Saturday Morning memories thread

Redsonga

Reaction score
I liked Space Jam *is evil* but I guess then, it was aimed at our age group *lol* :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I liked Space Jam *is evil*
Liking Space Jam isn't wrong. That actually had a well-written plot. Granted, it was more focused on Micheal's dwindling basketball career, but still, the film was awesome.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Liking Space Jam isn't wrong. That actually had a well-written plot. Granted, it was more focused on Micheal's dwindling basketball career, but still, the film was awesome.
And it still is very good looking even if it's an older movie:excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And it still is very good looking even if it's an older movie:excited:
Yeah. I wonder where the MonStars went after they lost? They couldn't have stayed on Moron Mountain, could they?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think both movies were good for what they were.... Space Jam is a movie that no one really likes, but somehow can pick out moments they like (and I feel Bill Murray was underused). And Back in Action suffered the same problem the Bullwinkle movie suffered... the Toons don't need no stinkin' human co-stars.

Xerus

Reaction score
I liked the two Looney Tunes live action movies mentioned. :smile: It's great seeing those classic characters anytime. And I liked in Space Jam, how the team and crowd consisted of almost every popular and lesser known Looney Tunes character. Like Rocky and Mugsy and Beaky Buzzard. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
Too bad the film was an acid trip waiting to happen, considering the always-dreaming-about-home (that resembled heavenly camels) Camel was the modern-day Eeyore with his depressed behavior, given the fact that--despite being brother & sister--Ann and Andy seemed more like soul mates (and the earlier Fleisher cartoon didn't help matters any), denoting the characterizations of the self-cannibalizing Greedy & the twistedly insane Sir Lenard Looney, & making note of the whole tickling fetish of King Koo Koo (who needed to acheive full hillarity in order to be the size he was supposedly destined to be).
When I first saw Raggedy Ann and Andy in the theater, I thought it was really scary. Especially with the scenes of the Greedy, the Looney looking subjects, and Gadzooks the tickle monster. But now I love this movie a lot. :smile: Didi Conn did a great job voicing Raggedy Ann and Mark Linn-Baker (Who played Larry on Perfect Strangers) was great as Andy. And the Camel was performed wonderfully by Fred Struthman. :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
When I first saw Raggedy Ann and Andy in the theater, I thought it was really scary.
And some parts are still trippy. But imagine how the Greedy or somebody else would look in 3-D? Ugh...Bad imagery!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I only remember the RA&A,toy room and camel scenes really, everything else I sort of block out *lol*

Xerus

Reaction score
And some parts are still trippy. But imagine how the Greedy or somebody else would look in 3-D? Ugh...Bad imagery!
You're probably right! Especially Gadzooks in 3-D, reaching out into the audience and tickling everyone. :eek: