Series 3 Arrives: When and Where

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey Travis (SuperGrover) and anyone else in Salt Lake City--the EB in the Gateway has them now, but the manager hasn't put them out on the shelves yet--he's got them in the back and said he's already sold complete sets to three customers--he's planning on reorganizing later this week to get them out.

Anyway, if you go down there and don't see them on the shelves, ask if they're in the back. The manager was pretty funny, too--talking about the Muppets. I think he's a fan.

But I was in a hurry.

"No talk. Sell toys."

Quinnnnnnnnn

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, Quinn.

I just got home with mine tonight too. I got Rowlf at the Gateway. And you're right. I think the manager is a fan. He knew all the characters by name without having to go in the back and look. First he told me that he had two Rowlfs left, but then he mysteriously only had one left when he came out from the back with mine. I'm suspicious he's saving a set for himself. Because as you obviously noticed, he was yakking up a storm raving about 'em.

He told me several people had been in today buying up all the Muppet figures, including a guy who looked like a million bucks. That's when I flashed my million dollar smile again, thanking him, and was on my way. :cool:

I'm sure you probably noticed, but the exclusive long hair Piggy is buy one get one free. So I did. How can you turn down a free perfect-for-customizing figure like hair-down Piggy?

My favorite series 3 figure is Rowlf all the way (absolute favorite overall). Zoot is 2. Then Lew, then Scooter. I think Scooter should have the ball jointed hip joints. He's kinda clunky, and not wanting to cooperate with his accessories very well. But I'll try him more later, after I play with Rowlf & Zoot some more.

Hasta la pasta

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm glad you got them, Travis!! I was worried about my fellow Utahn. :rolleyes: Really.

I actually picked up everyone BUT Scooter--he's my least favorite character and figure of the group, plus I only had 25.00 in cash on me and they don't take checks. So I think I'll stop in tomorrow on my way to work and pick up Scooter and two Piggys. Piggies? Because YES, I have some customs that need a makin'.

If you (or anyone else in the area) still need Bunsen or Dr. Teeth, as of this morning, they were still at the WVC TRU.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
If you (or anyone else in the area) still need Bunsen or Dr. Teeth, as of this morning, they were still at the WVC TRU.
How about Kermit in the tux? Have you seen him anywhere? I never did find him. :frown:

smcguire

Reaction score
Looks like the Series 3 figures have finally gone from "preorder" to "ships in 24 hours" on ebgames.com.

However, they don't seem to have the repaint Zoot available as an option anymore (no search turns it up and the link from the MC release schedule doesn't get you there). Wah! I hate to admit it but I'm too lazy to go chase around looking for this figure (sorry, Palisades).

I'm curious if ebgames.com just "ran out" of them or decided they couldn't fulfill orders for them for some reason - are folks who pre-ordered the Zoot repaint getting it?

--Scott McGuire / smcguire@mit.edu

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scott,

More than likely, it is because there is a limited number of Zoot repaints and those they have are likely already reserverd.

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by smcguire
are folks who pre-ordered the Zoot repaint getting it?

--Scott McGuire / smcguire@mit.edu
Yes, the repaint is the only one I pre-oredered and I got an e-mail last night saying he is on the way. Hope to have him tommorow.

--Matt

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
KOP PA

Walked all over the 2nd biggest mall in the country yesterday - King Of Prussia in PA.

No Series 3 anywhere.

EB - just Gonzo exclusives, Piggy & Lab Set beat to heck but selling for full $.
Suncoast - Crazy Harry Galore.
Sam Goody - Couple Gonzos
FAO - Brand new complete assortment of... series 1???
KB - Never seen 'em here.

gaffercat

Reaction score
Just got Rowlf and Lew Zealand delivered today, both cam in same box but no Zoot or Scooter yet. I think the ups guy left that package on the truck, curse him. Hopefully they will show up later tonight or tomorrow morning. @ problems though, Rowlfs hands were upside down took awhile to turn them the right way, and Lew need a ton of wite touch up paint hopefully my model paint will work. I can over look the red on his white pants but the red eye has to go. I'll let you guys know if model paint works well on them, but otherwise i love them, good work Ken, now to find more shelf space this is going to be tricky

smcguire

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Phil and Matt. I suspected "sold old" as well, but I was curious. I shouldn't have waited - I just figured that since the Floyd repaint was still available once the figures were actually in stock, the Zoot one would be too. But I've learned my lesson... I've already pre-ordered the Rizzo repaint for Series 4! :smile:

--Scott