Sesame, DC: The Superman at the End of This Story

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Which characters/series? If they're of the animated fare, I might be able to help you with that since I watch most of it on Toon Disney anyway.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Well...Some of the characters that I'll be using for "Muppets of the Caribbean" are going to be in the Spidey/Muppets stories that are going to lead up to Spider-Man 3. I decided to use characters from Kim Possible, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, American Dragon: Jake Long, and some of those old cartoons from the "Disney Afternoon" program, like Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, DuckTales, Goof Troop, and Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers.

The only show that I'm not too familiar with is American Dragon: Jake Long, which is a Disney Channel original show that's now on Toon Disney. So I guess I could use some pointers on that one.

As for the use of Disney characters in this series, most of them will be from those live action shows, like The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Phil of the Future, That's So Raven, and even Hannah Montana (Can't believe how much I'm getting into that one). Animated characters will be from Kim, Stitch, and Jake Long.

And, I'm not sure how much of Cartoon Network that anyone has watched lately, but I'm also thinking of having appearances of characters from shows like The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Juniper Lee, Kids Next Door, and Ed, Edd, and Eddy.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Can help you with all the animated stuff, not the live-action since I don't watch those series.

Kim Possible, check. American Dragon, one that I rully got into. Lilo and Stitch, got hooked into it trying to keep track of the experiments, got 48 of them.
Grim Adventures, thumbs up, my current #1 fave. Juniper Lee, another winner. KND, yes also in my good graces.
TDA, can help you with almost all the shows from Ducktales to The Mighty Ducks, except for Gummi Bears cause I never watched that one and Schnookums and Meat which I thought wasn't rully that good.
Just LMK and we can talk over PM or E-mail on what characters you need.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Thanks, Count.:smile:

I should probably mention that I used to be a member of a Disney board back then and I know a lot about most of the Disney animated shows that were released over the years. Jake Long's the only one I'm having trouble with.

The only Cartoon Network shows that I've watched a couple or so episodes of is Billy & Mandy and Kids Next Door. I only seen a tad bit of Juniper Lee; but Wikipedia's website helped me a little with that one.

I should be getting another chapter in soon that introduces some of these characters into the story.:wink:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Follow That Bird villains return and cool cameos.:smile:

Chapter Two​

Twenty-one years could seem like an eternity for a man in prison, and scheming con artists like the Sleaze Brothers could vouch for that sensation, as the two had spent that much time in prison for stealing an apple from a boy. They were lucky enough to be sent to same prison, because the gullible Sid Sleaze wouldn’t last a week in one of the most maximum security prisons in the United States. While the brothers were in imprisonment, Sam often tried to come up with a “brilliant” plan to get them out; but his plans failed miserably, leaving them to do cruel chores like cleaning up toilets and nasty scum at the bottom of pots and pans in the kitchen hall.

Just when it seemed as if things couldn’t get any worse for the brothers, they realized that the end of their sentence had arrived and were released from prison. Their eyes were sore from the sun’s glare, which they hadn’t seen for twenty-one long years, as they stepped outside for the first time in years. They breathe in the fresh air, only to choke on it afterwards; these boys had gotten so use to polluted air that clean air seemed bad for their lungs.

“Well, Sammy, it looks like we’re startin’ all over again.” Sid said, and he shook his brother’s hand. “I’ll be seein’ ya around, pal.” Sid was about to walk away, until Sam grabbed him by his left arm and held him back.

“Hey! What do you think you’re doin’?!” Sam exclaimed, and Sid seemed a little confused.

“Don’t you remember?” Sid said. “Before we got out, you and I agreed to go our separate ways, so I figured that you want to go your way, while I go mine.”

“You idiot!” Sam yelled, in frustration. “I was mad at the time I said that, because I got caught sneaking food out of the kitchen and had to clean toilets, while you were sitting comfortably back in the cell!”

“Oh, so that explains that white line you drew up in the center of the cell.” Sid uttered. “All this time I thought you were trying to use the entire cell to draw one big picture.”

“Can we stop talking about prison? We’re out now, so let’s drop all that talk!” Sam demanded. “Let’s talk about how we’re going to get our revenge on that kid that put us in here.”

“The apple kid?” said a confused Sid.

“No!” Sam retorted. “The other kid! The one with all of those ‘special’ powers?”

“Oh, the Superboy!” Sid exclaimed, and he got a little nervous. “Well, I’ve got news for ya, Sammy…that Superboy is now a Superman.”

“Yeah…so?” Sam said, and when he put two and two together, he got nervous himself. “Oh…I see your point.” For a moment, it seemed as if Sam Sleaze wasn’t the great schemer that he used to be, coming up with several ideas in less than two seconds. But that’s when an idea (which he thought was magnificent) struck him. “Hey! I remember reading something a few days ago in the Planet about Lex Luthor, one of the greatest criminal masterminds in the world, being released from prison tomorrow.”

“Oh, I don’t know about that.” Sid said, getting even more nervous. “We just got out of prison. Working with a guy like Luthor could get us back in.”

“Luthor is a genius, brother.” Sam said. “He’s got more brains than even me!”

“He’s been thrown into jail twice.” Sid contradicted. “Once for stealing and using a nuclear missile, and again for working with three evil villains from the planet Krypton, in an attempt to take over the world.”

“But with us by his side, he doesn’t have to worry about hitting that third strike.” Sam said, and he started whispering to Sid as he looked back and noticed a guard standing by the main gate, which they began walking away from. “Listen, Luthor was locked away in a prison cell in Metropolis, where that big yellow bird we once used for our carnival lives with the rest of the ‘Sesame Saps’. That bird was a good friend of Superman’s, and if we kidnap him again, and this time we’ll do it more subtle, then Superman will have no choice but to crawl out of the cave that he’s been hiding in and save his old friend.”

“But where does Luthor play into all of this?” Sid asked.

“We’ll be giving that bald freak the greatest reason of all for hiring us to be his personal henchmen!” Sam exclaimed, and Sid shook his head, frowning.

“I’m really not comfortable with this idea.” Sid said. “I think we’re better off going back into the carnival business.”

“No one will ever come back to our funfair after our reputation’s been bruised.” Sam remarked.

“Well, can’t we just put some ice on our reputation’s bruises and try to get things back the way they were?” Sid asked, and Sam was very annoyed.

“Listen, you chicken out on this great opportunity now, I’ll tell that guard there that you were the one that drew a mustache on the warden’s portrait.” Sam threatened, and Sid was a little surprised that he knew about that, considering that he was alone in the room when he drew that mustache…or so he thought.

“Alright! Alright!” Sid exclaimed. “I’ll do it.”

“Good.” Sam said, with a wicked grin. “Now all we have to do is get our old truck back from the junkyard that those cops threw it into, and we’ll be on our way to Metropolis in no time.” As Sam walked away from the prison gates with his brother, who he had his arm around in false brotherly affection, Sid seemed very unconfident about the scheme that his brother cooked up. He was really looking forward to starting a new life after their prison time; but with a sibling like Sam Sleaze, that was impossible to achieve.

-----------------

“Hi-ho, this is Kermit the Frog reporting on the Channel Seven morning news.” Kermit said, on a live broadcast that was airing throughout Metropolis that bright sunny morning. “Yes, it’s a beautiful day today, and little do some people know, it’s the fourth anniversary of the disappearance of our beloved hero, the almighty Man of Steel himself, Superman.” Some of the Metropolis citizens switched their channels at that point in the broadcast; but others were still tuning in. “Now the folks here on Channel Seven realize how much of a hot-buttoned issue Superman’s disappearance is nowadays, but we figured that since it is the fourth anniversary after all, we might as well interview the city’s residents, as well as those from the city of Gotham.”

That’s when a montage of images started appearing on the screen; they were images of citizens in Metropolis that Kermit had interviewed over the week. The first one was of an eleven-year-old Chinese girl named Juniper Lee; she was a bit of a superhero herself, though she never revealed that secret information to Kermit or anyone else on the air. She had been given the responsibility of being a Te Xuan Ze, maintaining the balance between the human and magic worlds. Because of this, she was magically enhanced, being stronger and faster than ordinary human beings.

“Miss Lee, how do you feel about the disappearance of our city’s greatest hero?” Kermit asked, while off camera.

“Well, to everyone in Metropolis, Superman is the greatest hero ever.” Juniper stated. “But, to me, he’s just a guy who flies around in his underwear and a cape. I mean, I appreciate the guy for doing what he does for the city; but, seriously, why must his outfit consists of just red underwear and a cape? What, he can’t find the time to shop at JcPenny’s?!”

“Uh, you’re neglecting the question, Miss Lee.” Kermit said. “I asked for your opinion on Superman’s disappearance, not his outfit.”

“Oh, well, as for his disappearance goes, I guess it doesn’t matter to me where he went off to.” Juniper remarked.

“But without Superman here, who do you think will protect us from harm?” Kermit queried, and Juniper stopped as if she was thinking of a good reply; but her Te Xuan Ze abilities had actually kicked in that moment, as she was listening to her enchanted dog, Monroe, talking to her. For Juniper Lee, Monroe was speaking actual words with a Scottish accent, because she could see through the barrier separating human and magic worlds. For Kermit, the cameraman, and the viewers at home, Monroe was just barking at Juniper like a regular dog would. “Uh, does your dog need to go stand by a fire hydrant or something?”

“Um…no.” Juniper said, trying not to reveal her Te Xuan Ze heritage on television. “I…I just think there are more heroes out there that are far more greater than the Man of Steel himself.”

“Like who?” Kermit asked, and Juniper seemed to be getting a bit nervous.

“Well…the fire department and the police…I mean, they’re the real heroes.” Juniper said, as Monroe angrily barked at her. “T-They’re not as powerful as Superman; but you can bet that they’ll never leave us like he did.” She then slapped her forehead and groaned slightly, wondering if it was smart to make that last comment. The angry Monroe started “barking” at the camera, screaming obscenities that the folks at home could never understand, unless they had connections with the Te Xuan Ze.

The image of Monroe was quickly switched off and replaced with an image of Bruce Wayne, the billionaire industrialist and philanthropist that lived in Gotham City; as a child, he witnessed the murder of his parents. Little did the people of Gotham or Metropolis knew, that incident in his childhood brought him to train himself to the peak of physical and intellectual perfection, don a costume, and fight crime (as the hero known as “Batman”).

“Mr. Wayne, it’s obvious enough that you don’t live in Metropolis,” Kermit said, “But Gotham City has a hero that’s very different from Superman.”

“Yes, the Batman.” Bruce said, with a small grin on his face.

“Do you believe Gotham would riot in the streets if Batman were to disappear from the city?” Kermit asked, and even the amphibian reporter couldn’t believe how excellent that question was.

“Well, what reason would Batman have to leave the city?” Bruce said. “I think he has the same dedication to Gotham that Superman has to Metropolis, though they both may differ in their ways of fighting for justice. People say that the Man of Steel just hung up his cape and took his ball home; but if you remember in that interview he had with Lois Lane, you’d realize that his original home was destroyed years ago…this planet of ours is his only home.”

“Then why do you think he disappeared?” Kermit inquired.

“Probably to see if those old traces of his home world that were supposedly left behind are actually there.” Bruce replied. “I realize that it’s been three years since he’s been gone, but do you realize how far it is between Earth and Krypton?”

“Yeah, it’s like billions of light years from here.” Kermit said.

“Kermit, I really think the citizens of Metropolis and people all around the world should still give Superman a chance.” Bruce stated. “They say that they’ve been able to live without him for all these years, but I don’t believe that’s true. There’s no way you can live without Superman, Metropolis’s greatest savior.”

“Well, unfortunately, our city has learned to do just that, Mr. Wayne.” Kermit said.

“For the sake of the city, I hope they’ll learn to forgive him for disappearing.” Bruce remarked, just before his image switched to that of three different figures: a blonde, nose-less girl with an acerbic attitude, an evil personality, and knowledge of the supernatural, who went by the name of Mandy; an extremely happy-go-lucky child with an I.Q. of –5, a pink oversized nose, a blue and white striped shirt, and red hair that was covered by a red hat, whose name was Billy; and the Grim Reaper, the personification of Death, who spoke with a Jamaican accent.

“Well, uh…” Kermit uttered, seeming a little nervous on camera, as he interviewed the three residents of the darkest part of Gotham City. “I didn’t think you three had anything to say; but our producers thought it would be a good idea for the citizens to hear your comments about…”

“Superman?” Mandy interjected, and she scoffed at the name. “I’d rather eat an uncooked calamari than to talk about that clown.”

“You wanna talk about clowns, Mandy, talk about that weirdo goin’ around all over da place and callin’ himself ‘The Joker’.” Grim said. “Just the other day, I found his ‘calling card’ on the front doorstep of Billy’s house.”

“At first, I thought it was one of the cards that my dad had lost on one of his poker nights,” Billy said, “But then I remembered that my dad doesn’t play poker and that my mama plays bridge with her friends.”

“And you think your mother lost the joker card from her bridge game?” Kermit asked, and Billy seemed confused, which was pretty much normal in his case.

“My mama doesn’t play bridge; she hates playing cards!” Billy exclaimed. “Why can’t you reporters ever gets anything right?! That’s why the world’s so mad nowadays, because you twerps gots everyone thinkin’ that there’s WMV’s in Japan!” Before Billy could say anything else, Mandy slapped him across the face, causing his eyes, nose, and mouth to end up on the back of his head.

“Shut up, Billy.” She said, before turning her attention back to Kermit. “Listen, frog, I wouldn’t care less about that moron with the red cape. He symbolizes everything that’s bad about Metropolis and the rest of the world. He’s always positive, he never shuts up, and he always playing that stupid ‘boy scout’ role. I don’t believe in superheroes. Of course, I can make an exception with Batman, because he doesn’t seem like a superhero to me. He seems like the type of guy that just doesn’t give a crap about life and kicks butt just to kick butt. And if he were to challenge Superman to a fight, I’d think he would win.”

“Uh…right.” Kermit said, feeling a little uncomfortable with Mandy’s remarks. “Well, um, do you have anything to add about his disappearance?”

“Superman’s gone?!?!” Billy exclaimed.

“He’s been gone for three years now.” Kermit said, and Billy let out a horrifying shriek, as his eyes, nose, and mouth returned back to the front part of his head.

“Why didn’t anyone tell me?!” He yelled.

“Because no one in the Gotham cares about Superman being gone.” Mandy told Billy. “Personally, I hope he stays up there in the cold, dark regions of space. They say that kryptonite is his weakness; but I say that three years in space ought to freeze the life out of him.”

“Believe me, Mandy, if Supes were dead, I’d be the first to know about it.” Grim said, and a wicked grin crept across his skeletal face. “And ya better believe that the day Superman dies, I’ll be known to the rest of da underworld as the reaper that claimed his soul!!” He let out a wicked cackle, with flames appearing behind him; but his wicked moment was literally cut short, as Mandy took his scythe and sliced his body in half.

“Keep on dreamin’, Grim.” She said, and Grim frowned, as the image of Gotham’s darkest characters switched back to the present-day image of Kermit in Metropolis.

“Boy, I tell ya, if there’s ever a tornado or flood in Gotham that forces the citizens there to move to Metropolis, remind me to stay away from those last characters that I’d interviewed.” Kermit said. “Unfortunately, we can’t show all of the people that I interviewed over the week in this short segment of the show. But be sure to tune in tomorrow, as our story on the anniversary of Superman’s disappearance from Earth continues. Back to you, Chevy!”

END OF CHAPTER TWO​

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So I guess you got my three messages? Man, there's a lot of good in this chapter.
The opening iwth the Sleaze Brothers, chilling... And yet you got it all perfectly in character.
Juniper Lee's appearance was well done, even with Monroe at her side. That reminds me, the premiere episode of Juniper Lee struck me as having a narrative similar to the setup of WITCH, though I liken Juniper Lee to Buffy.
The best part by far was the interview with Grim, Billy and Mandy. So Innsville the city where they live is in Gotham, OK I'll buy that.
I give you points for Grim's line about how he found the Joker's playing card on Billy's doorstep, taken from the movie.
And I give you even more points for that barb at the end of the chapter... Back to you Chevy indeed.

Few corrections though.
Should be "far greater" instead of "more greater".
Should be "Little did the citizens of Gotham and Metropolis know" instead of "knew".
Excellent and I await what's next.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I got your messages. Thanks, Count.:smile:

I think I figured out how I'm going to deal with all of these characters from Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, and our favorite Muppets that I have appearing in the story. They'll just be the people that Kermit will interview throughout the tale on Superman's disappearance. This is best for the main characters that we want to focus on more: the characters from W.I.T.C.H., Scooby-Doo, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, and Sesame Street.

And I don't know if I brought this up or not, but I have a feeling that I probably won't get this story done by June 28th to tie-in with the release of Superman Returns. So I guess what I'll do is fuse the events of this tale with those in the movie, settling them in the fanfic's background.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... What I would suggest is maybe scaling back on the franchises you want to include... But interviewable cameos works best.
And I support your decision regarding the movie tie-in,it worked so well before with And He'll Stand With... didn't it?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
And I support your decision regarding the movie tie-in,it worked so well before with And He'll Stand With... didn't it?
Yeah, it did. And if I can do it once, I can do it again.:big_grin:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Three​

Mac sat on the porch steps to the Foster’s mansion, looking over some of the notes from the observatory closely. Two weeks had passed since he had found them there, and he was disappointed when he had gone back to the observatory one day, only to discover that it had been torn down to pieces. Mac was saddened by the loss, but he knew that there was no time to let the tears come out; he had to solve the mystery of the “hidden planet.” Spending those two weeks looking over the notes, Mac never felt so confused in his life. Just when he thought he understood where the planet might’ve come from, there were twists that put him right back where he started. The “hidden planet” was a mystery for sure, and Mac almost felt like he was reading a “Whodunit?” story rather than documented information.

“Hey, Mac.” Someone said, and Mac turned his attention away from the notes for a brief moment to look back at Frankie, as she was coming out through the front door.

“Hey, Frankie.” Mac said. “Going to that job interview at the Daily Planet?”

“Yeah, and I’m really nervous about it, too.” Frankie replied. “Bert and Ernie are supposed to be going with me.”

“They’re applying for jobs?!” exclaimed a surprised Mac. “I hope they realize that there might not be many seats they can fill you all in.”

“Hey, if they could squeeze Bob in, I’m sure they could squeeze Bert, Ernie, and me in as well.” Frankie said, just as Bert and Ernie themselves were walking down the sidewalk and stopped as they were passing through both the mansion and the bus that was parked in front of it.

“Yoo-hoo! Frankie!” Ernie shouted. “Are ya ready to go?”

“Yeah, we’re on a tight schedule here.” Bert added. “If we don’t get going soon, we might not get the chance to be hired for the jobs.”

“We’ll take the bus over to the Planet, guys. It should get us there in less than a second, especially with someone like me behind the wheel.” Frankie said, and she turned back to Mac, winking at him. “I’ll see ya later, pal. Wish me luck.” As Frankie was walking down the porch steps and away from the mansion, Mac looked down at the notes that were sitting on his lap and thought hard about telling Frankie about the unknown planet that he and Nigel discovered.

“Uh…Frankie?” Mac uttered, and Frankie stopped to turn to her friend, with a smile on her face that was covering up the nervous feeling that she had in her.

“Yeah?” She said, and Mac looked long and hard at her, still wondering if he should reveal such big information to her that could ensure her a position at the Daily Planet. He really felt guilty about taking such credit away from the person who discovered the hidden planet, which he realized was not Nigel. Frankie just stood there and stared at him as he looked away from her and back at the notes, wondering when he was going to say something. Bert and Ernie were both glancing at their wristwatches, keeping up with the time they had left before their interview with Perry White (the editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet).

“Frankie.” Bert said, a little irritated. “Could you please hurry up? We’re going to be late.”

“I’m coming.” Frankie said, getting more nervous than she already was; she turned to Mac, with an apologetic look on her face. “Listen, Mac, could you just hold that thought for, like…ten hours? We really have to make this interview we have with Mr. White.” Mac was disappointed that he wasn’t brave enough to tell Frankie about the big information; but he was a little relieved that she was too much in a hurry to listen.

“Sure, Frankie.” Mac said, and Frankie went over to him and gave him a kiss on his forehead, just before hopping into the bus with Bert and Ernie and driving off to the Daily Planet building. Mac had gone to being relieved to becoming furious in a second, jumping up from the porch steps and hurling all of the documents across the air and scattering them across the lawn. “Stupid hidden planet!” He began stomping all over the papers, putting nasty footprints on them and tearing some of them to pieces. “Stupid me! I can’t believe I chickened out like that! How could I be such a stupid coward?!?!” Mac noticed some small, thin, pencil-sized, crystal object that was lying on the sidewalk and kicked it in a fit of anger, sending it flying across the air and hitting someone on the head.

“Like…OUCH!!!” Someone exclaimed, with a beatnik type of voice, and Mac got a little worried, fearing that he might’ve seriously injured someone. He ran in the direction that he kicked the object in, jumping over the fence and finding a teenaged character sitting on the sidewalk, rubbing his head in pain. The teenager closely reflected the late 1960s time era, particularly in his clothes, which consisted of a green t-shirt, bell-bottom pants, lanky and bushy brown hair, and a rough goatee. He was pretty much a modern-day hippie that was still living in the 60s.

“I’m so sorry about that. I…” Mac said, and he stopped when he recognized the beatnik, especially his pet (a brown-furred Great Dane with black spots) appeared next to him. “Wait a sec! Shaggy?!” The beatnik smiled at Mac, just as the Great Dane jumped on Mac and licked his face, making Mac laugh a little. “And Scooby-Doo, too!!”

“Like, I wish I can say I’m happy to see ya, Mac,” Shaggy said, and he groaned as he rubbed his fingers through his bushy hair, “But the lump on my head is keeping me from being happy. Oh!”

“I’m really sorry about that, Shag.” Mac said, as Scooby-Doo jumped off of him. “I was looking over these notes that I’d found in the old Metropolis observatory, and I…” Mac stopped in mid-sentence again to look around for someone or something. “Hey, if you here in Metropolis, then that could only mean that my good, old cousin is here as well, right?”

“Velma?” Shaggy said, and he chuckled. “She’s over there with Fred and Daphne, talking to Big Bird.”

“Really rig rird.” Scooby said, just before he let out a big chuckle.

“You got that right, Scoob. Big Bird is a lot bigger in person.” Shaggy said. “Hey, Mac, did you know that Big Bird knows Superman personally?”

“So he tell us.” said Mac, who seemed non-impressed. “You know a lot of people know Superman personally, mostly because he saves a lot of butts everyday.”

“Well, Big Bird’s story is different.” Shaggy said. “He says that he has known Superman since he was a teenager himself.” Mac seemed to have suddenly gained some true admiration in Big Bird’s claim. “Isn’t that something else? The only person I figured would know Superman in that way would be his own mother…that is, if he has one.” As Shaggy spoke, Mac looked down on the ground, spotting the object that he kicked and picking it up; it was at that moment when he got a little confused. That crystal was nowhere near the mansion or any other part of Sesame Street until the moment that he angrily threw the documents down on the ground.

“Where did this come from?” Mac uttered, and when Scooby and Shaggy noticed how he was glancing at the object that hit Shaggy in the head, Shaggy just laughed and Scooby stared at him oddly.

“Oh, don’t worry about what happened, Mac.” Shaggy said. “I get conked on the head all of the time. Just ask Scoob here.” Scooby smiled and nodded in agreement with that fact, just as Fred Jones, Daphne Blake, and Velma Dinkley (the other members of Mystery Inc.) arrived at the scene, with one of the most popular characters in the neighborhood, Big Bird. Unexpectedly, Velma scooped Mac up off the ground, nearly making him drop the crystal in his hands, and gave him a big hug.

“How’s my precious little cousin doing today?” Velma asked, with a smile.

“I’m fine.” Mac replied. “Now will you put me down? I’m right in the middle of solving an important mystery right now.”

“Aw, isn’t that cute?” Daphne said. “He’s got a mystery on his little hands.”

“I guess that urge to solve mysteries just runs in the family, doesn’t it, Velma?” Fred queried, and Velma blushed as she set Mac back down on the ground.

“That’s the crazy thing about genetics,” Velma said, “You never know who else might have the same love of things that you have.” Mac was a little annoyed by how much of a baby the Mystery Inc. gang was treating him, which was a bit common, considering the fact that they had known him since he was an infant (and they were known as the “Scooby-Doo Detective Agency”).

“What kind of mystery are you trying to solve, Mac?” Big Bird asked.

“A couple of weeks ago, while I was visiting the old observatory that once stood outside the city, I discovered these really old notes in this drawer.” Mac said, as he led them back to the mansion’s front yard, where Bloo (Mac’s imaginary friend) was making paper airplanes out of the documents that Mac scattered all over the yard, much to Mac’s displeasure. “Bloo! What’re you doing?!?!”

“What?” Bloo said, as he threw the last paper airplane that he made across the air, making it do a complete loop right into his face. “I just found these papers lying all over the yard, with no one even bothering to pick them up, so I figured that I just, you know, make some neat airplanes. See?” Bloo revealed some of the paper planes that he made, which he had perfectly formed into models of actual planes.

“Now there’s one creative imaginary friend!” Shaggy exclaimed, and Bloo gave him a confident look.

“That’s what I’ve been telling everyone, ever since I moved in.” Bloo uttered.

“Bloo!” yelled an angry Mac. “These papers were not for making airplanes!”

“Then what are they for?” Bloo asked.

“They were notes on a hidden planet that’s beginning to form in our solar system!” Mac shouted, and Big Bird & the Mystery Inc. gang were stunned by that news.

“Hidden planet?!” They exclaimed, just before Velma picked up one of the paper airplanes and unfolded it reveal some strange writings on the sheet. She recognized the writings, which were almost alien, and grinned a little.

“Cousin, it looks like you’ve found more than just notes on a hidden planet.” Velma said. “If I’m right, and I almost always am, then you may be uncovering one of the biggest phenomenons that our universe has to offer.”

“What’re you saying, Velma?” Mac asked.

“I’m saying that whoever documented these notes probably discovered a new Kryptonian planet that has been evolving in our galaxy for centuries.” Velma informed. “Mac…you might’ve not only found out where Superman could be, you probably discovered a new civilization of Kryptonians in our own solar system!” Until that moment, Mac knew that the discovery was huge; but now it seemed that it had become extraordinarily colossal.

“Is that all?” uttered Bloo, who was the only one that didn’t seem too impressed over the discovery and just rolled his eyes in disgust. “I expected something bigger than that, like the cure for cancer or something.”

“Bloo.” Mac uttered, with a shocked look on his face.

“Yeah, buddy?”

“Shut up.”

END OF CHAPTER THREE​