Roger Rabbit Blu-ray March 12, 2013!

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Yeah, don't know if I can get into the whole Disney Pin thing; they seem very overpriced to begin with, and the few I have (mostly Muppets) I don't feel like trading in. Maybe if I see one that REALLY blows my socks off I'll buy it. Most of the ones I have I got at a local antique mall for $2 each. The most expensive one I have is the Haunted Mansion Sam & Swedish Chef pin, which was about $20 on eBay. Anyway, I totally wish they'd release Roger Rabbit PVC sets, one with Roger, Eddie, Jessica, Doom, Baby Herman, and Benny, and another featuring the Toon Patrol. Wish they had more Eddie Valiant merch, he's such a cool character, but I guess since he wasn't one of the toons there's not as much appeal.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eddie Merchandise would fall on having to pay the actor. After all, there's a reason why they had an Expy of him in the comic book version.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
While at Hollywood Studios in Florida, I saw a huge Roger Rabbit billboard. I'm not sure how long its been there, but I thought it would be good to mention. Maybe for the 25th anniversary?

Scooterforever

Reaction score
While at Hollywood Studios in Florida, I saw a huge Roger Rabbit billboard. I'm not sure how long its been there, but I thought it would be good to mention. Maybe for the 25th anniversary?
Yes, I saw the same billboard when me, my brother, and my father went to Disneyworld about 4 yrs ago. Guess it's been there awhile. I've always wanted to go on Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, but unfortunately it's only in Disneyland, not Disneyworld, so I guess I won't be going anytime soon:sigh: . When I go to WDW next week, I hope they have someone dressed up as Jessica:drool:.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Really? Where was it? I've never noticed that before. :confused: (Do you have a picture?)
Was it in the Backlot Tour?

Btw, when you guys are in Disney World, go on the Backlot Tour! You'll see some cool Roger Rabbit things, including the Eye Balls from the Acme Warehouse, and the famous Steamroller from the final scene!

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
It was toward the entrance of the park. The backlot tour was closed due to impending weather. :frown:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
That's too bad. I'll find video and pictures to make it up for you.

They must have just added that billboard recently becuase of the Blu-Ray release. I never noticed it before.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Really? Where was it? I've never noticed that before. :confused: (Do you have a picture?)
Was it in the Backlot Tour?

Btw, when you guys are in Disney World, go on the Backlot Tour! You'll see some cool Roger Rabbit things, including the Eye Balls from the Acme Warehouse, and the famous Steamroller from the final scene!
I vaguely remember doing the Backlot Tour when we went to WDW 5 yrs ago. I definitely remember the steamroller and the Toon Patrol car, don't remember the eyeballs. I'll have to get pics this time. The billboard was definitely there 5 yrs ago, I believe it's located in the shopping district of Hollywood Studios. It's a faux-advertisement for Maroon cartoons, if I remember correctly.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yes! The Toon Car was there! I forgot about that!
There was also an old looking car that said "Acme" on the side. I don't remember that from the movie, but I remember seeing it there and wondering what scene that was from.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Did you know that Friday marked the actual anniversary of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

I know I once said negative things about the movie, but after that comment, I went back again after two years and gave the movie another chance. My thoughts were 95% positive.
The movie is original, suspenseful, not to mention hilarious, as well as the animation being really cool. Especially for the 1980's.
WFRR is a movie that I can constantly watch over and over and never get bored of. I can now repeat the entire movie script off by heart at this point.

Roger has moved up on my list, tied in the same place as Back to the Future on my unofficial favorite movie list.

Happy Birthday Roger! You're even better than Goofy!