Scooter recasts

Drtooth

Reaction score
I did some checking with the officials at the Muppets Studio, and David Rudman is performing Scooter in the upcoming Christmas special Letters to Santa. And from what I've been told they're hoping that this casting decision will be a somewhat long-term recast for everyone's favorite go-fer.
I hope so too. I really wanna see how he performs the character in the long run. I see a little Scooter in Baby Bear (and a lot of Junior Gorg, just for discussion's sake). I could see him bringing a lot to the character in the long term.

And as I've said before, I just missed Scooter in Muppet projects. I want to see him in bigger roles, similar to the old days, and not just saying "Get your T-Shirts! Only 10 bucks!" or waving at the end of a project. I guess we're gonna see the real test during LTS.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Now Scooter is really intriguing as a recasted character...this is one that they took the longest to recast (not even showing the puppet onscreen mute for a good seven years),

Yeah, I also said somewhere else here that they should've done a scene on Muppets Tonight where Bobo holds a milk carton with Scooter's picture on it, saying "HAVE YOU SEEN ME?"

MWoO

Reaction score
I did some checking with the officials at the Muppets Studio, and David Rudman is performing Scooter in the upcoming Christmas special Letters to Santa. And from what I've been told they're hoping that this casting decision will be a somewhat long-term recast for everyone's favorite go-fer.

:wink:
That seems odd to me since David Rudman doesn't perform any other muppet show characters, at least none I know of. I suppose he could perform a decent Sal. Seems like a character he could do, if Sal is even around anymore.

edwardsinclair

Reaction score
From what he said at his recent Chicago appearances, he is considered the full time replacement now for Scooter (and Janice, for that matter). :smile: And he seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. Sounds like this one might stick!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I liked David Rudman's Scooter on the Disney Channel special, but there wasn't a lot of him to see. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with the character with a little more material.
:wink::wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well, I just hope David can do something noteworthy with Scooter; the gofer's been spending way too much time in the background lately.

Naturally, Richard was, as the original Scooter, the best Scooter; no one's going to dispute that. But I've been hearing a lot of good things about David. And he was one of Richard's best friends, so it's really appropriate that he's taking on the role.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And he was one of Richard's best friends, so it's really appropriate that he's taking on the role.
Yup, and who knows, Richard might be enjoying watching so many of his friends like Brian and David take on the part, hehe.

Erine81981

Reaction score
This is wonderful news. I heard or read about a few days ago and was glad to hear it. I really did love Ricky's vocie of Scooter in the MWOO just because i hadn't seen or heard Scooter (that expect of the VMMC) but he just seemed to be the one who i would have liked to take over but even when i heard David's Scooter i was like that almost sounds like Baby Bear but still was glad to see Scooter back in the show like the older days. So i'll be glad to see David doing Scooter in the latest special. Can't wait and HOPES TO YOU DAVID!

MWoO

Reaction score
David sounded nothing like Scooter on DC studio live. Ricky was far better and should continue. Brian was good as well. David's Scooter just sounded like every other character he does.