Return to the Magic (Fraggle Fanfic)

christyb

Reaction score
Sorry to let you guys get behind in this. Anyways for those of you reading this Here's chapter eleven and twelve.

Chapter Eleven:

“Eeeny, Meeny, Miney Mo. Catch a Gorg By his toe,” Gobo started counting off.

“Catch a Gorg by it’s toe?? That doesn’t make any sense,” Red interrupted.

“ Hush, Red or I’ll never get done. If he hollers make him pay.”

“ Make him pay?? What would he give us headaches??” Red said laughing.

Gobo decides to ignore Red and finish, “By taking all his radishes a…way.”

Gobo looked up at Red and rolled his eyes. How on earth could he get stuck with her? The others paired off and got their backpacks that were filled with supplies on. After adjusting his own pack he asked, “So everyone has their search buddy? How about locations? Everyone know where they’re supposed to go and when to meet back up?”

“Yes, me and Mokey are to travel and look down near Yellow Cavern. At least Yellow Cavern is relatively safe” Boober said.

“Wembley and I are going down to Rolling Ravine to search. And we’re to meet back here by the time it’s bedtime for the fraglets. We can’t forget poor Amy who so kindly volunteered to fraggle-sit.” Cantus reviewed.

“Alright, that leaves Red and I to explore the Center of the Rock.” Gobo finished off.

“You forgot. You and Red are going. You are also g..going to the T..Tunnel of F..Forgetfulness. Be careful or what happened the last time one of us was there will happen again.” Boober said and began tying knots in his tail.

“Now don’t do that honey. Remember the trouble we had getting the last one out.” Mokey said and tried to stop Boober.

“I know. But desperate times call for pain. This will give us luck and prevent us from disappearing,” Boober said while tying yet another knot.

Mokey shakes her head and gives up. Red is growing impatient and yells out a little too loudly, “We know, we know. Let’s get going!”

A male fraggle stood alone on the other side of the Great Hall in shock. He couldn’t believe that his best friend was gone. A cry from the squirming toddler in his arms brought him back to reality. He quickly hushed the little one and crossed the hall and approached the search party.

“I…I can’t thank you guys enough. I’d go and look for Tosh myself, but I need to stay with the baby.” Montie a dark blue fraggle said.

“Hey, that’s what friends are for to help you when you are in need, right Gobo?” Wembley said.

“That’s right. Don’t worry Montie we’ll find her. Tosh isn’t gone for good. C’mon guys let’s get going.” Gobo exclaimed.

“Remember, no one go in the Cave of No Return. We don’t want anyone else to disappear.” Cantus gave one last warning.

Each pair of friends turned off and went their separate ways. All hoping to find a friend that deep down they knew was gone forever. Just before they were out of hearing range they heard Montie’s voice call out,

“Goodbye, Good luck. And Be careful!!”

Chapter Twelve

Mokey and Boober trekked toward the direction of Yellow Cavern. Each caught up in their own thoughts. Mokey couldn’t help but think of the things she forgot to tell Gabs to do. She walked about almost with a skip in her step and her tail bouncing gently behind. As she viewed the scenery around here so many memories of her and her friends and the great times that they had had. She made a mental note to write a poem and paint a picture of all her friends when she got back home.

On the other hand Boober looked frightfully around him. He looked about himself warily. His step was slower than Mokey’s with his tail weighed down by all the knots. This was a foolhardy mission and he knew it. He pulled his tail around and tied a sixth and final knot in it. One knot for everyone in the search parties. Sure he wanted to find Tosh. She was his friend too, but he couldn’t help it and thought of Gabs. He should be home watching his hyper daughter and making sure she didn‘t get herself into any trouble. There was no way a Silly Creature knew how to take care of a fraglet. Even if that Silly Creature was a nice one; there was no replacement for a fraggle parent’s care in his mind. Anything could go wrong. Gabs was gonna get lost again or worse. He just knew it.

“Boober?” Mokey said and interrupted the silence

“Gaaahhh! Oh, it’s just you honeybunch” Boober jumped and picked up his pace to catch up with Mokey.

“Did I startle you?”
“Well just a little.”
“I’m sorry. I was going to say that she doesn’t seem to be in this tunnel. Maybe when we get to Yellow Cavern we should take a side tunnel instead of the main one that goes through the Cavern.”

“Hmmm…That’s an intresting idea. I don’t think we should stray too far from the main tunnel though. We don’t want to get lost.”

“We won’t get lost. Now do you remember anything that Tosh told you about Yellow Cavern? Maybe something she liked about it?”

“Weeellllll…I’m not quite sure. I remember one day we were down here on a picnic. You know before we married, honeybunch. She said something about a shortcut to Crystal Cavern. I said that we shouldn’t take the shortcut because it’s dark and could be dangerous. She was really disappointed and I think we went to Crystal Cavern some other time,” Boober paused and placed his hand on his chin while thinking.

“Maybe just maybe then, we should take that shortcut. Tosh could’ve been wondering around and forgot where she was going!” Mokey jumped and began to get excited. They may find their friend after all.

“I dunno, Mokey. That tunnel is full of tiny holes, twisty turns, and scary dips. We could get lost easily. And we don’t even have a map.”

“But, Tosh could be down there! We have to try Boober. If we search that tunnel, I’ll make your favorite dish.”

“Cooking’s my job,” Boober crossed his arms and huffed.

“I know. But you’re always saying how you wanted time to teach Gabs how to properly wash a sock,” Mokey stopped and pointed out.
“Yes, I guess you’re right,” Boober reluctantly agreed

“Well, Then?”

“ Oh alright. But if we get lost it’s not my fault ok?”
“Of course not, honey,” Mokey said and gave her worried husband a quick kiss on the cheek.

By this time Mokey and Boober had reached Yellow Cavern. They immediately turned and headed for the well known shortcut. Before entering the dark tunnel, Mokey grabbed a stick beside the entrance and lit it for a torch. With the little bit of light they had they headed down the small tunnel way.

Unbeknownst to both of them a figure could be barely made out in the distance. It had not definite shape or distinct features. Even in the darkness it seemed as if shadows could lurk. This one stood gloating and it was beckoning.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Christy. Man, way to keep us on the edge of our seats or tails or whatever.
Noooooooooooo. Not Mokey.
Oh man, waiting for the next part'll be hard. But it'll be my fave number, 13.

christyb

Reaction score
Well, from here until the end (which is chapter 20 or so) are my favorite scenes. So basically it's chock full of my intrepretation of what happened or should have. But yes I love my cliffhanger endings to chapters. Also I gotta ask is anyone confused?? Over at Fragglerocker I often get questions that ask me to clarify some things. Here I don't get any. So I'm just wondering if you're waiting for me to answer your questions or if you understand.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone else, but for the most part, I understand. If I had any questions, I would be sure to ask you. It's still a really great story! I can't wait to find out what happens next, like Ed I'm on the edge of my seat!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, wonder why'd there be any questions at all though. The only thing I'd like to bring up is... why do you have the Gorgs trying to catch Fraggles? Didn't they give that up when Junior took the crown, and flung it into Outer Space where Doc saw it falling and eventually found it at the park?
Other than that, the story's great and I'm waiting for the next chapter.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I can't wait to find out what happens next, like Beth and Ed I'm on the edge of my seat too! I'm loving it. Keep up the good work.

christyb

Reaction score
The Count said:
Hmmm, wonder why'd there be any questions at all though. The only thing I'd like to bring up is... why do you have the Gorgs trying to catch Fraggles? Didn't they give that up when Junior took the crown, and flung it into Outer Space where Doc saw it falling and eventually found it at the park?
Other than that, the story's great and I'm waiting for the next chapter.
True...But I had to tweak what actually happened a little to bring Meggie in the way I wanted. So in theory that hasn't happened yet. If I were to create this as a lead in into a new fraggle series one of the first episodes would be restating the fact that Junior is now king. I know I hate it when sequels don't follow the story like it should, but everyone has to perform their own pet peeve at some point in time. :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
Not to be posting twice in a row but.....

Here's chapter 13. I'm gonna be bouncing around from group to group from here on in so be patient with me and trust me. It will all make more sense in the end. :smile:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter Thirteen [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Cantus had gone a few feet ahead of Wembley. Wembley saw this as the perfect time. He stopped and sat on a rock. Cantus had also stopped a little ways ahead and was inspecting a patch of moss thoughtfully. After double checking to see if Cantus was watching Wembley reached inside his shirt and pulled out a necklace with a crudely made locket on one end. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] He looked down, opened the locket and sighed. He peered down at the simple drawing of his little Lou. It was hard to believe that today was the anniversary of her disappearance. It seemed to him that she had been gone forever, but he knew that it had not been that long at all. Wembley placed his chin on his hand and let out one more sigh and a few silent tears fall. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] By this time Cantus had seen Wembley and had quietly walked up and sat down beside him. For a few moments both just sat in silence lost in a world all their own. After some time it seemed appropriate that one of them should speak. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “You miss her a lot don’t you, son?” Cantus said quietly.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Oh, Cantus. I’m sorry,” Wembley said and tried to hide the locket, “We should probably get going.”
“For this moment, our search can wait. It’s a cruel fate for any creature to live through,” Cantus said softly and placed a hand on Wembley’s shoulder.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “What’s that?” Wembley looked at Cantus questioningly.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “ Giving your heart to another, but in turn all you do is just lose them.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Oh yeah. But I didn’t lose Lou entirely. I’ve got Kinu and Mopu. I still miss her though. I guess…that’s why I want to help Montie so badly. I don’t want him to have to experience this,” Wembley said and hid the locket back inside his shirt where it could not be seen.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Wembley, that would have to be the noblest reason of them all. Now come along. We must make sure then that Tosh returns to her friends and family safely,” Cantus finished.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Both fraggles stood to their feet, readjusted their packs and started off again. They quickly reached Rolling Ravine. Cantus and Wembley looked high and low for Tosh. All they found was the echoes of their own voices calling out Tosh’s name. Soon it was obvious that she had not been to Rolling Ravine nor was there now. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Cantus took off his pack and retrieved his map from inside. He held it out to where Wembley could see, and both began considering where they could look next. There was still plenty of time left and the more ground and tunnels they could cover the better.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Wembley and Cantus were not the only creatures in Rolling Ravine as it would appear at first. Someone had been silently following close behind. It stayed hidden by walking against the wall and in the shadows. By the time it had caught up the fraggles had decided to follow the Ravine into the tunnel that it created at the end of the cave. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] However, someone else had another idea. Suddenly there was a cave in and rocks and ash flew covering up the entrance to the tunnel. Cantus and Wembley looked at one another and were grateful that they had not went down that way.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Well, now there is only one other way to go without turning back,” Cantus said.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “The other tunnel leads back to the Great Hall to though. It’s just the long way around,” Wembley pointed out.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “Yes, but Tosh may have gone that way. And since the other tunnel caved in we need to look down there.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] “That’s right. Well, lead away Cantus,” Wembley said as Cantus began down the passageway.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] As the two began again their cries of Tosh a figure stepped out of the darkness. If it had a face at all one would see a small malicious smile and an impish glint in it’s eyes. The shadow quietly slipped out of the cave and headed for it’s next destination.[/font]

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Understood. Just post the next chapter when it's ready.