Robert Zemeckis 'Buzzing' about a second Roger Rabbit Movie

JJandJanice

Reaction score
No I meant which one is which?:confused:
The 1980's cartoon titled "The Real Ghostbusters" is the one that picks up where the movie left off and features all four Ghostbusters with Slimer.

"Extreme Ghostbusters" featured Egon as a teacter to new students learning to become Ghostbusters and the other three Ghostbusters (Ray, Peter, and Winston) weren't seen til the last episodes. The show was made in 1997.

As DrTooth stated this is off topic since this thread is supposed to be about Roger Rabbit, but I also just wanted to mention that their is yet another cartoon titled simply "Ghostbusters" by Filmation which feature a talking ape. That's why the cartoon that featured the very popular Smiler had the "Real" added to their name. This show might be adding to your confusion over which ghostbuster cartoon is which.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And indeed they were planned to be include, but due to copyright issues, they didn't get their cameo in the movie. Tom and Jerry were among a few cartoons that were suppose to have a cameo in the movie, but due to copyright or trademark issues didn't get to been seen with the other toons. Along with Tom and Jerry, this list also includes Superman, Casper the friendly ghost, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Popeye, and Felix the Cat (though Felix can be seen beifly in the flim in a picture where he's shaking hands with R.K. Moroon and he's face is used at the entrance to Toontown, but as a speaking and interacting character he never got the chance), bummer isn't it?
Tom and Jerry weren't going to be in it due to copyrights... but I wonder how they were able to get Droopy, since they were technically owned by the same company at the time.

Popeye and Bluto were supposed to be the pall bearers for R. K. Maroon's funeral, by the way.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Popeye and Bluto were supposed to be the pall bearers for R. K. Maroon's funeral, by the way.
I'm trying to picture such a scene but everything comes out looking awkward (Popeye and Bluto fighting then dropping the casket, or them holding it with one hand each until Olive walks by and they drop it, etc.) :stick_out_tongue:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Tom and Jerry weren't going to be in it due to copyrights... but I wonder how they were able to get Droopy, since they were technically owned by the same company at the time.

Well I probably shouldn't have said all those toons won't in the movie due to copyright issues, that's the reason for most toons not being in the film, but I think I few others just got cut for "production limitations" as well.

Even though they got Disney characters a Skeleton dancer from Silly Symphonies's The Skeleton Dance and Ben Ail Gator from Fantasia was cut. As well as Pepe Le Pew even though most of the other Looney Tunes were seen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All and all, I'm glad Superman wasn't in the film. He really would have seemed out of place, as far as I'm concerned. Plus, it would have been such a cheat... he could have faced Judge Doom all by himself, dip or no dip.... unless Doom had Kryptonite...

JJandJanice

Reaction score
All and all, I'm glad Superman wasn't in the film. He really would have seemed out of place, as far as I'm concerned. Plus, it would have been such a cheat... he could have faced Judge Doom all by himself, dip or no dip.... unless Doom had Kryptonite...
It would of been the old 1940s Superman cartoons so he would look too out of place as far as how it would of look had the comic book Superman was with them. He probably won't of had any interaction with Judge Doom.

But than again I can see your point, I guess it would seem a bit silly that Superman would scared of the same thing that can take out Roger Rabbit, :smile:. It also would of looked silly to have Superman signing with the likes of Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny and Woody Woodpecker at the end too.

On the other hand, it was a well known cartoon of the 1940s, so it could of fit, :confused:. I mean when I think about it, he doesn't look too out of place whenever I see those "giant cartoon collection" dvds or whatever that you can get for like five bucks at Wal-Mart.

But oh well, truth be told out of all the cartoons that didn't get their cameos, I think the ones I'm most bummed about are Felix the cat and Casper the friendly ghost, just cause they would of fit in perfectly, :wink:. Maybe if this movie does see the light of day, these toons will finally get their cameo.

Still as I mention it seems hard to believe that they'll be able to get all this companies like Warner Bros and Disney and others to work together again, or rather have their toons share screen time together. It really does seem like the kind of thing that can really only happen once, which it already did.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even a 1940's Superman wouldn't work as far as I figure. If you ever watch those, they were WAAAY ahead of their time, in terms of dramatic cartoons. Heck, Lois Lane, still in a dress, seemed like a front runner to the feminist movement.

I'm sure he would have had a brief cameo, if anything.... and I really couldn't see him acting the same way the other toons acted (like you said, singing, dancing, being cartoonishly afraid of the dip)... I could see him somehow rescuing Eddie from a dangerous fall.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ya Casper and Filix the cat would have been great in the movie! I really loved the way they did Betty Boop, she is such a classic cartoon icon that it would have been very sad if they did not put her in the movie. Popye would have also been a great addition to the movie. He was a great cartoon and many fans love him even to this day.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Warner Bors. own like most of the classic cartoons now? I know they own everything done by Hanna Barbera now what else do they own?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Warner Bors. own like most of the classic cartoons now? I know they own everything done by Hanna Barbera now what else do they own?

From my recollection they own DC comics (which includes EC comics from the 50's), Turner properties (which includes Hanna Barbera) , and their own Looney Tunes... I'm not sure if Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and all of those are co-owned by Amblin... I'm sure they are, since they needed their permission for the DVD releases as I said earlier (making them pricey).... They somehow have the distribution rights for Popeye DVD's, but only the old Fleischer ones (I'm sure Paramount owns the rest) and the 1970's and 80's Hanna Barbera ones.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Even a 1940's Superman wouldn't work as far as I figure. If you ever watch those, they were WAAAY ahead of their time, in terms of dramatic cartoons. Heck, Lois Lane, still in a dress, seemed like a front runner to the feminist movement.

I'm sure he would have had a brief cameo, if anything.... and I really couldn't see him acting the same way the other toons acted (like you said, singing, dancing, being cartoonishly afraid of the dip)... I could see him somehow rescuing Eddie from a dangerous fall.
You know I actually haven't seen those 1940s Superman cartoons since I was a kid, so I can't remember them too well.
But overall I do agree with you Drtooth that Superman would of seemed a bit out of place with the other toons. If Superman did have a cameo like you said it would of been to save Eddie, maybe when Tweety played with his "pitties" and Bugs gave him a tire, :big_grin:. Though that would of taken away from the ugly woman whom wanted Eddie, :insatiable:.

It kind of reminds me of that Imagationland episodes of South Park. Don't know if anyone here watchs South Park, but in the second episode of that when the evil characters were unleased, I couldn't help but laugh cause one of the good guys characters was DC's The Flash and when the bad guys were unleased he ran away all scared, and he didn't even run fast, :smile: .

But back to Roger Rabbit, you know I was thinking if they did set it to more recent times, they could do the movie about Roger Rabbit's comeback, just a thought. But even though I'm the one that started this thread and thinking it would be cool if it did happen, now I'm starting to think their really isn't away it could happen.