Saturday Morning memories thread

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I love the Camel With the Wrinkled Knees he was my favorite part of watching the movie :excited:!
Too bad the film was an acid trip waiting to happen, considering the always-dreaming-about-home (that resembled heavenly camels) Camel was the modern-day Eeyore with his depressed behavior, given the fact that--despite being brother & sister--Ann and Andy seemed more like soul mates (and the earlier Fleisher cartoon didn't help matters any), denoting the characterizations of the self-cannibalizing Greedy & the twistedly insane Sir Lenard Looney, & making note of the whole tickling fetish of King Koo Koo (who needed to acheive full hillarity in order to be the size he was supposedly destined to be).

Redsonga

Reaction score
Too bad the film was an acid trip waiting to happen, considering the always-dreaming-about-home (that resembled heavenly camels) Camel was the modern-day Eeyore with his depressed behavior, given the fact that--despite being brother & sister--Ann and Andy seemed more like soul mates (and the earlier Fleisher cartoon didn't help matters any), denoting the characterizations of the self-cannibalizing Greedy & the twistedly insane Sir Lenard Looney, & making note of the whole tickling fetish of King Koo Koo (who needed to acheive full hillarity in order to be the size he was supposedly destined to be).
I like the movie...It might have been weird, but I would watch it over other weird cartoons from the 70's ..

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Let's see what did I watch growing up on Saturday mornings? Loony Tunes, that was a favorite. I always loved Bugs Bunny and co. I actually used to laugh like Elmer Fudd, but got beyond that. :wink: I still love those cartoons, but Daffy Duck annoys me. Love Animaniacs...but that was after the Saturday morning cartoon craze wore off.

Underdog. The movie was cute, but I loved his whole rhyming thing.

Garfield and Friends, loved that. My husband still loves the episode about procrastinators club. Very funny stuff.

The Smurfs, yes I watched them and loved them growing up. My brother teased me about liking them, but they were cute. I had a crush on Johann.

Alvin and the Chipmunks. I always liked how much trouble they were capable of getting into.

The Care Bears were also an instant favorite. When we were in Canada I bought a bunch of them. In Germany they were played and I was able to tape a ton of the episodes voiced over and my husband and I love them. We get a kick out of Beastly.

I remember getting into the ABC weekend specials. Do they still have those? I always loved the story about the creatures who only said 'og'. :smile:

If I think of anything else, I'll post it. I absolutely love cartoons, but could never get into the new stuff. I will always be a devoted cartoon fan, but will stick to the older stuff.

Of course, the one cartoon that I will probably never forget was on when we had cable, and it was called 'Belle and Sebastian'. I loved that so much, but don't know if they ever released it on DVD or if the episodes are shown anywhere. I loved that show. That dog was beautiful, even though it was anmiated!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Nice list of favorites :big_grin:

Yeah, I tend to gravitate towards older shows, but sometimes something modern will catch my eye, like Danny Phantom or Jimmy Neutron. Futurama is pretty awesome, too (though I guess you could call it old because it started in 1999).

Redsonga

Reaction score
Daffy Duck is my favorite..for some reason I've always felt bad for him..it was like he was only greedy because he never got his piece of the pie, Bugs was always rubbing it in his face :frown:.
I don't like the early crazy Daffy though :stick_out_tongue:.
I also love Plucky Duck :3

Drtooth

Reaction score
Daffy Duck is my favorite..for some reason I've always felt bad for him..it was like he was only greedy because he never got his piece of the pie, Bugs was always rubbing it in his face :frown:.
I don't like the early crazy Daffy though :stick_out_tongue:.
I also love Plucky Duck :3
Daffy's only fans are angry guys that live in boiler rooms..... (of course since virtually no one saw Back in Action, no one's gonna get that one).

I love how Daffy acts in the Chuck Jones cartoons, contrary to others who prefer his earlier Clampett personality. it's like he's ahn aging star that lost all his fame, thinks he still has it, and seems either oblivious to the fact, or he knows and he's desperately overcompensating.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Daffy's only fans are angry guys that live in boiler rooms..... (of course since virtually no one saw Back in Action, no one's gonna get that one).

I love how Daffy acts in the Chuck Jones cartoons, contrary to others who prefer his earlier Clampett personality. it's like he's ahn aging star that lost all his fame, thinks he still has it, and seems either oblivious to the fact, or he knows and he's desperately overcompensating.
I saw Back In Action, I really like it :excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Me personally, I felt it devalued the idea of having the toons in the real world, considering the Space Jam original plot was also backing on Jordan's star power.