1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street Google Doodles

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by dwmckim, Nov 4, 2009.

1. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

To the left of the Google logo is a full-bodied photo of The Count pointing and smiling with delight at the logo which has been completely replaced with Muppet Numbers each with eyes (and rods on the bottom!): 600813 (the three is upside down)
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Aaaaah! THAT GOOGLE DOODLE! I didn't think for a moment that The Count would be used, since there's so many other options, but for him to be used along with NUMBERS on RODS with EYES is genius! Not only that, but is this not the most mutilated we've ever seen the Google Logo?
  3. APRena

APRena New Member

The Count speaks 1337. 101! :D Did anyone guess him?
  4. MuppetMazz

MuppetMazz Member

Here's how I rank them in preference:

1. Count
    2. Oscar
    3. Cookie Monster
    4. Big Bird
    5. Elmo
    6. Bert & Ernie

Looking forward to tomorrow's!
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Man, I love today's logo!
  6. Fluffets

Fluffets New Member

I was dreading Elmo ever since the start, but I really love the others, and it's so fun to mention this stuff at school, especially at I.T today when I was talking a bit about it with Bethanie, who was in front of me, though covered by a computer and the computer I was using, so far Oscar might possibly be my favourite, followed closely by Cookie!:grouchy::insatiable:
  7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So... Has anybody bought 40th anniversary merch to get these Google doodles as T-shirts yet?
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I ain't forkin' money over to Google. I'd just as soon edit the logos in Fireworks and put them on t-shirts myself.
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Actually the 3 is backwards. Its real clever how they made the 3 look like he's facing the other way with the eyes barely seen.

I think this one with the Count is the most creative out of all of the logos so far.
  10. The Count

Feh, Snowths, ya mook... It's not Google we'd be paying. The money and stuff to buy to get the shirts are at Sesame's special online store.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.facebook.com/l/;store.sesamestreet.org/Dept.aspx?cp=21415_21458_23577"

Ima sorely tempted to buy today for the shirt of my namesake... But I dunno, maybe I should hold out till the full cast logo tomorrow?
  11. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

We don't know for sure if it'll be the full cast. But Louis told me that the shot was his and to make sure I see it on Tuesday... so who knows?
  12. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

Well, will we probably never see an all-encompassing 'full cast' photo, but the group shot on Google is nice enough for today.
  13. theprawncracker

14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Awesome! The cast Google logo is cute! I will be looking into getting the t-shirt. It has (left to right) Ernie & Bert, The Count, Rosita, Cookie Monster, Zoe, Oscar with Slimey (but you can barely see him), Elmo, Telly, Grover, Big Bird, Murray and Abby.
  15. The Count

Mmm, a perfect covant or baker's dozen. Yes, I'll look into buying this doodle's shirt with the 40th DVD. So, this, Season 40's premiere, and MuppetCast 135 covering the first ten years. Plenty to keep us celebrating today.
  16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Another great logo!
  17. MuppetMazz

MuppetMazz Member

The shot of Big Bird holding the l in Google makes me wonder something...the rest of those seem to be posers. Is there such a thing as a Big Bird poser or is it just someone wearing the puppet and standing still?
  18. theprawncracker

There is indeed a Big Bird poser. It's just as big as it looks. :wisdom:
  19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Arg! I really REALLY want that Google Doodle on a hoodie or t-shirt. I totally want to see it in high-res aswell, so we can get some of the detail. Come of Skynet...I mean, Google. You KNOW you want to release it in t-shirt form!

LOVE the upside down GROVER!
  20. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I really like it, perfect blend of new and old characters featured. Pretty awesome!