Riddle me this... Underage drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

messyplace

Reaction score
Guess it must be too different over there and over here for either of us to really know then.

Over here people rarely get asked for ID unless it is blatant they are underage...and as I say, you are allowed to drink from the age of 5 if you have an adult with you(obviously no one lets their 5 yr old kid drink but you get the point)...Age limits arent ever going to really stop kids drinking and there's always a way round the system...like I said before I think the key should be educating young people. Don't tell them they can't drink or they shouldnt drink....kids don't like that I find, it just makes some of them want to do it more. Just try and educate them on the problems drinking can cause IF you do it too often.

BEAR

Reaction score
Underage drinking is illegal, and then there is simply driving under the influence which anyone can be arrested for regardless of age.

BEAR

Reaction score
Giving a minor alcohol is illegal too. Many people forget about that. I mean, if I had a party and there were minors there and they were drinking, then I could get in trouble for that. That's why we often had to be very careful in college.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Well Messyplace, I agree with you totaly, no your not going to stop kids from drinking. BUT see, the problem I have is Lindsay Lohan- your average underage drinker doesnt go to bars to get it, they dont go to liquor stores, or buy it anywhere. IF they get it they get it from someone older or the steal it. Now if that same kid were to go out and try to do EXACTLY what Lohan is, they would either be kicked out of where ever they were trying to get some, or get the police called on them. My point is that shes above the law. Shes out in public, everyone knows she does it, heck shes going to rehab for it. And yet, the rules dont apply to her. THATS my problem. But also the people suppling her are not getting in trouble either, maybe she wouldnt even be an alcholic if they would never have given her it in the first place.

messyplace

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
Well Messyplace, I agree with you totaly, no your not going to stop kids from drinking. BUT see, the problem I have is Lindsay Lohan- your average underage drinker doesnt go to bars to get it, they dont go to liquor stores, or buy it anywhere. IF they get it they get it from someone older or the steal it. Now if that same kid were to go out and try to do EXACTLY what Lohan is, they would either be kicked out of where ever they were trying to get some, or get the police called on them. My point is that shes above the law. Shes out in public, everyone knows she does it, heck shes going to rehab for it. And yet, the rules dont apply to her. THATS my problem.
Yeah I see your problem with it, if she isnt being punished then there's clearly something wrong..but I just dont know if anyone can be sure she hasnt been punished....maybe she's been made to go to rehab by people(that's sometimes a punishment over here for people on drugs, if you dont go you get jailed), and been fined in the past but its been covered up rather than her getting away with it completely.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
messyplace said:
Yeah I see your problem with it, if she isnt being punished then there's clearly something wrong..but I just dont know if anyone can be sure she hasnt been punished....maybe she's been made to go to rehab by people(that's sometimes a punishment over here for people on drugs, if you dont go you get jailed), and been fined in the past but its been covered up rather than her getting away with it completely.

Maybe.... I sure hope so

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*sigh* I HATE this subject. But I feel VERY strongly about it. I recently discovered that my two best friends in the world drink. Often. And I was livid, I told them both, straight up, that they have got to stop. And I think I may have gotten through to them, I'm not sure. I really, really hope I did.

I just see NO point to drink if you're too young. There's NO reason. That's my firm belief, and I stand by it.

messyplace

Reaction score
Just to point out by the way...I wasnt looking for any arguments in this thread. Just getting my ideas across

As I usually get accused of it at some point.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
messyplace said:
Just to point out by the way...I wasnt looking for any arguments in this thread. Just getting my ideas across

As I usually get accused of it at some point.
no I never thought you were, I like it when someone will have a good conversation with me like this. Explore points and such, nothing wrong with it. I dont think anyone is fighting.

messyplace

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
no I never thought you were, I like it when someone will have a good conversation with me like this. Explore points and such, nothing wrong with it. I dont think anyone is fighting.
Sound...good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.