1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Save the Fozzie Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by muppetperson, Sep 26, 2008.

?

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

1. Yes. money is no object

123 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. Yes. if he is $400-$600

40 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Yes. if he is less than $400

92 vote(s)
    33.8%
  4. No

17 vote(s)
    6.3%

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Fozzie is not a priority or (even if successful) a good money-maker when compared to other MR items. There is a lack of interest in both customers and factories. I am going to say this in every post on this topic: MR should get their current poser prototype Fozzie in a room with collectors every chance they get! :o

2. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Have you seen the other junk they are trying to sell? Mario Brothers mini figures? or what about the Golden Compase mini ships that I saw at Toys R Us that where on sale for $2.00 caquse they where not selling? I can keep going on and on. Since MR lost the Star Wars license, they went totally down hill and trying to find aother licenses to keep going on. This is very obvious.

3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Unfortuately, that wont help.Collectors dont seem to be interested in him.on figures.com there were only 2 votes, 1 for and 1 against.Action-figure.com also attracted only 2 votes, however they were both for, although 1 wasnt paying top dollar.
    and on disneyworldtrivia.com, 1 top vote and 4 votes of under $400 and 1 no.

4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I meant that collectors need to see Fozzie Bear again *in person* at a convention. That is what created the best buzz. The idea of such a poser (from the past Gonzo and Animal pieces and photographs) has proven to be unreliable representations for such a top-dollar product. If MR sticks Fozzie out there in a booth *at a convention* with the rest of their products I believe he would steal the show. That’s the first barrier to break. They did it once; they should do it again to get preliminary or speculative pre-orders. I just don't see much steam around MR's marketing department. I'm still weirded by the Mayhem figurines. I don't think they ever had a solid plan. :sympathy:

5. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yea totally, they didn't exploit the presentation and marketing opportunities they could have - we never heard of these in collectors magazines like we did the figures, and it's a shame they couldn't have sold through some of the larger Disney stores or something. I don't know whether they tried, or it just wasn't a priority but it must have made things even worse saleswise added to the lack of much other Muppet exposure in the press. Seems like they just got the license a little too early what with all this new Muppet stuff happening. The new projects might increase dealers and specifically Disney partners/distributors to get involved with Fozzie now, if as you say they were to try again with him so i hope they do. I have all 3 posers now and the main reason i ever bought them was because i saw Terry's Fozzie. :o

6. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I wonder who their marketing manager is now? Whoever it is needs to get The Muppets back on the priority list; maybe showcase a write-up in the next few newsletters about his situation, get the toy collectors' market buzzing again.

I totally agree with Jamie about the Fozzie proto being displayed in all upcoming shows. SOMEBODY needs to actually try and sell this guy! They can't just count on the hardcore fans spreading the word, somebody at MR should be getting paid for that.

7. stiqman

stiqman New Member

I believe that MR owes it to all the current collectors of this series to complete this last proto-type and then if they decide to move on then they can since NO Ms. Piggy proto-type has been made, and she has always been up in the air in the first place whether she would ever be made.

I will always be disappointed in MR for not completing the fozzie since it has been built up and companies have been putting it out there to pre-order.

I never pre-order from the other places because I will only order from MR and have for all three muppets so far. I am greatly disappointed in MR.....unless they start taking better responsibility for there choices.

I am interested in buying Fozzie Bear!

Daryl H

8. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

Do you think they will can this line? I hope not.

Leanne
    x

9. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Calling All Creative Persons

I have a challenge for those of us that want the bear. Who would be interested in taking a photo of their own replicas in an artistic manner that shows them for the awesome replicas they are (which MR SHOULD have done, but hey) and putting them into a promotional email that can be passed on, and on, and on, and on, and on...and on. I would suggest the style of the email should be done in the traditional Muppet Show theme that would reignite nostalgia of the people whom are most likely to buy these ie. people aged 25+ and not the modern Disney-era Muppets look.

I think if we were to do this (and quickly) we could raise the interest in this line (and Fozzie) very quickly and get the support needed to take this line forward. Now I know this may "fracture" a few international property rights BUT it is essentially done for the right reason and NOT for anyones financial gain. C'mon folks, I know alot of here are from a creative background so let show the folks at Master Replicas how it should have been done.

10. stiqman

stiqman New Member

I like this idea....I think that we just need someone with a graphic artist background and take the pictures already done on the other posts and fancy them up and that should be enough.........since we already have some pictures on this site that are great with the replica's. We would only need permission to use a few of them to move Fozzie ahead.

Just my thoughts.

Daryl H

11. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Agreed! I've got a couple pics I'd submit, all I'd need to change is the speech bubbles.

Get on board!
    :)
    Anthony

12. Telly

Telly Active Member

Does this mean I'd have to put Gonzo back in his tux? :concern:

13. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought you folks would think I was crazy...

14. Telly

Telly Active Member

I think we all just NEED the bear. He would finish the trio (Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo), complete a duet (Kermit and Fozzie) or work well on his own!

15. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

Mine are all still in their boxes.

16. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Let me tell you a story about ME. Remember, this story is about ME and does not refer to anybody else.

Let's say I have a company that makes widgets for the many fans and collectors of widgets there are. I order 2500 widgets from a factory in China. Now, mind you, widgets are very detailed and complicated to make. But the factory does a good job and delivers all 2500 widgets to me. But then, I don't pay the factory for the widgets I've already received. Now I want to make a new batch of somewhat different widgets, say 1,000. Do you think the factory in China would be willing to make them for me when I haven't paid them for the ones I've already got in my possession? And don't you think the word would get around to other factories in China that I don't pay my bills? I think it would be very hard for me to get the next item manufactured, don't you?

Remember, this is a hypothetical story about ME and is not meant to represent any other person or entity.

:p

17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That is a very interesting and cryptic tale you have spun. I am intrigued. That is something that could potentially happen.

:shifty: I have heard current claims over at a widget-like forum that there are very few factories in China that can make their particular type of products. I initially found that statement to be odd because if there’s one thing those factories want it is business. They particularly like that specific type of company’s business because it can mean many more future contracts for all sorts of things so these factories will do a lot to get that business. This included competitively underbidding other factories.

Chinese factories make all types of widgets, whatsits and doodads. I cannot imagine many of them turning down this company’s particular type of widget unless something else was afoot. There appears to be a lot of breaks in the chain of command from marketing and finance that transcends just the manufacturing end. This makes me sad. I miss the transparent days of Ken and Palisades when even if we didn’t like the news we always knew what was up and that it was legit. :sympathy:

I'm not claiming any of this is true about this ficticious widget company, but I am saying that it does seem closer to the truth than what we have been hearing so far. Except for one bright former employee, I have always felt the runaround over there. (By the way, this widget company is not to be confused with my wijitworld site ;))

18. Davina

Davina Member

I am all for the photo barrage..Right now i've just got Kermit sitting in my living room playing with his new microphone, but we just ordered Gonzo and Animal (MR is having a rather HUGE discount on them right now, which was a nice surprise when I went to order) and should have them both by the end of the week. NOt sure how much time I'll have to "play" with them what with trying to get all of hubby's stuff ready for deployment + holiday stuff with the kids, but I'm willing and ready to do what I can! :)

and I hope that any such widget companies can get their little rubber ducks in a row and get things cleared up quickly and sufficently so as to get future widgets back into production.. whatever the real problems might be...

19. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I would love to do something like this since I do photography on the side. But with my schedule it looks highly unlikely with all the weddings and family portraits I have scheduled for this and next month. It will be interesting to see what you guys come up with though, sounds like fun. ;)

20. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Wijits are what the world needs pronto!

The world also needs Fozzie posers, or at least one at my house, but definitely some Wijits are needed.