Sesame Street (In the Begining)

Erine81981

Reaction score
Chapter 4

After dinner Gordon showed Bob around the neigborhood. This is was one of thoes days thats seemed that nothing weird was going to happen but what do they know. They just moved there.

"Thanks again for inviting me over for dinner. I had a wonderful time." said Bob looking around at the door that read "vancent."

"That apartment is vancent. If you wanted to move in, you could. It hasn't been used over several years." said Gordon.

"Are you sure about letting me move in?" asked Bob.

"I don't see why not. Me and Susan moved in and no one told us anything. We read in the news paper that there were three vancent rooms. It said that whoever wanted to take over both apartments could." said Gordon.

"Just let me tell my uncle and let him know that I found an apartment." said Bob.

From out of know where a scream was heard from over at 1 2 3 apartments. What could it be? Is there a stranger or has something happend to that big huge egg. Gordon and Bob took off like a lighting bolt.

"Whats wrong dear?" asked Gordon.

"Its in the living room. Go have a look." said Susan who was standing up on a chair.

"Its proubley a mouse or something." said Bob.

"Come on lets go have a look." said Gordon.

As they walk into living room they saw one of the weirdest things they hadn't seen yet. It was one big weird creature. It was the size of a great dane just didn't walk on all four. It stood up on both legs and tried to walk but fell down and started crying.

"Are you seeing what I am seeing?" asked Gordon.

"Yea." said Bob.

About that time Mr. Hooper shows up with a big bottle, some diapers and a bonnet.

"Here you go Susan." said Mr. Hooper.

"Thanks Mr. Hooper." said Susan.

"Harold! Harold!" said Mr. Hooper throwing up his hands.

"Sorry Harold. I'm glad you made it. He's in there with Bob and Gordon." said Susan.

"Who's Bob? Ya'lls new baby." said Mr. Hooper.

"No its Gordon's new friend. Gordon invited him over for dinner. He's a shop teacher."

"Maybe he can help me with a couple of the pictures I want to hang."

When Mr. Hooper and Susan walked into the room he saw one of the funnest things. Gordon and Bob were all snuggled all around the weird creature.

"Ahhh what a cute camera moment." said Susan.

"If only Olivia was here." said Mr. Hooper.

"Did you call?" said a familer voice from the door way.

"Olivia? What a surprise. What you doing here?" asked Susan.

"Just here. I hadn't heard anything from ya'll in a day and just wonder what ya'll were doing." said Olivia.

"Just staring at these two funny looking men. Do you have your camrea on you?" asked Susan.

"As of matter of fact I do. Let me go get it out of the car." said Olivia running out to her car.

We'll another day had past and another weird thing had happened.....again. Whats another day going to bring. Just wait and see.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ooh, me likes and me wants more. Me likes me likes me likes!

BEAR

Reaction score
I can totally picture this as a cool looking idea for a movie. A very retro looking prequel. Like a Kermit's Swamp Years but actually really good.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I agree with Bear, it could definately be a movie prequel! I hope you have more in store for how our other favorite friends come to be on Sesame Street!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
He said he would, and we'll hold him to it. Besides, knowing Kyle... It's probably killin' him waiting to bring in his three fuzzy and blue roomies into the story.
Good job Kyle, but wondering if Granny Bird left that egg on the doorstep on purpose. BTW: Hoping you'll work in how Oscar's Mom's fur turns green like her sonny boy.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Chapter 5

It was the next day. The guys had been asleep all morning. When they awoke they had forgot that they fallen asleep with the big yellow feathered creature.

"Man, what a night." said Gordon streaching his neak from side to side.

"You got that right." agreeed Bob who was streaching his legs and neak.

"How our my two babysitter doing? Did ya'll get enough sleep?" ask Susan pouring a cup of coffee.

"I guess. I had the weirdest dream. I was counting numbers and saying the alphabet." said Gordon drinking.

"And you think thats weird. I dreamed that I had a converstion with a talking frog about what he likes to eat." said Bob yawning.

"Weird?"

The big yellow freathered creature came up to Gordon and then said "Mommy?"

"Uh....yea....sorry not your mommy." said Gordon.

"Come on Gordon. He's only that way because you slept with him." said Susan.

"He's a he now. What is he any way?" asked Gordon.

Just about then Olivia shows up with a bunch of books.

"Where did you get those?" asked Gordon.

"From the librery. Its right over there." said Olivia pointing out the kitchen window.

"Well I'll be. A librery. Never noticed."

"Well I better be going. Thanks again for dinner and for a sleep over. I better get back before uncle has a cow." said Bob.

"Well thanks for coming over and sleeping here too." said Gordon leading Bob out the door.

"We'll have to do this again sometime."

"Do what? Babysit a yellow freathered bird." said Bob.

"Is that what you think it is?" asked Gordon.

"Thats what it looks like to me but never seen one like that." said Bob.

"To me it looks like a dinosaur of some kind but thats me. We'll be seeing you Bob. Oh Bob if you get a chance come over and I'll get you set up with that apartment."

"Ok sounds good to me. See yea." says Bob waving bye.

Bob sees Miss Grouch out and about. Miss Grouch runs right into Bob and doesn't even say excuse me.

"Excuse me?" said Bob.

But Miss Grouch just enored Bob.

"That was one weird thing." Bob thinks a minute and says, "What am I saying? This place is weird."

"I heard that!" said a grouchy face.

"Who said that?" asked Bob.

"I did. Thats my mom you called weird. Apologizes to her." said the grouchy face.

"She ran into me I saw her. She should apologize to me." said Bob in a grouchy mood.

"Stop talking to my son. GET LOST! SCRAM!"

As Bob is walking away he can hear Miss Grouch telling her son something. "What Have I told you about talking to people? There to much nice. There will be no apoziges to me. Get in that box and don't come out untile I tell you. Your grounded."

"But mom....." said the grouchy kid.

"QUIT IT!" yells Miss Grouch going back into the box slaming down the lid.

The sun was going down behind all the buildings it was about to be night time on Sesame Street. Back in the Robinson's house Susan was about to give the freathered creature a bath. "Come here you...you..we haven't given you a name poor thing." Susan picks him up and places him in the tub.

"Susan? Susan?"

"Yes dear? I'm in the bathroo."

"There you are. What are you doing?"

"Giving our baby a bath. He needs it. Look at him. Hes dirty."

"Our baby? What are you talking about?" said Gordon all confused.

Just then Olivia comes into the bathroom with a book that she's reading. "It says here that they can't fly. Poor thing can't fly." *petting his feathery head*

"Hows it going to head to south for the winter? "asked Gorodn chuckling.

"Thats not funny honey. Were going to keep him." said Susan with a stern face.

"Your kidding right?"

"No! He's staying with us. Were going to rasie him like our own. You know we can't have baby."

"Sorry about that honey. I wasn't thinking of you." says Gordon kissing her head.

"So whats his name going ot be?" asked Olivia.

"What is he? We want to name him by what he is. We can't just name something without knowing what he....." said Gordon.

"Ok ok I see your point. It says here he's some kind of "Bigus Canarius." said Olivia.

"So then?" asked Gordon.

"So then what?" said Olivia.

"What is he?" asked Susan.

"A Bigus Canarius." said Olivia.

"What does that mean?"

"Oh sorry you mean..what...oh...funny..thats some kind of bird. He's kind of like an ostrich. They have short wings and long legs and stick their heads..." says Olivia.

"I know what an ostrich is." said Gordon.

'He's so cute." said Olivia.

"You got that right. Aren't you you little bird. LB? Thats sounds good." said Susan.

"LB what?" said Gordon.

"As in his name. LB. Which stands for "Little Bird."

"That sounds ok to me. What about you Olivia?" asked Gordon.

"I don't know. It says here they get to be about 8 feet tall. Now thats one tall bird."

"He's only that high now. It sound funny calling him BB. He's not big he's little." said Gordon.

"Thats final. Your name is LB. Can you say LB?" asked Susan.

"L....B." said Little Bird.

"Thats good. We'll its time for bed." said Susan.

"Come to Auntie Olivia. I'll read you a book."

"Look at that Gordon. Your sister an Aunt."

"I can't believe it and to bird. Weird? Goodnight honey."

"Good Night to you too.* says Susan kissing her husband.

And as the day ended you could hear Olivia reading to LB just before he was nodding off to dream land. What a cute little bird he was too. Good Night everyone. Another day another part of the story comeing soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, a mostly good effort Kyle. Said mostly good, cause there's one part I didn't like. The line where Bob says he'd better get back before his uncle has a cow. Not sure if that'd be an expression back then. But it's your story...

And the reason why "Little" bird would think of Gordon as its mommy is a little thing called imprinting. See, when birds hatch, the first thing they see instantly becomes their mommy to them. Doesn't matter what that thing is, a mommy bird or a cat or a human, it's their mommy and they start imitating what their mommy does.
Hope this helps, and post when the next chapter's ready.

BEAR

Reaction score
Wow. Interesting twist. I thought it would be Big Bird, didn't expect Little Bird. Anyway, don't forget that Little Bird was a girl not a boy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Bear...
1 Me thinks that "Little" bird is how Kyle's refering to Big Bird in his story because of two reasons.
a. It's implied that this is supposed to be Big Bird, but he's just hatched from his egg and very young.
b. Since he's young and not his normal size, I'd imagine Kyle's refering to Big Bird as "Little" Bird for the time being.
2 Regarding Little Bird... There was a thread here where we were discussing LB's gender. We mostly agreed LB was female cause it was voiced by Fran Brille. But that shouldn't be that determining a factor. Male puppeteers have been known to voice female Muppets and vice-versa.
Hope this helps clear up a couple of things.