Robert Zemeckis 'Buzzing' about a second Roger Rabbit Movie

Count von Count

Reaction score
I would LOVE to see a new Roger Rabbit movie by Robert Zemeckis!
Roger Rabbit is one of the best cartoon/live action movie I have ever seen.
It is just so good in every way, a 2nd movie would be Great

muppets2

Reaction score
yea they used all of wb and disney's charcthers i espcially like daffy and donald battleing on the piano

i would go see it

Fluffets

Reaction score
yea they used all of wb and disney's charcthers i espcially like daffy and donald battleing on the piano

i would go see it
Yeah there's a bit of fuss over what donald said, some people thought he says "Incompatant nitwit!" while others say, erm... "Incompatant Ni****!" I hate to have to quote it:embarrassed: but it is slightly interesting bwcause it makes sense, sicne donald's feathers are pale and daffy's are darker black, if Donald was being racist its not entirely surprising, after all I saw an old propaganda cartoon on youtube where Donald was a nazi!:eek: but thankfully it was a dream he had, and at the end there's a cheesy "Thank god I live in america!" ending. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah there's a bit of fuss over what donald said, some people thought he says "Incompatant nitwit!" while others say, erm... "Incompatant Ni****!"

Ugh... that stuff makes me so annoyed. Those stupid little rumors they make to pollute Disney movies with themes that just aren't there... trust me. Animators do think about adult things because they are adults... they just have the sense to hide it more carefully.

HOWEVER... did you know the word "Toon" is actually meant as a slur of sorts the humans call the cartoon characters? That's sub-context that's heavily veiled.

if Donald was being racist its not entirely surprising, after all I saw an old propaganda cartoon on youtube where Donald was a nazi!:eek: but thankfully it was a dream he had, and at the end there's a cheesy "Thank god I live in america!" ending. :rolleyes:

I remember an old cartoon where Donald Duck says, and I quote "I might as well be in an Concentration Camp." I'm guessing it was an offensive phrase Americans said at the time... but that's what you get when you actually listen closely to Donald's speech... it CAN be done with enough practice.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Wow, really? There's also a Nazi short he's in, but I can't bring myself to look for it and watch it. Or is the concentration camp thing from the same short?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
1942's "Der Fuehrer's Face" featured Donald Duck wearing a Nazi uniform (at one point he even resembled Hitler); however it was all a bad dream for Donald. He wakes up in patriotic pajamas at the end.

This was a propaganda film shown during war time. The humor was directed at making fun of Nazis. The atrociousness that occurred in WWII is now widely known (except by Mel Gibson's family) and some of the piece is insensitive in that light. Nonetheless it has some of the most humorous gags I've ever seen in a Disney film. It is featured in one of the Chronological Donald DVD sets. Check out this historical Anti-Nazi wartime art piece if you can.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This was a propaganda film shown during war time. The humor was directed at making fun of Nazis. The atrociousness that occurred in WWII is now widely known (except by Mel Gibson's family) and some of the piece is insensitive in that light.
Dude... you do NOT know how much that made me laugh right there... nice one! :big_grin:

ferrell

Reaction score
yes,now they could put some Hanna Barbara characters in the movie as well..