1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Rumor: Abby gets own segment

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Drtooth, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Muppet dude Active Member

Hopefully the Abby segments won't be in EVERY episode, similar to how "Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures" isn't in every episode (great segment series BTW, and I was happy to finally see them last year when they showed them as part of "Sesame Street!") I think a good idea would be to alternate "Elmo's World" with "Abby's Fairy School", so at least kids will expect to see a segment of some sort like that near the end of the show.

I also think this would be a good format for Season 40 and later seasons:

"The Word on the Street"
    Opening
    Street Scene Part 1
    Various segments
    Street Scene Part 2
    Various segments (this would include "Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures" when needed to air)
    Street Scene Part 3 (Also would introduce Letter of the Day)
    Various segments
    Street Scene Part 4
    "Murray Has a Little Lamb"
    Street Scene Part 5 (Also would introduce Number of the Day)
    Various segments
    Street Scene Part 6
    "Elmo's World"
    Street Scene Closure
  2. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it would be on every episode.

I think having them alternate with EW would be brilliant... but last time they tried to run episodes without Elmo's World (I guess, a test in trying to phase it out), they met with grumbles from 4 year olds, prompting them to have to put it back in FOREVER... MWAH HA HA HA HA! (Couldn't resist) So alternating it probably wouldn't do much good.

I have to say, it does look pretty good... I just think it should be part of its own show, an alternating segment, or some internet thing. I'm just worried Abby will wear out her welcome, like a certain red guy (and I ain't talkin' the one from Cow and Chicken), and before they do anything truly interesting with the character.
  3. Muppet dude Active Member

And when they tried that, they made sure Elmo was barely seen in those two episodes! They should've done that testing with Elmo-centered episodes.
  4. SSLFan Well-Known Member

Maybe they didn't want Kevin Clash to know what they were doing. :shifty:

Heh heh j/k. :p
  5. MuppetManAZ New Member

Looks like Sesame decided to put a little teaser up on youtube.
  6. Drtooth Well-Known Member

It is a lot better than I thought it would be. truly in the same spirit as Ernie and Bert's Great adventures... and I DID overreact.

I still don't see why it has to be an every episode segment, though. Ernie and Bert weren't (which is kind of a shame, actually)... but with the structure of the show there's just too much stuff they have to put in to take 10 minutes out of every episode for it.

And if Murray's any indication, how are we gonna know they didn't just get 13 segments and they'll repeat them twice?
  7. mbmfrog Active Member

No more, Elmo.....Please no more Elmo. :(

I mean I could almost understand :insatiable: gaining his own short because he's worth it.

I mean why couldn't we have a :super:show instead ?
  8. Drtooth Well-Known Member

It was stated that these were for the foreign market... they could very well pop up for season 41, but neither were stated in the press release.

And then of course there's the chance these very well WON'T make it to the US or maybe even appear on Sprout somehow... or any other way they won't be integrated into the show at all. We just don't have any information on what's what just yet.

But I reiterate, there's no chance we'll see them in Season 40... neither are mentioned in the press release. And given all the press that these new segments usually get, we won't be surprised by them either. I doubt they even started filming in time to be in season 40.

That said, if they drop the tired , 15 minute long "Elmo's World" for this shorter, proposed segment, I say let it happen next year.
  9. Cookiemonster12 New Member

Elmo's bACKYARD IS FOR KIDS 3 TO 6 YEARS OLD MUNCHIN : IMPOSSABLE IS FOR KIDS AGES 4 TO 7

IMPOSSIBLE:insatiable:
  10. Cookiemonster12 New Member

Abby's Flying fairy School exists it's on every Episode this season! I have seen it:search:
  11. PuppetRebel New Member

Speaking as both an avid fan and now as a father I REALLY do not like the new episodes of SST. I've watched 2. Both had went something like this:

Street Segment
    Murray
    Abby's School
    Murray
    Elmo's World
    Murray
    End

On top of being boring, it was really disappointing that almost half the episode is in CGI!
    I was also disappointed that in the Murray Has a Little Lamb segment they didn't try to guess what the Lamb was trying to say in Spanish, we just went straight to the school.

No worries though. We have Dvds and computers for a reason. Since then my son and I have only watched SST on demand. I love the Play With Me Sesame show. On top of being some of my favorite characters being the hosts, I love the real good mix of older clips.
  12. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I said this before, but the thing that bugs me is that they only had 10 of these segments to air in every single one of the 26 episodes. The segment isn't bad at all (in fact I rather like it) but jokes about Zha Zha Gabor, references to the Ramones and all that other snappiness in the writing gets lost when you have to see it multiple times in a season, reruns excluded... and there ARE a lot of reruns to be had.

It seems they were FAR too hasty to put one segment in each episode, not thinking that reruns would be a major turn off... half of the segments had to be reran three times in a single season. Now, that's no problem with a snappy 30 second segment... but when you have a 9 minute segment, it drags the show down. Now, it's like they had one of 2 choices, either to have one segment on every episode, but have at least 13 segments (we'd be guaranteed seeing it twice, which isn't terrible) or make/use fewer segments and run them every other episode. They wanted it both ways for marketing reasons and it burned them.