Sesame Song about Pockets

Mister Fred

Reaction score
"Pockets song / skit"

truth 66,
I will be seeing that customer this week and hopefully she has the video tape of sesame street with the pockets song on it. Last time I saw her, I asked her what she remembered about it and she said the woman that signing (Marlyin Sokol) had short black hair and glasses & was the woman wearing the tan jacket in the first scene. I don't remember seeing anyones face in any of the scenes except the boy combing his hair. She also remembers the woman wearing the white sweater with her hands in the pockets. What did your co worker remember if anything. Keep asking as will I & we will find out

truth66

Reaction score
"Pockets" Song/Skit

Mister Fred,

The receptionist at my work vaguely remembers the song, but doesn't recall the lyrics or scenes...bummer! I keep wracking my brain trying to remember other scenes from the skit or elaborate on ones already listed, but I'd be guessing at best. I can't wait to get this on tape so I can see it for the first time in about 25 years. I hope your customer truly has it. Please keep me posted.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
"Pockets" song / skit

truth 66,
The customer was not at home yesterday but I will try again next Friday. This is our best chance. You are correct that almost nobody remembers this song. You just have to ask around cause someone does.
I listened to that song on that site you mentioned and like you said that is NOT the song we are after. You had asked what my wife & I keep in our pockets. I only replied about me. My wife doesn't put that much in her pockets except her keys, garage door button, sometimes money and when she is wearing a coat or a blazer (suit jacket) she has her black leather gloves in her pockets. I love black leather gloves and wear them too! I call them my "Hannibal Smith gloves" (remember that guy from the A-Team; he wore black leather gloves all the time). She has alot of overalls and wears them all the time. She doesn't fill her pockets but she puts her hands in them all the time when she is walking, standing talking to someone or standing looking at something. When I was driving tractor trailer, she fell asleep in the passenger seat and had her hands in her pockets on her jacket. She reminds me of that old schoolteacher that I had except that schoolteacher almost always had her hands in her pockets all the time. I will be going back to driving tractor trailer by the end of this year. Once the new govenor in your state gets the speed limit uniformed to 70 mph for ALL vechicles, (currently it's 70 mph for cars & 55 mph for trrucks which is NOT SAFE) maybe I could stop out in California & deliver this video personally if I can get it. I do not like to drive out to the west coast, I prefer only the east coast & some of the mid west cause it's so hard to adjust to different time zones. But just like Mr. McFeeley "Speedy Delivery to you". I will ask my step mother and anyone else who remembers the pockets song. We will get results!

truth66

Reaction score
San Diego Fires

Mister Fred,

Things are a bit hectic right now! I don't know if you are aware of the San Diego county fires that are blazing right now. Anyway, a few people I know have already lost their homes because of the out of control brush fires. It is a really scary uncertain time right now! Fortunately, where I am is safe and the fires are going east of my place, but ashes and debris have clogged the air and made breathing a bit difficult today. I didn't even go to work becuase it was recommended that all San Diegans stay indoors and off the freeways. Tomorrow should be a little better. If you and your wife are prayful people, please pray that no more people lose their their homes or their lives! 11 people have already been confirmed dead and 357 homes have been destroyed. I appreciate your continued efforts on retreiving the "Pockets" song / skit. My focus has shifted right now on aiding my friends who have lost their homes. Talk to you later!

Mister Fred

Reaction score
truth66,
Iam very,very sorry about the fires in San Diego but I did not know you lived in the area of the fires. I will keep you and your friends in my thoughts. It is very sad & awful to lose a home by fire. Stay safe & help all your friends. I live by a saying "Family First !" I hope all of your friends and you are ok. I have excellent news, that customer has the tape for sure! One of there friends has that tape & a few others and they will get them back this week. After I get it, let me know what you want to do. They also have a few other old episodes of sesame street as well. There kids watch these tapes at night before they go to bed, they are not allowed to watch anything violent on tv. Is there anything else you want from these old tapes? The only other things I really want are all the Don Music segments and the baker falling down the stairs at the end of that counting segment. Oh, I wanted to tell you and this will make you smile, the customers kids watched the tape that has the pockets song on it and the next day, they were signing it! My customer asked them where they learned that and they said it was on there video!
WOW! Oh by the way, I was wrong on my last response when that customer told me about what she remembered about the song & scenes. The woman with short dark hair & glasses was not the one with the tan jacket; she had on a vest with lots of pockets putting things in them.

truth66

Reaction score
"Pockets" Song/Skit

Mister Fred,

The fires in San Diego are just about fully contained. A lot people suffered great loss! But thankfully my friends are okay and I found out that their home didn't actually burn down, but only a tree that was in their yard that they didn't want anyway. The fires were very close but it didn't take their home thank God! Thank you for keeping them and myself in your thoughts. I greatly appreciate it! Anyways, that is so cool that kids from this generation got to see a very old episode of SS with the "Pockets" skit on it...and that they were singing the tune the next day...AMAZING! Just like when we were kids, right? (sigh) Ah, memories! Did your customer tell you any of the lyrics that they sang? Or perhaps some more scenes from the skit? The only other skits I would like to get are the ones where Maria is dressed as Charlie Chaplin. Those always made me laugh! My dad and I used to watch old black and white comedies when I was really young. Things like The Little Rascals, The Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, Charlie Chaplin, etc. I guess that's why I like those skits with Maria dressed as Charlie Chaplin. I still love old screwball comedies to this day. If I could get those episodes, great! If not, that's okay. The "Pockets" song/skit however, is a definite "must have"! Please let me know when you get the tape and then we will talk about how I can get a copy.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
"Pockets" song/skit

truth66,
The only other thing that the customer remembers is a woman with short dark hair curled up on the sides & glasses wearing a vest putting things in the pockets & singing. This must be Marliyn Sokol, the woman who sang the song. The customer remembers all the other scenes we mentioned except the woman with the white sweater putting her hands in her pockets. I will see this customer tommorow & hopefully have the video tape !

truth66

Reaction score
"Pockets" Song/Skit

Mister Fred,

Sunday is my 30th birthday. Where did my 20's go??? I can't believe how old I am getting. I shaved off my goatee the other day because the gray hair is becoming so noticeable now that I can't stand it. The bummer is that my double chin is more noticebale now. I can't win! Anyways, I hope you got the SS episode with the "Pockets" skit on it today. Hopefully you can watch it this weekend and then tell me the highlights. I can't wait to watch it myself. Guaranteed, I'll be wearing my overalls and singing the lyrics out loud. I love being a big kid at heart! It's keeps you feeling young.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
"Pockets"song/skir

truth66,
I have 2 videos the customer gave me. I have to go through ALL the videos to find what one it is. I went through the 2 now and it's not on there. I will get more videos from the customer this week. I will let you know when I find it. I too will be signing along with my overalls on !

truth66

Reaction score
"Pockets" Song/Skit

Mister Fred,

I'm happy to know that you're going to wear your overalls when you watch the episode too. Have I made you an overalls disciple? Ha! Ha! Ha! Just kidding. It only makes sense though, to wear clothing with lots of pockets when you watch a skit about pockets. For me, it will be like being transported back 25 years to my parents living room. This fat little kid sitting on the living room rug in my Osh Kosh B'Gosh overalls right in front of the TV. Just mesmerized by this skit. Is your wife going to wear her overalls and watch/sing the song with you? Because that would be way cool!