Sesame, DC: The Superman at the End of This Story

muppetwriter

Reaction score
With Superman Returns coming close to being released, it's about time I added some serious twists to this tale.:smile:

Chapter Five​

A lot of the Sesame Street residents gathered by Hooper’s Store later in the evening as Mac shared his discovery with everyone else, including Oscar the Grouch, who seemed to have been packing his bags at the moment for a trip he was taking to Gotham City with Count von Count. Everyone was so intrigued by Mac’s discovery of the new Kryptonian planet that they helped him in his research over the observatory notes, using every bit of knowledge that they had concerning astronomy, Krypton, and any other information that Superman provided the world with. Even Goo-Goo Gaga, a fast-talking girl with a hyperactive imagination, offered to help the group in their research.

“I’d always known that Superman wasn’t the only survivor of his home planet of Krypton; though I wouldn’t expect that Kryptonians could create their own planet like they are now.” Goo said, as she was rapidly glancing over a folder filled with notes, not really paying close attention to what she was reading. “But if Superman and his Kryptonian family has the power to create new planets, does that mean we can create planets of our own to? I mean, the world can create imaginary friends, and they’ll pop up out of nowhere like mosquitoes in a bog during the middle of the summer. But does that mean we can use the power of our imaginations to create a brand-spankin’ new world inhabited by imaginary friends?”

“Oh, will you clam it?!?!” exclaimed Oscar, who was the only one out of the group that had the grouchiness to silence the overly excited girl. “I don’t know why you all are so fixed on some stupid planet that you hardly know anything about! And you’re wastin’ your time tryin’ to find out more about it, if ya ask me, which I’m glad you didn’t, because I don’t wanna be a part of this at all!”

“Oscar, it’s important that we find out more about this planet, because it might lead us to discover where Superman could’ve gone.” Maria stated.

“Yeah, Oscar.” Big Bird said. “Don’t you want to know where Superman had gone?”

“You already know the answer to that one, turkey.” Oscar remarked, as he threw his ragged, tacky brown suitcase into the back of his beat-up car, the Sloppy Jalopy, along with some of the luggage that Count was taking with him. “Wherever the old boy scout went is none of my business or any of yours for that matter! If he’s gone, he’s gone!”

“Hey, what’s your problem anyway, Meyer?” Bloo asked, and Oscar always got even grouchier when Bloo messed up his name like that. If there was anyone on Sesame Street that annoyed him more than Big Bird, Telly, Elmo, or anyone else, it was most definitely Bloo.

“The name’s Oscar, ya walkin’ blanket!” He yelled. “And my problem is that while everyone else in Metropolis has learned to forget about the so-called Man of Steel, you guys keep talking about him like he’s still here.”

“Well, that’s because he is still here, Oscar.” Big Bird said, and he pointed to his yellow feathery chest. “He’s right here in our hearts, just like Mr. Looper.”

“Coco. Coco. Coco. Coco.” Coco corrected Big Bird.

“Oh, yeah, that’s right.” Big Bird said. “I meant Mr. Hooper.”

“Well, there’s a big difference between the two, bird-brain!” Oscar exclaimed. “The difference being that Superman left us for no reason at all! Now, you tell me, what kind of superhero that has protected us from things like nuclear rockets and outlaws from Krypton just ditches us for no reason? He’s gone, I tell ya! And he ain’t ever comin’ back either!” The others wanted to think that Oscar was wrong in what he was saying, but it frightened them to realize that the grouch may have had a point. It was silent for a while, as the Count had arrived at the scene, carrying the last suitcase that he was bringing with him on his trip with Oscar.

“I cannot vait ‘til ve go back to Gotham City!” Count said, with a chuckle. “So many buildings vith so many floors that I vould just love to count all the day long!”

“You’re not countin’ nothin’ as long as I’m there with ya.” Oscar said. “You don’t want to stir up another mess similar to one we got involved in during our last trip, do ya?”

“Of course not.” Count said. “But if I cannot count vhile ve’re on the trip, then I’ll just pay a visit to my friend, Bruce Wayne.” When the others heard Count mention a friendship that he had with Bruce Wayne, their minds had gone off of Superman for a brief moment and focused on Count—Mr. Herriman seemed to be the one that was most interested.

“I do say, Master Count, you know Bruce Wayne? One of the most brilliant and sophisticated gentlemen in that dreadful excuse of a city known as Gotham?” Herriman asked, and Count smiled brightly.

“Yes.” Count replied. “I find his admiration of bats most intriguing of all his characteristics.”

“What I don’t get is why he never shows a bit of interest over the Batman, whenever people start talking about him.” Oscar said. “Now there’s a real hero…the Batman! Never smiles, never asks anyone how there day is doin’, and he always keeps to himself!”

“Yeah, that sounds a lot like someone we know.” Mac said, glaring at Oscar, who just took his anger towards him as a good thing.

“And the Batman never leaves his fans wonderin’ where he’s gone.” Oscar said, and that comment from the grouch left Mac wondering if the studying that he had his friends doing for him really was all just a waste of time. The interest that he had in the new planet was beginning to cease, just the same as his hope in finding the missing hero known as Superman. “Well, Count, we better get to Gotham before sunrise.”

“Uh, don’t you mean before sundown, Oscar?” Luis asked, while indicating the sun that was setting in the sky.

“Gotham is usually at its grouchiest at night.” Oscar told Luis. “Watching one person scream at another or people throwin’ garbage in the streets is almost as beautiful as watching fireworks in the sky.”

“Well, we hope you guys have fun in Gotham…if you can.” Gordon said.

“Fun?” Oscar said. “In Gotham, we’re gonna be havin’ a blast!” And with that, Oscar and Count hopped into the Sloppy Jalopy and drove away from the neighborhood, leaving a trail of nasty, black smoke coming out from the exhaust pipe. The others coughed as the smoke billowed their way; and when it had cleared, the Sloppy Jalopy had disappeared and the Foster’s bus had appeared, along with a small yellow Volkswagen that was driven by Bob. Mac reacted to their arrival in surprise.

“Frankie, Bert, Ernie, and Bob are back from the Daily Planet!” Mac exclaimed, turning to the others with a cautious look. “Now, remember…you can’t tell Bert, Ernie, and Bob about what we’ve learned today.”

“Why can’t we let them in on our discovery?” Fred asked him.

“Si.” Eduardo said. “Senorita Frankie, Senor Bert, Senor Ernie, and Senor Bob are a part of our barrio just like everybody else.”

“Because if we tell them, then they’ll have no choice but to tell all of Metropolis and the rest of the world as well, since it’s their duty as reporters to do so.” Mac said. “I don’t think any of us are ready to let the world in on our discovery. So, everybody please keep a lid on things. You got that…Bloo?” Mac looked towards Bloo with suspicious eyes, which offended Bloo a little.

“Oh, please, Mac.” He said. “Ya think I’m gonna be a clumsy ox and just blabber about the whole thing in front of them for no reason? You really think I’m that weak?” Mac just looked at Bloo for a long moment, with his arms crossed and still looking at Bloo suspiciously. Bloo sighed, rolling his eyes in annoyance. “I won’t tell Frankie, Bert, or Bob about the new planet, okay?”

“Aren’t you forgetting someone?” Mac asked.

“Oh, come onnnn!!!” Bloo exclaimed. “Like Ernie would ever accidentally tell someone a big secret like that.”

“A big secret like what?” Someone asked, and they all turned their heads to see the four characters, as they had approached them. Mac began to get a little nervous. It was always hard for him to hide something from his closest friends; but with the other Sesame Street neighbors by his side, it should’ve been that hard.

“That…uh…you guys are now reporters for the best Metropolitan newspaper in the world!” Maria exclaimed, and they all applauded Bert, Ernie, and Frankie; but they soon stopped once Bob stepped up and raised his hands up to them.

“Well, at least two of them were able to get in.” Bob said, and once they all noticed the disappointed and angered look on Frankie Foster’s face, they knew right off that she didn’t get the job.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Mac said. “Frankie knows just about everything there is about journalism, even more than I do. How could they reject her like that and take—no offense, guys—Ernie and Bert instead?”

“You wanna know why they didn’t accept my application, Mac?” Frankie said, trying desperately not to blow up in front of her friends. “Because they don’t believe someone who works at an adoption company for made-up characters wouldn’t qualify for a position at a big newspaper business, where you work with real people.”

“What?!” Everyone yelled, offended and surprised all at the same time.

“I’m sorry, but that’s just discrimination at its worst right there!” Wilt remarked. “I mean, what do they take us for? Mutants?”

“Mr. White is very strict about the people who are either working or want to work for the Daily Planet.” Bob said. “Bert and Ernie were lucky enough to get in for Bert’s strong, serious dedication to journalism and Ernie’s laid back attitude, which is sure to provide a much calmer work environment.”

“Looks like I’m stuck just doing fifty thousands chores at the mansion.” Frankie uttered, just as Mr. Herriman hopped up next to her and placed a paw over her shoulder for comfort.

“There, there, Miss Francis.” He said, sincerely. “You’ll only have twenty chores to do this week.” Frankie glared at Herriman, wanting so desperately to punch the imaginary rabbit right in the face but kept herself from doing so.

“Thanks, Mr. H.” She said, sarcastically, and Herriman just smiled, not realizing that he had just been insulted.

“Gosh, Frankie.” Fred said. “That’s really terrible.”

“Yeah, it’s a real bummer, Frankie.” Bloo agreed. “Too bad Mac’s keeping us from telling you guys about the new Kryptonian planet that’s forming in our solar system, otherwise you could get this all off your mind.” The eyes of everyone around Bloo had quickly focused on him, after he blurted out the big secret. While Frankie, Ernie, Bert, and Bob were looking at him in surprise, everyone else was giving him looks that were dirtier than what Oscar could give.

“New planet?” Bert said.

“Forming in our solar system?” Ernie said.

“And it’s Kryptonian?” Bob queried. “Meaning that it could possibly be a planet filled with people like Superman?” Bloo, not realizing that he broke his word about keeping the secret, began telling the four all about it.

“Mac found these really old notes in the Metropolis observatory, just a few weeks ago, before they tore it down.” Bloo said. “And these notes contain information about a planet that’s been forming in our galaxy for centuries. So, Mac looks over these notes for days, until he comes across this crystal that has all of this weird writing on it. And that’s when Velma tells us that it’s Kryptonian and the new planet could possibly be where Superman is now. Cool, huh?” The area had gotten deathly quiet, after Bloo finished explaining everything. There were people that were angry, surprised, happy, or bewildered that Bloo had revealed everything to Bob, Ernie, Bert, and Frankie.

“Man, and I thought I talked too much.” Goo uttered, just before Frankie started snickering and then chuckling. And once that chuckling turned into uncontrollable screams of laughter, everyone just stared at her, as if she had gone completely insane.

“Uh, Frankie?” Mac said. “Are you…?”

“Mad?!” Frankie shouted, and that’s when she stopped laughing and gave Mac a furious look. “Yes, Mac. I’m totally mad! I’m mad because you hid some information from me that was so valuable to my position at the Daily Planet that I could doing a story right now on the whereabouts of the Man of Steel!!!” No one on Sesame Street had ever seen someone go completely berserk like Frankie was that moment. It was almost unnatural for any Sesame Street resident (with the exception of Oscar the Grouch) to become that upset. “You are so unbelievable, Mac! I mean, we do everything for you! We keep your best and only imaginary friend from getting adopted, so long as you can come every day of the week with your little happy attitude and your little smart head—which doesn’t seem so smart anyone, now that you’ve cost me a job at the Planet!! I mean…what do you want from us, kid?! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?!” Mac had felt like crying, and the tears were on the verge of streaming from his eyes and down his face; but he was more angry than sad.

“I only wanted to make everyone happy,” Mac said, “But that might as well be impossible with Superman being gone and everyone moving on without him! This city has lost so much respect that we think more about ourselves than we do each other! I only kept this secret from you, Frankie, because I felt like I needed more time to study up on things, just so you could have a solid story for the Planet.”

“Well, there’s isn’t going to be a story now, seeing as how I’m not going to be a reporter!” Frankie snapped.

“It isn’t Mac’s fault that you didn’t get the job, Frankie.” Velma uttered. “He was only thinking about what was right for everyone.” Mac looked down at his feet and sighed; his anger was starting to decrease.

“None of this is right, Velma.” Mac said. “I should’ve never discovered this stupid planet that night at the observatory.”

“Stupid?!” Daphne exclaimed in surprise. “But, Mac, this is where Superman could probably be right now; you said that yourself. You couldn’t possibly believe this is all just a waste of time.”

“It is a waste of time, Daphne!” Mac yelled, his anger returning. “Oscar was right! Superman ditched us for no reason at all, and he’s never going to come back!” Everyone, including Frankie (who was starting to feel bad about screaming at Mac), was shocked to hear those words come out of the child’s mouth.

“You…You don’t really mean that, cousin.” Velma said, showing somewhat of a smile.

“Yeah, Mac.” Bloo said, grabbing all of the notes and showing them to Mac. “What about the new planet? We could make a fortune with this kind of information, man!”

“Forget about it!!!” Mac shouted, slapping the notes out of Bloo’s hands and causing them to scatter all over the ground. “I don’t ever want to hear about it again! In fact, everyone just leave me alone altogether!!!” With that being said, Mac ran away from his friends, crying as he headed away from the neighborhood. It was at that moment when Frankie had really felt disappointed with herself for hurting Mac’s feelings. She knew that it wasn’t his fault that she didn’t get the job that she had dreamt of having at the Daily Planet, and she also knew that he was only doing what was best by keeping the big secret from her.

“Oh, man. What’ve I done?” Frankie murmured, just before she started chasing after Mac, calling out his name as she entered a section of the neighborhood that had become very dark, with the sun now gone. Due to the dark atmosphere, she accidentally bumped into a few trashcans, and she couldn’t tell if she was walking down a sidewalk or walking into a pitch-black alleyway. But, luckily, a streetlight had kicked on just in time, helping her see that she was still on the sidewalk. Unfortunately, she also saw a gagged and tied-up Mac, as he was lying down on the ground and moaning with fear. “Mac?” That was the last thing Frankie uttered, just as an ice cold hand went over her mouth; and the last thing she had seen was a trench-coated figure approaching Mac, as their kidnappers blindfolded her.

END OF CHAPTER FIVE​

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good good stuff here Sean. Emotions running high and a bit of creepiness at the end.

But there are two little things...
1 Seems you fell into the trap of calling the Dark Knight "The Batman", when just "Batman" would suffice.
2 Bob driving the little yellow VW? If this is taking place after FTB!, then that VW was fixed up and painted a powder sky blue. And it belongs to Gordon and Susan, not sure if it'd be Bob's regular mode of transportation.
Other than that, good stuff and I await more.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
But there are two little things...
1 Seems you fell into the trap of calling the Dark Knight "The Batman", when just "Batman" would suffice.
2 Bob driving the little yellow VW? If this is taking place after FTB!, then that VW was fixed up and painted a powder sky blue. And it belongs to Gordon and Susan, not sure if it'd be Bob's regular mode of transportation.
Well, Oscar might be the only one who will notify him as "The Batman", while everyone else (including Count von Count) will call him just "Batman". I feel that Oscar should add the "the" as a sense of respectivity for such a dark, brooding character that he can relate to.

And I figured that I'd just let Bob have a new car that looked similiar to the one Gordon and Susan had in FTB! before Cookie Monster tore it up and forced them to repair it. Let's just hope that Cookie doesn't get that old appetite back, if he takes a ride in Bob's car.:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Can understand that. Just a bit annoyed of how they played it up as "The Batman" instead of just Batman in the Kids WB promos.
Hope for more soon.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Okay. Tomorrow (or should I say Wednesday)....Superman Returns! Today....Kermit interviews some more cameos!:smile:

Chapter Six​

“Hi-ho! Kermit the Frog here for another round of interviews that deal with the anniversary of Superman’s disappearance. We’re going all over Metropolis to ask people exactly what they think of Superman being gone for four years now.” Kermit said, as the camera panned back to reveal another news reporter (a female one wearing a yellow jumpsuit and looked very beautiful) standing next to Kermit. “And here with me at this time is a good friend of mine from Channel Six, Miss April O’Neil, who has also been asking questions concerning the Man of Steel and has come to help this amphibious reporter in his interviews.”

“Thank you, Kermit.” April said.

“Don’t mention it.” Kermit remarked. “In fact, I bet this isn’t the first time that you’ve stood this close to an amphibian.” April knew what Kermit meant by that, but she pretended as if she didn’t in front of their viewers.

“Uh…w-what do you mean, Kermit?” She asked.

“Oh, come on.” Kermit said. “It’s not like we haven’t been hearing about your ‘relationship’ with the team that calls themselves the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for about a year now.” April was chuckling nervously; she knew that the frog only brought her on the air was to talk about superheroes that were green and wore shells (not capes).

“Um, Kermit?” April said, nervously. “Why don’t we just focus on Superman and not the Turtles?” Kermit noticed the cold stare that she was giving him, and he got the message that April’s affairs with the Turtles was personal business.

“Uh, okay.” Kermit said. “Well, then, I have to only ask what do you think about the disappearance of Superman, April?”

“Well, the truth is—and the city of Metropolis might kill me for saying this—I’m not much of an admirer of Superman.” April said.

“I think that was obvious to some folks out there.” Kermit uttered, just as April gave him a dirty look. “Er…continue.”

“As I was saying, I really feel bad that he’s been away from our world for so long, and I find it shocking how much a lot of the population have moved on and completely forgotten all about him.” April said. “Just the other day, I interviewed a mother of four children, and I asked the youngest of her children—the kid had to be no more than five years old—if he thought Superman was a terrific hero. And you know what he said?”

“What’s that?” Kermit asked.

“Who’s Superman?” April replied, and both her and Kermit just shook their heads in despair. “I mean, there are some people that have lost so much respect for him that they’re making sure that our next generation doesn’t even know who he is…or was.”

“I know what you mean.” Kermit said. “And the only thing we can do now is to remind them what he was all about and what he stood for as a true American hero by interviewing people that love him and knew him personally.”

“Yeah,” April said, “But if we both want to accomplish that task, then you’re gonna have to interview people better than who you’ve been interviewing over the past weeks.”

“What’s wrong with the people that I’ve been interviewing?” Kermit asked, and April didn’t want to criticize such a respected reporter like Kermit, which was why she turned to the camera and made a request to the operators.

“Can we roll the footage of Kermit’s most recent interview, please?” April asked, and before Kermit could attempt to cancel that request, the crew aired the footage of Kermit interviewing the most popular Looney Tunes character (as well as one of the members of the ACME Detective Agency), Bugs Bunny, who he seemed to have had a history with.

“Well, Bugs, you know that the both of us have grown up in a nursery, reading about some of the greatest superheroes our world has ever gotten to know.” Kermit said. “Heck, there were times when we even pretended that we were superheroes ourselves.”

“Actually, you were the one that was doin’ all of the pretendin’, doc.” Bugs contradicted. “I was too busy tryin’ to sneak some carrot cake out of the kitchen, without Granny or Nanny noticin’ me.”

“That’s one thing that I have to point out in this interview: your way of getting something without being spotted.” Kermit said. “You’re practically a spy, Bugs; but you use your talents for a greater cause, like the ACME Detective Agency.”

“Ya got that right.” Bugs remarked.

“And I understand it that you guys at ACME have been doing some heavy research on Superman’s whereabouts.” Kermit mentioned. “So have you come up with anything recently?”

“I can answer that question!” Someone off-camera yelled, and before Bugs and Kermit knew it, Daffy Duck had appeared at the scene, carrying a white sheet of paper in his black feathery hands. Neither Kermit nor Bugs expected the quirky, overly confident duck to steal their airtime.

“Uh…ladies and gentlemen,” Kermit said, “Another ACME detective has just popped up here, and his name is…”

“Don’t need an introduction, Kermit.” Daffy interjected. “The world should already know who I am; and if they don’t, then they’ve been watchin’ too much Disney Channel!”

“Daffy, aren’t ya supposed to be back at headquarters, doing some research?” Bugs asked, with an irritated look on his face.

“Ah, but I have completed my research and came across some information that you two and everyone else around the world will be happy to hear.” Daffy said.

“Uh, does it have anything to do with Superman?” Kermit queried, and Daffy gave him a big smile.

“Very much so.” Daffy replied, and he raised the sheet of paper high in the air. “Here in my hands is the answer to the question that people have been asking for four years: where has Superman gone? Not even Duck Dodgers could’ve foreseen such magnificent information as this!”

“There goes your imaginary superhero, frog.” Bugs whispered to Kermit, just before he attempted to snatch the sheet of paper away from Daffy. “Let me see that.” Daffy abruptly moved the paper away from Bugs, not allowing him to lay one gloved finger on it.

“Oh, no, you don’t!” Daffy exclaimed. “If there’s one character that I would want reading such important information, it’s our buddy Kermit here.” Kermit reacted in surprise; he was a little honored that a mere news reporter like him was allowed to be involved in such a great moment.

“Me? But…I-I’m not an ACME detective like you guys.” He said.

“But you are the biggest news reporter in Metropolis, and only the biggest reporter in Metropolis is important enough to see information this vital.” Daffy said, and he gave the sheet of paper to Kermit.

“Uh, alright.” Kermit said. “But I still think you should’ve gone to the mayor or even the president about this first.” Kermit glanced at the sheet of paper and made a strange face afterwards, looking back at Daffy and then back at the sheet. “Uh, Mr. Duck?”

“Please, Kermit. You, Bugs, and I have been friends for ages.” Daffy said. “Call me ‘Daffy’.”

“I ought to, after showing me something like this.” Kermit remarked.

“What do you mean?” Bugs asked, and Kermit handed the sheet to Bugs, who looked at it and became furious. “Daffy! Has Wakko, Yakko, and Dot been foolin’ around with the Xerox machine again?”

“WHAT?!” Daffy screamed, snatching the paper away from Bugs and looking at it to see a picture of three red-nosed children that looked somewhat like dogs, making strange faces as they were pressed up against the glass. Like Bugs and Daffy, these very animated children were ACME detectives, but they were the zaniest detectives anyone will ever find. They went by the names Yakko (the oldest, who was a fast-talking smart aleck), Wakko (the middle child, who had a huge appetite and a gaggy bag filled with tricks and a scouse accent), and Dot (the youngest, who was cute and sassy, using her apparent innocence to manipulate and torment those who stand in her way). “I told those crazy kids thousands of times to stay away from that machine!” That’s when the photo of Yakko, Wakko, and Dot came to life, as the three of them jumped out of the paper and stood in person with Bugs, Daffy, and Kermit.

“Actually, ya told us only three times to stay away from the Xerox.” Yakko said. “And I think you guys better take a look at it when you get back to headquarters, because Wakko was eating a salami and blueberry cheesecake, and…uh…let’s just say it wasn’t a pretty sight.”

“I don’t care about the Xerox machine!” exclaimed a frustrated Daffy. “What happened to the information about Superman’s whereabouts that I had printed a moment ago?!?!”

“You mean this?” Dot asked, as she held up a sheet of paper that was crinkled up and covered in a mixture of whipped cream, shreds of salami meat, and traces of blueberry. Daffy stared at the paper in shock; he tried to read the words that were printed on the paper, but the stains on the paper had washed away the ink, making it impossible to read. “Told ya it wasn’t a pretty sight.”

“What have you done?!” Daffy yelled. “You’ve just ruined four years worth of research, with a stupid cheesecake that was made in only two minutes!!”

“Look on the bright side, Daffy,” Bugs said, “By the time ya do find out where Superman is, he’ll probably be back from wherever he left to.”

“And the brighter side is that you’ll have us there with you to redo the research!” Dot added.

“And the brightest side is that you can tell everyone that you had your Warner buddies help you find Superman, which couldn’t be more ironic enough, considering that the real Warner Bros. are the ones that lost him in ’87.” Yakko said.

“Swell.” Daffy uttered, with a frown on his face, while Wakko took the stained sheet of paper that was in his hands and ate it up. As the Warner sibling was enjoying his meal, the previously recorded footage had switched back to the scene that was currently being filmed with April and an embarrassed Kermit.

“Well, uh…I’ll admit that interview was a little awkward.” Kermit said. “But what do you expect from a muppet?”

“That’s true.” April said. “But, still, I would think that the best people you could interview about Superman are the journalists at the Daily Planet.” Kermit pondered over that idea, and he admitted that it sounded good to him, especially since one of the best Planet reporters, Lois Lane, was very close to the Man of Steel before he left.

“That’s not a bad idea, April.” Kermit said. “In fact, I’d think something like that would boost up a couple of ratings for Channel Seven.” April smiled, happy that she was able to help out the frog; but then she frowned, once she realized that she was helping more than just Kermit.

“Uh…it would?” She asked.

“Well, yeah.” Kermit replied. “If a great television reporter like me goes out and interviews a great newspaper reporter like Lois Lane, then that’s sure to grab the attention of several viewers, not just in Metropolis, but all over the world!”

“It…would?” April murmured, nervously.

“Wow!” Kermit exclaimed, as he turned to the camera, while April kept her eyes directly on the frog. “Ladies and gentlemen, stay tuned to this station over the week, because we’ll soon have the interview that you all will be just waiting to see. Kermit the Frog goes one-on-one with Lois Lane! Wow! Thanks for the idea, April! See ya around!” Kermit walked away from the set in excitement, leaving the camera to focus on a worried April O’Neil, who looked to the camera and pleaded.

Uh, Mr. Thompson?” She said. “If you’re watching this right now…don’t fire me…please?”

END OF CHAPTER SIX​

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's good... Though...
1 Isn't Superman been gone for four years, not three since it's the 4th anniversary since he left?
2 Instead of "went to the mayor", it should be "gone to the mayor".
3 Instead of "most zaniest" when describing the Warner Siblings, it should be just "zaniest".

Now for the chapter and character cross-overs...
Since it was just April O'Neil, then I'm OK cause she is after all a cartoon hottie/cutie. Though personally, I'd've steered clear of any turtle references. Just don't like that franchise for personal reasons.
The scenes with the Looney Tunes were well-done, keeping in character. Not sure if it should be implied that they were both at the same nursery when they were little. That'd make it necessary to rewrite the scene in And Then He'll Stand With... where Xavier and Magneto visit the Muppet Babies? And Looney Babies is kind of a knock-off on MB, but without much of the video clip/grownup references or humor.
Also, not sure if they should be part of the Acme Detective Agency... Given that they were all humans in the animated series, except for CHIEF the computarized information dispenser. Of course, you can name your detective however you want (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Bugz Buhnny, Daff E. Dukk, etc.)
But the overall storyline's coming across OK... Just some observations.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
It's good... Though...
1 Isn't Superman been gone for four years, not three since it's the 4th anniversary since he left?
2 Instead of "went to the mayor", it should be "gone to the mayor".
3 Instead of "most zaniest" when describing the Warner Siblings, it should be just "zaniest".
Made the corrections for #'s 2 and 3, but couldn't make any corrections for #1 because I'd already said that he's been gone for three years earlier on in the story. I thought that I read someplace that he's been gone for three, but it turns out that he's been gone for five.:embarrassed:

So, in this continuity, he'll be gone for three.

The Count said:
Now for the chapter and character cross-overs...
Since it was just April O'Neil, then I'm OK cause she is after all a cartoon hottie/cutie. Though personally, I'd've steered clear of any turtle references. Just don't like that franchise for personal reasons.
The scenes with the Looney Tunes were well-done, keeping in character. Not sure if it should be implied that they were both at the same nursery when they were little. That'd make it necessary to rewrite the scene in And Then He'll Stand With... where Xavier and Magneto visit the Muppet Babies? And Looney Babies is kind of a knock-off on MB, but without much of the video clip/grownup references or humor.
Also, not sure if they should be part of the Acme Detective Agency... Given that they were all humans in the animated series, except for CHIEF the computarized information dispenser. Of course, you can name your detective however you want (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Bugz Buhnny, Daff E. Dukk, etc.)
But the overall storyline's coming across OK... Just some observations.
Yeah, the appearance by April O'Neil was an idea I had after thinking about whether or not I should put the TMNT in the next Muppets/Spidey story that'll connect with Spider-Man 3. I wanted to see if anyone would agree to that idea, but I'll steer away from crossovers with the Turtles, since there could be some others besides Count that may not be fond of them.

And I think it'd be okay if Kermit grew up in the same nursery with Bugs and Daffy, since the continuity of this storyline is set apart from the one set up in "The MARVELOUS Muppets" (Kermit being a television news reporter in "Sesame, DC", while being a newspaper reporter of the Daily Bugle in "TMM"). And it's also okay to have the Looney Tunes and the Animaniacs be a part of the ACME Detective Agency, because I decided not to base any Carmen references on the animated series from the 90s, which means no Zack, Ivy, or even the Chief in this story. Though, I might use these characters for a future Muppets/Carmen Sandiego crossover.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... OK then. Would be better if you could shift from Marvel to DC and back with an easier transition... But it's your fic to write as you think best.
As for the anniversary, just makes sense he's been gone for four years if it's the 4th anniversary of his leaving Earth. Oh well, a minor glitch...
Just hoping for more story to get posted soon.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
The Count said:
As for the anniversary, just makes sense he's been gone for four years if it's the 4th anniversary of his leaving Earth. Oh well, a minor glitch...
Actually, it was a major glitch!:eek:

You were right, Count. It's supposed to be the fourth anniversary, and I almost said third, when I clearly said earlier on in the story that it's the fourth. My bad!:embarrassed: I changed it though, so everything's cool.:big_grin:

The next chapter of the story may be the one that'll lead straight into the events of Superman Returns, as I bring some characters into the town of Smallville.