scooter's growth spurt?

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Ya know, I can't dispute those pictures. I stand corrected. I guess it seems to be Henson that has the consistency problems.
-Artie

WiGgY

Reaction score
lol yeah Henson sucks. :big_grin: just kidding

One thing that bugs me about JHC is their promotional pics of Fozzie. All those pics have Fozzie with his eyes all weird but the puppet has them closer. Also, JHC seems to really hate good Pippy stuff. I saw a Piggy prototype bust that was delayed or canceled by the JHC. It looked so much like her! Why do they not want a good likness of piggy?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by MrTheFrog
Ya know, I can't dispute those pictures. I stand corrected. I guess it seems to be Henson that has the consistency problems.
-Artie
I wasn't trying to correct you or attack your opinion. I agree with you that there are tons of scaling issues. Just don't know how to solve them.

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Don't worry about it, no attack taken. I was seriously saying that after seeing those pictures, that you guys were right in your decision to make him the height that you did. Either way, the sculpt is incredible, and he's my favorite figure of the whole line.

As far as correcting, or dealing with the scaling issues, there's not much that you can do. Henson definitely has there own ideas of what the characters look like, despite the evidence that we all have disputing them. For instance, somewhere about 10 years ago, they decided that Bunsen was a skinny guy with a long neck, as opposed to the rotund, no necked fellow he'd been for the previous 15 years. I was actually surprised that they let you guys make him chubby. I guess it's a crap shoot. Some stuff they'll harp on while other things they'll leave alone. That being said, you guys are doing a great job with what you have to work with. Keep up the good work.

-Artie

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
I actually don't know if that was something you were saying to be funny (and it was funny) but I think that is the opposite over here. I have found that a lot of the hardcore Muppet fans have not been fanatical about collecting every figure. I understand the reasons, it's just an observation.
I agree, hardcore fans and casual fans really need to start putting their money where thei rmouth is if they want the line to survive. Ken, just wanna say Ive bought ALL the Series 1-3(and playsets) and then some!(Well, ok, I skipped out on non EB Piggy, heh) Ive been waiting 20 years for new Muppet figures so this is like mana from the sky.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Ive been waiting 20 years for new Muppet figures so this is like mana from the sky.
Wouldn't that be mana mana from the sky?:big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Artie

I have often wondered why Henson did that to Bunsen. In the Christmas movie, Bunsen's head was rather skinny too. It's my theory that one of his inventions finally got to him and deflated him a little. :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Wouldn't that be mana mana from the sky?:big_grin:
Doot doot do do doot! ^_^

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Oh, Ken, you're such a tease! No wonder you're married!:wink: :stick_out_tongue:

Wow matleo, good read. You made some very good points.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Re: Artie

Originally posted by frogboy4
I have often wondered why Henson did that to Bunsen. In the Christmas movie, Bunsen's head was rather skinny too. It's my theory that one of his inventions finally got to him and deflated him a little. :big_grin:
You know I didn't ntice how big of a change it was until I compared Bunsen in TMM to Bunsen in MFS. He must have started eating subway! I also noticed that in the muppet Labs scene in MFS you can see a lot of performers' heads. I think the figure is a good mix between the coloring of current Bunsen and the weight of classic Bunsen :big_grin: . How in the world did the sculpters decide what to do with such a drastically changed character?