Roger Rabbit Blu-ray March 12, 2013!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Did you know that Friday marked the actual anniversary of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

I know I once said negative things about the movie, but after that comment, I went back again after two years and gave the movie another chance. My thoughts were 95% positive.
The movie is original, suspenseful, not to mention hilarious, as well as the animation being really cool. Especially for the 1980's.
WFRR is a movie that I can constantly watch over and over and never get bored of. I can now repeat the entire movie script off by heart at this point.

Roger has moved up on my list, tied in the same place as Back to the Future on my unofficial favorite movie list.

Happy Birthday Roger! You're even better than Goofy!
Actually, the anniversary was yesterday, Saturday, the 22nd (that would have been a Wednesday in '88 and no movie opens on a Tuesday). People keep citing it wrong for some reason. Maybe the premiere date with the cast was on the 21st? Either way, Happppppppy Birthday, Roger!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
BoxOfficeMojo.com lists the release date as June 24, 1988, which was a Friday. And on that note, the June 24 was more of a limited release - the point when more theaters started playing was around July 8. So take all this as you will. :fanatic:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
BoxOfficeMojo.com lists the release date as June 24, 1988, which was a Friday. And on that note, the June 24 was more of a limited release - the point when more theaters started playing was around July 8. So take all this as you will. :fanatic:
Box Office Mojo is incorrect in this instance. I remember seeing Roger Rabbit the week it hit the theaters and can confirm that it came out in US wide-release (not limited engagement) on Wednesday, June 22nd 1988.

Illness kept me from seeing it until that Friday and waiting was almost as bad as the appendectomy! This release date also confirmed by IMDB and the Wikipedia. The premiere was held in NYC that Tuesday so maybe people are counting that, but that's kind of odd since no other movie really does that.