Sesame Street (In the Begining)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, I too imagine it is Big Bird, but called Little because that adds more mystery, "When will his name change??? Why? How?"

But, the fact he is: "Bigus Canarius" sayis to me, he will be...Big. Also the fact she read they can get to 8 foot tall, lol.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Actually... Bear...
1 Me thinks that "Little" bird is how Kyle's refering to Big Bird in his story because of two reasons.
a. It's implied that this is supposed to be Big Bird, but he's just hatched from his egg and very young.
b. Since he's young and not his normal size, I'd imagine Kyle's refering to Big Bird as "Little" Bird for the time being.
2 Regarding Little Bird... There was a thread here where we were discussing LB's gender. We mostly agreed LB was female cause it was voiced by Fran Brille. But that shouldn't be that determining a factor. Male puppeteers have been known to voice female Muppets and vice-versa.
Hope this helps clear up a couple of things.
Yes, I realize that gender of performer does not determine gender of character. Little Bird IS a girl. I know this. Why else would Big Bird refer to Little Bird as "she".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well OK then. Oh, and Big Bird's height at 8 feet tall is incorrect even by SS standards. There was this episode from the last five seasons shown on Noggin, not sure which one. But Gina was taking measurements of different kids and Big Bird was last, clocking in at 93 inches as stated by Gina and the kids who helped her measure him. 8 feet would be 96 inches, whereas 93 is 7 feet and 9 inches tall.
Of course, Palisades will take all of this into consideration and make one heck of a great action figure regardless.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well OK then. Oh, and Big Bird's height at 8 feet tall is incorrect even by SS standards. There was this episode from the last five seasons shown on Noggin, not sure which one. But Gina was taking measurements of different kids and Big Bird was last, clocking in at 93 inches as stated by Gina and the kids who helped her measure him. 8 feet would be 96 inches, whereas 93 is 7 feet and 9 inches tall.
Of course, Palisades will take all of this into consideration and make one heck of a great action figure regardless.
ah well...3 inches off, right. Yeah, he will look great. Everyone should have one! Now, back to our regularly scheduled program...

Erine81981

Reaction score
Chapter 6

The Next morning showed them the wonders of this street that they lived on. Susan went over to Hooper's Store to pick up some grochies and birdseed. On the way over there she ran into Willy. Willy was the hot dog vendor. An older gentleman. Loved his new job. He had just started his job that morning.

"Hot Dogs? Hot Dogs anyone?" yelled Willy. "Hello there. I'm Willy. How are you doing?"

"Doing fine. I'm Susan. Me and my husband live right over there." said Susan pointing over at the 1 2 3 steps. "What you doing out this early?"

"What? Does no one want a hot dog right now?" said Willy a little wipy.

"Oh no sorry. I was just saying. Most vendors I know start around 11 or 12. I just didn't want you to lose your voice yelling and no one want one until then." said Susan.

"Thanks Mrs. Would you like a hot dog?" ask the beard man.

"Sure why not. Make 4 if you don't mind?"

"Sure don't." said Willy making the hot dogs. "There you go. That will be 1.50."

"There you go and keep the change."

"Thank you. Bye. You have a nice wonderful day." said Willy biding a fond fare well to Susan.

"Bye to you too. Over to Hooper's."

After making her stop around the nighborhood she ran into Bob. Bob had a box of stuff in his hands. Seemed he was doing something.

"Hello Bob. What you doing?" ask Susan holding her grochies.

"Just heading into my new apartment. I'm moving my stuff into today. Hope thats ok?" askd the young man with one of the nicest smiles.

"No I don't see why not. If you will wait Me and Gordon will help you out."

"Ok thanks Susan. I'll be over at my uncle's."

"Wheres that?"

"Its by that old store by the new school going up. Uh why not me just wait and you and Gordon fellow me."

"Ok."

As Susan and Gordon helped Bob move into his new apartment Olivia babysat LB (which is BB) Or as some us would say Bird Sat.

"Ok? What do we want to do today LB? Man are you getting big. Your growing fast." said Olivia putting her books down.

"Play!" said LB jumping up and down.

"Ok come on. We'll go outside."

Olivia and LB went on outside and played Hide and Go Seak. What a fun game that would be until something bad was about to happen.

"...8...9....10. Ready or not, here I come. Are you..."Here?" Nope. Not there. Are you over..."There?" Not there either."

LB goes over to the trashout side of the stoop and hides behind some boxes. A small orange face comes up beside LB and scares him. "Hello?"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh....." yells LB running back to Olivia.

"What wrong?" asked Olivia staring over at all the trash which was scatted everywhere from LB triping over it.

"Scary!" said LB scared out of his mind.

"What was it?"

LB points over to the trashed out place beside the stoop.

"Ok I'll go check it out."

Olivia goes over to check out what had scared poor LB out of his mind. When she got there she was one confused person. She couldn't find anything that would of scared poor LB. All of a sudden the orange fuzzy faced appeard again. "Hello?"

"What?!" said Olivia jumping out of her own skin. "Could you warn us when you going to do that. Who are you?" asked Olivia trying to catch her breath.

"I'm Oscar the grouch. I'm only 2 years old. And you are?" asked the orange fuzzy face.

"I'm Olivia. Your mom is the one thats not very nice." said Olivia who didn't seem to mind thinking out loud.

"Don't call my mom mean. I love my mom."

"I know you do but when we first meet her she didn't seem to nice."

"Well, us grouches aren't spoused to be nice. We're a bunch of grouches. That's what I'm spoused to do but I can't and she gets pretty mad. Sorry if I scared your friend. I didn't mean. I fell bad and for some reason it makes me fell good."

"Your one weird creature. Come on over LB. He's friendly. He didn't mean to scare you."

LB scooted over bit by bit until he was an inch away from the grouches house. Still couldn't be sure so he hide behind Olivia's leg.

"Oh you silly bird. He still doesn't know. He's still scared. Could you show him your not mean or grouchy as you must mean." said Olivia.

"Ok. Hello there LB. I'm Oscar. I'm a grouch but a pretty nice one at that." said Oscar putting his hands out to show LB he was one nice grouch.

"He-e-ell-o-o." said the small but still pretty big bird.

"See. You don't have to be scared of him. He's a nice guy. I mean grouch." said Olivia trying to pick up LB to show him. "Your gaining lots of weight."

"Thats baby fat." said Susan walking over from helping Bob.

"Who's that your talking to sis?" asked Gordon whipping his forehead.

"Thats Oscar." said Olivia.

"Thats the one that told us to scram that time."

"No brother. That was his mom. He's more nicer then his mom."

About that time Oscar's mom came up to dismess his (what Miss Grouch calls yucky friends) friends away from their home. "What have I told you? "What's that?" "Don't be pushy. I've told you not to talk to any of these people. There to nice and yucky. You need your mouth washed out with soap." said Miss Grouch. "But I hate when you do that." "But your spoused to like it. Where did I go wrong? Get down there and stay there! Now yous people. Stop talking to my son! And get that weird thing out of here!" said Miss Grouch slaming the box lid.

"What in the world is with her?" asked Susan.

"Don't know but I hope the dump trucks come to take them away." said Gordon.

"But Oscar is only one nice to us." said Olivia.

"I like Os-car." said LB.

"I know. Don't worry we won't let Oscar get away but hope his mom leaves." says Olivia carrying LB up the stairs. "I hope you learn to walk pretty soon."

Another day ends and its time for another moon to come arcoss the sky and shine down the street that has one of the weirdest things happen. The lamp post comes on and shows its time for sleepy time. Good Night everyone. Don't worry its not over yet. Theres still more to come. Stay tuned.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Solid gold Kyle. The one glitch... From another SS episode from the 90's... When Oscar's Mom wants to wash out his mouth as a punishment for being nice, she doesn't use soap. No, she uses something far more incidious... Vanilla ice cream!
Keep posting when you have more story to share.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
"The Next morning showed them the wonders of this street that they lived on. "

This line really stuck out at me, it's really great! I'm enjoying this story and I love how you're keeping historical references from the first season, like the fact that Oscar was orange. Are you going to explain how he becomes green? Anyway, it's a fun story and I'm enjoying it alot!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Sorry to muffin your thread here Kyle, but BEAR thank you for quoting my fan-fic in your signature!

Oh and Kyle I love your fan-fic, it's totally cool!

Erine81981

Reaction score
The Count said:
Solid gold Kyle. The one glitch... From another SS episode from the 90's... When Oscar's Mom wants to wash out his mouth as a punishment for being nice, she doesn't use soap. No, she uses something far more incidious... Vanilla ice cream!
Keep posting when you have more story to share.
Thank you Ed. I remember that one. Ice Cream. Now thats funny.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure thing pal. The deal was that Telly came over to Oscar while the grouch mum was visiting. Oscar tried to get Telly to go away, and when that failed convinced him to help by being a fall guy for Oscar's grouchiness. You know, just make it seem as if he's being grouchy enough loud enough for his mom to overhear. But the timing kept going wrongly and Oscar had his mouth washed out with vanilla ice cream continuously throughout the episode.