Rumor: 2010: Year of the Muppets

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm with the comments on the WDWMagic forums who want a Pigs in Space ride :big_grin: As long as it's available at Disney WORLD as well!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It'd be great if Disney did promote 2010 as the year of the muppets, especially since that's the 55th anniversary. We know that Disney plans on releasing the next movie next year, and it's rumored that season 4 will come out next year, but there are a lot of other ways to promote the aniversary and the movie if it comes out in 2010.

Most of the Muppet merchandise made in the last few years have been exclusive to the Disney theme parks or online retailors... It'd be great if there were more mass market Muppet merchandise. Maybe some t-shirts and bumper stickers representing scenes from The Muppet Show and moviews, with classic lines accompanying them (for example, a shirt with Beauregard in the taxi drivers seat, saying "what color are their hands now?").

I'd like to have a variety of new Muppet books. Some informative, some illustrated storybooks. And more comic books wil be welcome. Maybe The Muppet Show Book could get a rerelease, and there can finally be a sequel.

Would it be considered weird for there to be a 55th anniversary special?

In addition to TMS season 4, there should be some more productions released on DVD (besides as bonus features on season 4). Maybe The Muppets at Walt Disney World or the "Tales from Muppetland" specials. Perhaps the movie or anniversary could be promoted with blu-ray releases of TMM and GMC.

It would be great to have a new action figure line. Part of me wants it to be different from the Palisades line, while part wants it to be similar so that characters who weren't made as figures would be comparable in quality and scale. Maybe there can be a new line of plush and dolls.

Video games would also be welcome, as would a board game.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
I know there is speculation, but has anyone heard anything with the 'ring of authority' indicating that any of the attractions planned during the original merger--the muppet movie ride, Gonzo's Pizza palace, etc.--are going to be created or would they just be throwing away all of that groundwork laid earlier?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
(for example, a shirt with Beauregard in the taxi drivers seat, saying "what color are their hands now?").
No, no, no -- what THAT needs is a bumper sticker saying "I'm sorry -- I can only take you as far as the lobby!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
No, no, no -- what THAT needs is a bumper sticker saying "I'm sorry -- I can only take you as far as the lobby!"
Oh me! Oh my! You're right! I am such a blockhead... Looks like I needs to get me an excuse to keep up with the times!

muppet baby

Reaction score
Just found a very interesting thread over on wdwmagic.com (awesome disney fansite btw). It has some very interesting info. concerning a giant piece of muppet glacier finally breaking off of the colossally giant disney glacier and floating our way (thanks Steve). Boy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed (CROSS YOUR FINGERS!) for a year as full of muppety goodness as 2001/2002. Enough yammerin', without further ado:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=474677

Can you picture that? :big_grin: :halo: :concern:
i can not wait to see if it is going to be real that would be so great .

btw thanks for posting this link i looked at the site and wow i wish i had known about this site years ago , better late than never i added it to my faverites and i also joined the form as well .

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
"Gonzo on Dumbo! They are filming something." (via @gsorvig)

http://twitpic.com/di7yh
Yes, the Muppets are out at Disneyland this week! They are out there filming bits throughout the park for an innovative new 2010 Disneyland marketing campaign starring the Muppets.

Gonzo, Camilla, Sam Eagle, chickens and penguins were spotted riding on the Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride; Animal was seen chasing guests down Main Street; and Kermit, Miss Piggy and the rest of the gang were seen hanging out in front of the cameras as well.