1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

scooter's growth spurt?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by doc hopper, Feb 7, 2003.

1. MrTheFrog

MrTheFrog Member

Ya know, I can't dispute those pictures. I stand corrected. I guess it seems to be Henson that has the consistency problems.
    -Artie
  2. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

lol yeah Henson sucks. :D just kidding

One thing that bugs me about JHC is their promotional pics of Fozzie. All those pics have Fozzie with his eyes all weird but the puppet has them closer. Also, JHC seems to really hate good Pippy stuff. I saw a Piggy prototype bust that was delayed or canceled by the JHC. It looked so much like her! Why do they not want a good likness of piggy?
  3. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

I wasn't trying to correct you or attack your opinion. I agree with you that there are tons of scaling issues. Just don't know how to solve them.
  4. MrTheFrog

MrTheFrog Member

Don't worry about it, no attack taken. I was seriously saying that after seeing those pictures, that you guys were right in your decision to make him the height that you did. Either way, the sculpt is incredible, and he's my favorite figure of the whole line.

As far as correcting, or dealing with the scaling issues, there's not much that you can do. Henson definitely has there own ideas of what the characters look like, despite the evidence that we all have disputing them. For instance, somewhere about 10 years ago, they decided that Bunsen was a skinny guy with a long neck, as opposed to the rotund, no necked fellow he'd been for the previous 15 years. I was actually surprised that they let you guys make him chubby. I guess it's a crap shoot. Some stuff they'll harp on while other things they'll leave alone. That being said, you guys are doing a great job with what you have to work with. Keep up the good work.

-Artie
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I agree, hardcore fans and casual fans really need to start putting their money where thei rmouth is if they want the line to survive. Ken, just wanna say Ive bought ALL the Series 1-3(and playsets) and then some!(Well, ok, I skipped out on non EB Piggy, heh) Ive been waiting 20 years for new Muppet figures so this is like mana from the sky.
  6. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Wouldn't that be mana mana from the sky?:D
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Artie

I have often wondered why Henson did that to Bunsen. In the Christmas movie, Bunsen's head was rather skinny too. It's my theory that one of his inventions finally got to him and deflated him a little. :D
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Doot doot do do doot! ^_^
  9. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

Oh, Ken, you're such a tease! No wonder you're married!;) :p

Wow matleo, good read. You made some very good points.
  10. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Re: Artie

You know I didn't ntice how big of a change it was until I compared Bunsen in TMM to Bunsen in MFS. He must have started eating subway! I also noticed that in the muppet Labs scene in MFS you can see a lot of performers' heads. I think the figure is a good mix between the coloring of current Bunsen and the weight of classic Bunsen :D . How in the world did the sculpters decide what to do with such a drastically changed character?
  11. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Anyone have a picture of Scooter next to the other figs?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  12. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

Re: Re: Artie

LOL!!
  13. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

Ken,

I'm one of the hardcore Muppet and toy fans, and I've bought them all as I find them (S3, come to papa!), and I've gotta say, that in many respects this toy line is BECOMING the definitive guide to the Muppets; certainly the best likenesses available to the masses, most comprehensive line-up, and the craziest set of toys I've ever collected.

Thanks for your (and Palisades) hard work on this line. I'm raising the bar each time the next wave comes out, and it jumps the !#$!#$ bar every time.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn
  14. matleo

matleo Active Member

Well said Quinn and agreed. This IS your definitive Muppet guide!

--Matt
  15. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Gorgon Heap, I think you can get find one on www.palisadestoys.com . (I think that's their site)

Hope that helps!
  16. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

Okay it's too late for me to edit that, so I'll quote myself and elaborate a little bit:

By the Palisades figures becoming the definitive guide, I mean that we (as fans) just don't have access to all of the drawings, sketches, scales, colors, original puppets, etc. that Palisades' team does. I mean, when Frank Oz himself says about Crazy Harry, "I didn't even know that guy HAD legs," that's a pretty good indication that you're moving into uncharted territory, not just for us fans, but for the Muppets THEMSELVES.

If that makes any sense. I mean, so many of us are so surprised (and usually delighted) to see these figures as fully realized characters with bottom halves and all; Who knew that's what Lew Zealand's pants looked like? Or that Rowlf was so "solid?" All of these discussions you see about Scooter's height, Rowlf's booty, Strangepork's boots, are just indications to me that y'all are really building the encyclopedia here--and we (I at least) are going to be the avid readers.

Probably didn't need elaboration. Muh. I'm at work.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  17. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

Hey, I just noticed Crazy Harry's legs in TMM, when Dr. Teeth goes "Y'know I hear this movie's dynamite!*explosion*!!"

He's wearing jeans...and his shirt's untucked...might go repaint mine to be wearing jeans...
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Crazy Hary has also been depicted in TMS era illustrations wearing the exact outfit that Palisades gave him. The outfit is actually spot-on.
  19. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

Oh okay.

*wasn't questioning Palisades' AUTHORITAH*
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well it just goes better with the TMS branding for Harry to be wearing the TMS referenced outfit. I don't think blue jeans would really reflect his character as the brown army pants.