Saturday Morning memories thread

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember the Raggedy Ann And Andy Movie! Good stuff!

Hey Xerus! No "Flintstone Comedy Hour" on your list?

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember the Raggedy Ann And Andy Movie! Good stuff!

Hey Xerus! No "Flintstone Comedy Hour" on your list?
I never really thought of that show. But maybe you can put it on your SM list.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
FYI, the Raggedy Ann & Andy film--that is a real trip--is on YT (Here's part one & it has ten parts total).

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I've probably mentioned this earlier in the thread somewhere or someone else has (I'm too lazy to look), but I think kids today are being cheating out of good cartoons on the weekends.

Back in the 80's and early 90's, cartoons would start at 6 in the morning on the three major networks, ABC, NBC, and CBS, consisting of shows like Garfield And Friends, Real Ghostbusters, Captain N and Super Mario Bros 3, The Bugs Bunny and Treety Show, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Wizard Of Oz, Darkwing Duck, and others.

Of course you also had Fox later on doing shows like Animaniacs, Batman, Freakazoid, and other shows as well.

The networks seemed to air cartoons on saturday mornings from 6 am until 11 am or so. But not anymore.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I never really thought of that show. But maybe you can put it on your SM list.
That show actually never came on Saturday morning during my lifetime that I know of. It used to come on weekdays, though.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like Ann and Andy. Then again, I grew up on the books & that weird and trippy musical film! XD My fav character though in the franchise is the Camel With the Wrinkled Knees (I mean, in the musical, he was like the desert cousin of Eeyore [who was the first Pooh character plush I got as a wee one...Which reminds me that I still need a few more of the character cast, but that's for another time], due to how "mopey, low-down draggy, and blue" he was).
I love the Camel With the Wrinkled Knees he was my favorite part of watching the movie :excited:! He was also one of my favorite toys :smile:!