1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Series 3 Arrives: When and Where

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Jan 31, 2003.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Camilla, I'm really glad to see that you found the latest series of Muppet figures near your home. It's just that the excitement has you running like a chicken with its head cut off. The in-series right now is S3, S4 doesn't arrive until next quarter. Have fun with your Muppet figures.
  2. camilla

camilla New Member

Yep a chicken running around like a headless chicken!!
    I've actually only got Crazy Harry. My birthday is the end of March so will ask for money to buy them

Camilla
  3. gaffercat

gaffercat New Member

woah been away for a week, too many posts to read through. Scooter and Zoot did finally arrive the next day, i knew the ups guy left them in his truck, he came early in the day and usually never comes till later afternoon:D just want to say these figures are great, is anyone elses zoot have one leg thats longer than the other:confused: it makes it very hard for him to stand right its a good 1/4 inch off. he keeps tipping backwards:mad: but oh well i think im going to make little sheet music to put on his stand and on Rowlfs piano, think white construction paper would work best. love these new muppet faces for the smilies
  4. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

Arrived in Pennsylvania (King of Prussia Mall)!

Suncoast and Sam Goody has/had them today. Apparently someone came in 5 min before me at Suncoast and cleaned them out of a lot of Series 3. I had to go to Sam Goody to finish my shopping trip. They are going fast though!

Suncoast still has Lew and Rowlf, plus a lot of Gonzo and Crazy Harry.
    Sam Goody has a Rowlf.
    EB has hair-up Piggies. :p (buy one get one free)
    FAO Schwartz has Kermits and Piggies :p

- Derek
  5. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

The Series 3 figures have been out here in Australia in electronics boutique stores for about 2-3 weeks, I already have the rowlf, and he is absolutely brilliant. What I really want is the chef playset as I love cooking aswell as the chef. That isnt currently available here yet.

This update is coming to you from Gosford NSW (near Sydney) Australia.
    :)
  6. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I got all four figures of Series 3 last thursday at a local comic book shop in Buffalo NY, but they are not in anyother stores right now, the zoot repaint had already sold when i got there.

they are very nice,I love Rowlf! The joints didn't really have a lot or any paint on them. i still feel that Rowlf eyes are very off after seeing him.
  7. SNLIM

SNLIM New Member

i've already posting that houston has them but just wanted to say more specifically: suncoast, eb games, and gamestop (i think) has had all figures in including the zoot variant. btw, does anyone know when chef playset is coming? i just got my mega beaker today! it is super cool, i am very pleased with it. one of the better 24.99 dollar purchases i've made. :eek:
  8. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I thought id let everyone know that in Electronics Boutique stores here in Australia they still have most of the series 2 figures aswell as all of the new series 3 figures aswell as some extras. they are all priced at $24.95AUD.
  9. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

i hate living miles and miles away from a mall!

Sarah
  10. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

*drops to knees in anguish*

No! My mom just told me that the Suncoast in our local mall is gone! I am praying so hard that it moved to some other location; where else am I going to pick up copies of my Animerica magazine?

So, on the not-so-slim chance that Suncoast is gone from the mall for good, are there any other places that are carrying Series 3?

-Kim
  11. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

Kitchen Set?

Anyone know an ETA on the Swedish Chef and his extravagent kitchen? :confused:

- Derek
  12. The Count

Derek, I believe that the release date of the Swedish Kitchen playset and figure of the Swedish Chef is slated for April of this year at the earliest.

Kim, here are a few suggestions for you:
    1 Single figures can be found at ebgames.com, except for Zoot.
    2 Either single S3 figures or the set of four can be found at ebay.com.
    3 the set of four S3 figures can be found at bigbadtoystore.com.
    BTW: Are you going to get an extra figure of Scooter to make a custom figure of Skeeter? I already got my extra Scooter figure, and I plan to use the skirt from my extra S1 Miss Piggy figure and the mold of the Long-Hair Piggy figure to make Skeeter's hairdo. Please let me what suggestions you'd have on such a custom figure, cause I'd appreciate your input on a project of this nature seeing how we could help each other out with varying ideas for our customs.
  13. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Count -
    Thanks for the info. No, I don't think I'll be getting an extra Scooter figure to make into a custom Skeeter. With my studies and everything, plus the total cost of getting two Scooters as well as other figures to swap body styles and such, and other materials, it's just not doable.

-Kim
  14. The Count

Well, that's OK. Just wondering if you have any tips for me with regards to the coloring of Skeeter's clothes and or her accessories. I'll post my theories on the custom later, once we've started the custom which might be during the summer vacations.
  15. MuppetVision

MuppetVision Member

:confused: So TRU is not getting the figures?

Will K-Mart, WDW, or KB carry them?

:D :D :D
  16. incredeeble!

incredeeble! New Member

My local EBGames finally got them in but all that was left was a Scooter and a Lew Zealand by the time I got there.

I got my set in the mail today from aislesniper and I have to say that the sculpts are amazing but the paint job is suprisingly disappointing. But that's what I get for ordering online I guess. :rolleyes:
  17. HappyFeet

HappyFeet New Member

I have officially decided to give up looking for the figures at stores around my area, and just go straight to EBGames.com to order them. ;)

There a few advantages to this:
    1) Less time
    2) Always in stock
    3)Pre-Orders!!! :D

Not to mention the exclusives they have every once in awhile.

I do have one question, and I am new here, so you might have already discussed this. Does anyone have a problem with Kermit's feet? My Kermit figure seems to have his left flipper pointed upwards, so when you put both feet on his stand, he leans forward very far. It looks like he is about to fall over. However, when I see pictures of him on websites, it doesn't look like anyone else has this problem. Any Ideas? :confused:

Thanks everybody! It's so great to know that there are some many muppet fans like me out there! Love the site, keep up the great work! :)
  18. The Count

A couple of things to point out...
    1 ebgames.com may have the figures listed online, but it's a safer bet to either call their phone line to make sure that they have the figures you're looking for. They already ran out of their Zoot figures, both regular and repaint, and any new orders will be placed on back order. You could always try hunting down the individual figures over at ebay.com or buy the entire set of four S3 figures at ebay.com, bigbadtoystore.com, beanstoys.com, or other websites suggested by fellow members.
    2 As for S1 Kermit's feet. This is a problem discussed at length here at the forum. There's another thread called "Kermit Leaning Problem Fixed" that you might want to read. Basically, Kermit's stance can be stabilized by turning his feet inward a little, making a sort of V-position. There are some that say this makes him look like he has to go to the little froggie's room, but it's not that bad in my opinion. Hope this helps and welcome to the boards.
  19. HappyFeet

HappyFeet New Member

Great! Thanks a lot for the info. I will definitely have to try turning his feet in.

There is one drawback about getting your series 3 figures from EB Games that I did forget to mention in my earlier reply. All 4 of my series 3 figures have paint flaws. Which again, like someone else brought up before, that's what you get for shopping online. Scooter has a paint flaw on his face. It looks like a darker color is showing through the orange on the right side of his face. There is a smear on Rowlf's right eye. Lew Zealand has a black spot on his nose, and Zoot has a little bit of flaws on his nose. So, if this sort of thing is a great bother to you, than I don't recommend shopping online. As for me, I am just happy to have the figures! ;)
  20. Age

Age New Member

Series three started popping up around two weeks ago in my area. You can find them at EBX, Suncoast, Sam Goody and Toys R US. Sam Goody is good for finding the Zoot with the red shirt and other repaint muppets from the other 2 series.