fine, or in the case of Kinu and Mopu that consisted of climbing on top of their father and falling in a laughing heap. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After the brief reunion Amy explained what they were doing. They also showed Boober the scarf segment that they had found. Much to their surprise Boober’s scarf was whole. The search party sadly admitted that they had found no sign of Tosh either.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The only obvious fact was that something fishy was going on. According to every map and Gobo’s extensive knowledge of Fraggle Rock, they should not have wound up in the same cave. However, they should’ve all ended in opposite directions from one another. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I’m sorry I brought the fraglets guys. I was worried about you and didn’t know what else to do,” Amy apologized.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We understand. And thank you. We may not have needed your help this time, but you did what any friend would do,” Mokey said and gave Gabs yet another hug.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Thanks for understanding Mokey,” Amy replied and smiled in appreciation at her friend.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sky looked up shocked. She heard music coming from one of the tunnels. After doing a quick check she decided she was just hearing things. However, once again soft music began playing. Once again Sky looked up and her eyes were immediately drawn to the northernmost tunnel.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Her eyes met a strange shadowy figure in the distance. Immediately she felt drawn to it. She quietly looked at the others who were still talking. They still haven’t noticed a thing. After making sure that no one noticed she slipped off toward the sound.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Dad, can I go with Sky? Pleeeaaasssseee can I?” Kinu pleaded.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“No you can’t go with…..Sky! Where are you going?” Wembley asked.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I heard something,” Sky paused and answered. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Well, get back here. We’re all going home,” Red demanded. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Yes, Mom,” Sky answered and attempted to turn around. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Her feet had other ideas though. The shadow stepped closer to the light and now the others could make out it‘s shape. Everyone hushed instantly and hid the other children. Who in turn tried to peek from behind their parents’ backs.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Instantly Amy recognized the figure. It was the same one that stood on the other end of the Gorg’s garden. The one that Meggie was so afraid of. The thing that kept trying to “grab her and take her away”. Somehow she had to break the concentration, or Sky would be history.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“No! You’re not taking her!” Amy screamed at the top of her lungs.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This did the trick. The shadow took it’s gaze from Sky and looked directly into Amy’s. An amazing battle for control took place in a matter of moments. It took everything Amy had to not give in to the hypnotic powers of that steady, yet hidden gaze. Both were determined to win however.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The shadow took a step forward into the light and said one thing, quietly yet firmly, “I beg your pardon?”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A collective gasp of shock followed and Amy whispered in a voice that was barely audible voice, “It’s me.”[/font]