Saving the Dream

P

Philip Kippel

Super Scooter said:
The Muppets also have several projects in the works... all canceled, of course, but...
But there WILL be projects that WILL make it all the way and get released. Optimism is the order of the day in a matter like this.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Walt's in a grave? Always thought his body had been cryogenically preserved.

Oh well, learn something new every day.
Just waiting for more story and hoping to avoid any future fights.

christyb

Reaction score
As much as I'd looovveee to give you this chapter...it isn't finished. You can thank the book Eldest for that. Couldn't put the thing down. Anyways, I shall be back when the library reoopens.....wednesday. Right now it's freezing and I'm cold. :smile: Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wednesday? Aw, but tht means... OK, Christy's exchange will have to wait till then.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hi cold, I'm Insane A. Sylum. Nice to meet you.

...Sorry, but it had to be done.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Shouldn't you be posting more story young lady? Seeing how you missed your flight again? Or are you leaving on a day other than today?
And why am I asking so many questions? Should I do commentary for my past Christmas story?

Tune in next time when we're not muffining others' threads.
*Woo-hoo! Crazy laughter as I run out of Sis' thread.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I leave later today. And I didn't miss the first flight; it missed me. Or something along those lines. Anyway.

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter Two

Thunder rolled outside as the gray skies thick with clouds let loose their fury. Last minute Christmas shoppers darted in and out of stores wishing they had an umbrella. Businessmen hurried to their cars with their day’s work done. The street lamps cast their yellow glow illuminating the drops falling from the sky.

Lightning flashed revealing a trio of small green faces watching the world below. Jerry looked in awe and amazement. This was his first trip out of the swamp. Jimmy counted the cars that zoomed past on the thing Robin called a street. Robin looked out and sighed. His tears ran down his cheeks matching the rain outside. Wiping his face he turned away from the window.

Quietly the muted television displayed the video from the day. CNN as usual was on top of things and replaying Kermit’s faint for the world to see. The waiting room looked like a zoo instead of a hospital room. A cacophony of voices murmured as quietly as possible. Interspersed amongst the Muppet family was Kermit’s family of 5,486 frogs…give or take a few.

“ I think a channel change is in order,” Clifford picked up the remote and clicked through a few channels. After seeing the same press conference on each one, Clifford turned the television off.

“Eh there’s nothing good on anyway. Now our Treasure Island movie that was good,” Gonzo remarked while staring blankly a the waiting room door.

“Treasure Island, what’s that?” another young frog said from his mother’s knee.

“It’s a story about pirates, a boy, and treasure,” Robin explained.

“You filmed that during that summer Robin was a the swamp right? I don’t remember seeing him much in that movie of yours,” one of Kermit’s siblings asked.

“Hey, Gonzo? Why don’t you tell the story?” Scooter suggested poking his head out of the waiting room door.

“Yeah, it’ll like rully pass the time,” Janice agreed.

Gonzo began to tell the story as orderlies and residents rushed about their business in the hall. The nurse’s station buzzed with activity. Pacing in front a young beautiful pig gritted her teeth. Her patience was wearing thin. The press conference happened hours ago. Scooter ran to the phone and immediately called Kermit’s family. They took up the next three trains in getting here. They had been here only an hour or so. Piggy looked over at Kermit’s parents. She wished she had news, but they were as clueless as she. There was no word from the doctor.

Down below the police guarded the doors of the hospital. A small crowd had formed. Christy from Leland’s Bar and Grill was there. Lisa the world-renowned Muppet writer stood behind here with her pad and pencil. Members of the town of Leland and fans alike waited for some news. All of them a little miffed at the fact that the doctor ordered that only Kermit’s family was allowed in. Ryan even tried shooting his penguin canon to distract the guards. Behind all of Kermit’s friends stood the news crews. Everyone was waiting for the answer to the question in everyone’s mind,
“What is wrong with Kermit?”

Lisa muttered under her breath in frustration and tapped Christy on the shoulder, “ I’ve had enough of this. Wanna help me find some answers?”

Christy nodded and snuck off behind the cameras to the other side of the hospital, “The window to the second floor is this way. Robin told me that he’s never allowed next to it because it’s well shall we say missing the glass. Just this time…Let’s not get my shoes stuck in a toilet.”

Lisa laughed and pointed to the landing above, “I think if you stand on me you can reach that and then it’s on up to the second floor,” she knelt as

Christy hopped up on her shoulders, “ Whatever happened to that story anyway?”

Christy grunted as she grabbed for the landing ledge, “Never shoulda had that last piece of pumpkin pie yesterday.”

“Tell me about it,” Lisa cracked.

“Watch it down there or I might not tell you about that doggie doo next to your foot!” Christy began to lift herself up.

“Eeek! You’re kidding me!” Lisa squealed and jumped tossing Christy over the edge.

“Oomph! Thanks for the lift.” Christy said as she lifted Lisa up onto the ledge.

The cops came around looking for what was making all the noise. After giggling the two girls performed the same stunt lifting themselves up and into the second story men’s restroom.

“Christy! You didn’t say that this was the men’s bathroom!” Lisa squealed.

“Well I didn’t know. Remind me never to trust a frog.” Christy hissed, “Just act natural.”

“Oh yeah I go into the men’s restroom everyday,” Lisa stood up and walked towards the door running into a young doctor, “Hey you’re cute. Here call me.”

Christy shook her head as Lisa gave the doctor her phone number, “Excuse us…and her.”

They walked out and found the nurses station. Kermit’s mother ran up to the girls hugging them tight and asking a million questions on how they got in. Piggy and Kermit’s father and Miss Piggy also thanked the girls for making it in. As they began to explain how the broke in the doctor walked up.

“Excuse me, are you Kermit the Frog’s family?” he asked.

“Yes, we’re his parent’s.” Jim the Frog answered.

“I’m afraid your son has spinal meningitis,” the doctor said slowly.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ohhhhh....spinal meningitis? That's....that's....that's not good. Oh gosh, poor Kermit. And all of his family there, both frog and Muppet. So appropriate. True Muppet style, with them sitting around passing the time by telling stories. Nice touch with yourself and Lisa there and Ryan too. Great chapter, worth the wait, but now, you can't leave it this way! More please?