Saturday Morning memories thread

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Actually, the show WAS ending, and it was abruptly pulled from reruns. And replaced wih that Meh Raggidy Ann and Andy show. That was traumatizing (it getting pulled).
Okay. I loved raggedy ann and Andy by the way!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Actually, the show WAS ending, and it was abruptly pulled from reruns. And replaced wih that Meh Raggidy Ann and Andy show.
I like Ann and Andy. Then again, I grew up on the books & that weird and trippy musical film! XD My fav character though in the franchise is the Camel With the Wrinkled Knees (I mean, in the musical, he was like the desert cousin of Eeyore [who was the first Pooh character plush I got as a wee one...Which reminds me that I still need a few more of the character cast, but that's for another time], due to how "mopey, low-down draggy, and blue" he was).

Xerus

Reaction score
I like Ann and Andy. Then again, I grew up on the books & that weird and trippy musical film! XD My fav character though in the franchise is the Camel With the Wrinkled Knees (I mean, in the musical, he was like the desert cousin of Eeyore [who was the first Pooh character plush I got as a wee one...Which reminds me that I still need a few more of the character cast, but that's for another time], due to how "mopey, low-down draggy, and blue" he was).
I too liked that Camel from the original movie. And that song he sang was so neat. I can never get it out of my head. :smile:

And I remember the Raggedy Ann and Andy TV series. It had the brother and sister duo plus the Camel, but I was disappointed that it didn't have all the other playroom toys from the movie in it. No Grandpa, No Maxi-Fixit, No Suzie Pincushion, none of them.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It had the brother and sister duo
In all technically, Ann and Andy are only called brother & sister because they're made from the same cloth. And even in the film when Ann mentions this fact, some scenes indicate that they're more than just born from the same cloth...They're companions meant to remain together for all time.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I was watching some old commercial bumpers on Youtube today, and almost starting crying *sniff* Oh, nostalgia, you will be the death of me!

What I really need to do is create my OWN saturday morning lineup, consisting of what I used to watch. Muppet Babies, Pee Wee's Playhouse, etc.

Xerus

Reaction score
I was watching some old commercial bumpers on Youtube today, and almost starting crying *sniff* Oh, nostalgia, you will be the death of me!

What I really need to do is create my OWN saturday morning lineup, consisting of what I used to watch. Muppet Babies, Pee Wee's Playhouse, etc.
If I could create my own Saturday Morning lineup of past SM shows, this would be my schedule.

7:00: Tennessee Tuxedo
7:30: Beany and Cecil
8:00: Here Comes the Grump
8:30: Bailey's Comets
9:00: The Odd Ball Couple
9:30: The Osmonds
10:00: Saturday Supercade (1 Hour)
11:00: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
11:30: The Bay City Rollers show
12:00: Uncle Croc's Block (1 Hour)