Robert Zemeckis 'Buzzing' about a second Roger Rabbit Movie

Drtooth

Reaction score
But Ghostbusters 3 is coming ... as a video game, but that's the best we're getting.
Nope. Ghostbusters the game is NOT Ghostbusters 3. It shouldn't count as GB 3... all I know is that before the video game idea came about, there was to be a CGI animated DTV with the original cast of the first 2 films doing the voice overs... sort of like the H-boy cartoon DVD's that came out in between the 2 movies, or those Watchmen DVD's that just came out. From my understanding, the DTV never made it because none of the cast could agree on mutual terms... so they basically used the same plot as a video game.

If that did count as a real sequel, then Roger Rabbit 2 would technically be this old Amiga game...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I've read articles where Dan Akroyd SAYS that's what you're getting for Ghostbusters 3.

From the references section of Wikipedia (and I read that GameInformer article): "Game Informer, December 2007: 81. Akroyd:"I've seen work on the video game, I've watched it progress, my rap now to people is 'This is essentially the third movie.' "

So, from the horse's own mouth ... accept this as the third installment.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, a third GB movie has been confirmed. Here's a link with some info you might want to check out from a month and a half ago.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/969/969613p1.html
Man, they're REALLY playing tennis with that one... Oh! It's happening... No it's not!... Oh wait it is...
Yeah, the third movie theoretically would/will be like the show "Extreme Ghostbusters," using the concept of the original GB being retired and teaching a new class. I, for one like the idea. Just make sure Egon gets enough screen time.

I always said, if they don't wanna do this, heck with it. Call up Maurice LaMarche, Dave Coulier, Frank Welker, and Arsineo Hall (or whoever the other guy was... come to think of it, what exactly is Arsineo doin' these days?)... make a DTV animated Real Ghostbusters feature.

From the references section of Wikipedia (and I read that GameInformer article): "Game Informer, December 2007: 81. Akroyd:"I've seen work on the video game, I've watched it progress, my rap now to people is 'This is essentially the third movie.' "

So, from the horse's own mouth ... accept this as the third installment.
I always wondered, what does count as a true sequel? A sequel to the actual movie with a follow up movie? Or can it be a comic book, animated series, video game, or series of novels? If it is widely accepted as GB3, like the Nightmare Before Christmas game is accepted as NBC2, then it really does count.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm so tired of the back and forth. Until I see a poster or something really official, I refuse to believe they're actually REALLY making a GB3 this time.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Man, they're REALLY playing tennis with that one... Oh! It's happening... No it's not!... Oh wait it is...
Yeah, the third movie theoretically would/will be like the show "Extreme Ghostbusters," using the concept of the original GB being retired and teaching a new class. I, for one like the idea. Just make sure Egon gets enough screen time.

I always said, if they don't wanna do this, heck with it. Call up Maurice LaMarche, Dave Coulier, Frank Welker, and Arsineo Hall (or whoever the other guy was... come to think of it, what exactly is Arsineo doin' these days?)... make a DTV animated Real Ghostbusters feature.

I always wondered, what does count as a true sequel? A sequel to the actual movie with a follow up movie? Or can it be a comic book, animated series, video game, or series of novels? If it is widely accepted as GB3, like the Nightmare Before Christmas game is accepted as NBC2, then it really does count.
Wait which show was extreme ghostbusters? Once on a disney channel there was a show that was done by the same animators as men in black: the series and godzilla: the series but I can't remember the title of it.....:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm so tired of the back and forth. Until I see a poster or something really official, I refuse to believe they're actually REALLY making a GB3 this time.
Me too. Once I get news of a real working script and a projection date, and the ding of the first scenes being filmed, then I'll believe it.

Wait which show was extreme ghostbusters? Once on a disney channel there was a show that was done by the same animators as men in black: the series and godzilla: the series but I can't remember the title of it....
Yes. off topic, I always hated the title having the 90's buzzword "Extreme" in it. Ghostbusters the Next generation, or the new class or something like that would have been more filling, and not so much of a turn off.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Roger Rabbit 2 would only be good if they took the same passion with this one as the second one and hand drawing all the cartoons. It would also be great if they did it like 10 years latter or so when Hanna Barbera cartoons such as Tom and Jerry, and such came out. I could just see Tom and Wiley Koyote working together to try and get the Road Runner and Jerry. It would also be great to see Micky and the gang back in there classic Animated from. Bugs and Daffy for that matter as well.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Me too. Once I get news of a real working script and a projection date, and the ding of the first scenes being filmed, then I'll believe it.

Yes. off topic, I always hated the title having the 90's buzzword "Extreme" in it. Ghostbusters the Next generation, or the new class or something like that would have been more filling, and not so much of a turn off.
No I meant which one is which?:confused:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Roger Rabbit 2 would only be good if they took the same passion with this one as the second one and hand drawing all the cartoons. It would also be great if they did it like 10 years latter or so when Hanna Barbera cartoons such as Tom and Jerry, and such came out. I could just see Tom and Wiley Koyote working together to try and get the Road Runner and Jerry. It would also be great to see Micky and the gang back in there classic Animated from. Bugs and Daffy for that matter as well.
Actually Tom and Jerry were created in the 1940s and would of fit in just fine with the toons in the original 1988 classic.

And indeed they were planned to be include, but due to copyright issues, they didn't get their cameo in the movie. Tom and Jerry were among a few cartoons that were suppose to have a cameo in the movie, but due to copyright or trademark issues didn't get to been seen with the other toons. Along with Tom and Jerry, this list also includes Superman, Casper the friendly ghost, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Popeye, and Felix the Cat (though Felix can be seen beifly in the flim in a picture where he's shaking hands with R.K. Moroon and he's face is used at the entrance to Toontown, but as a speaking and interacting character he never got the chance), bummer isn't it?