Sesame Street music

Hays

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that the quality of new songs within Sesame Street episodes has declined? This season, the only ones really worth noting were in the "Cookie Hood" episode; and weren't particularly singable.

What's up with that? The Sesame Street website says it doesn't accept song submissions...maybe they ought to.

SSetta, why isn't Chris Cerf still writing for them, if he's around? I LOVE his songs (please pass that on!)

scarecroe

Reaction score
Funny, I thought the quality of songs were just fine this season. In fact, I was surprised at how good they were in comparison with the past few years.

Hays

Reaction score
Really? Even "Jambo means hello in Swahili" from last season? I liked the idea of learning swahili, but Good Lord!

ssetta

Reaction score
Sadly, the reason why the quality of the music has declined is basically for the same reason as why the whole show has declined over all those years. As Chris himself explained to me, they don't want all those parodies and stuff for older kids, they only want kiddie things.

I know, I know. Sesame Street just is not what it used to be. But, apparently, they don't want it to be what it used to be. They want it to be just what it is now. They don't want all the gags and all that crazy stuff. They just want it to be very simple for little kids. I even cried last night at the prom because of the whole thing with Sesame Street ending.

I mean, it would be just wonderful if there would be a Classic SS DVD collection available, but I mean, what are the chances of it happening?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Pssst... some people don't know what they're talking about :attitude:

Hays

Reaction score
Hey, guys - don't throw in the towel yet! I think the new season was great; there just wasn't enough of it!

Have to say I agree about the "baby" songs, though. I think I miss Joe Raposo most of all...

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, believe it or not, I saw 2 antique songs on Plaza Sésamo that I had never seen before!

One of them, I had heard OF it, but never saw it until today. I think it's called "Moo Song" with Clementine, Gladys, and 2 other cows. I loved it. It was like broadway, and there was a brown fence behind him.

And the other, I had been longing to see it for all these years, and I have heard the song, but never saw it until today. Rebel L!! I loved it! It was even better than just the song itself! Do you even remember these?

Mister Fred

Reaction score
I think alot of the old songs should be brought back as well as some of the old segments and films. Alot of the new stuff is not as good as the old stuff. What is wrong with bringing back that counting segment where the baker falls down at the end and spills all the cakes & pies. I think is funny and good for the kids to laugh at. I also really liked all the Don Music songs. Whatever happened to them. That teaches creativity in childrens minds and help them to make up songs of there own. Another good segement was all the segments with Simon Sound. I really liked those. All the sounds Simon makes teach kids to think of what that is. Some of the really old clips I would like to see brought back include two films; one where kids are trying to button there pajamas by themselfs and the other one is when a girl puts on her coat. I always liked many of the old stuff on there when I was a kid. My mom watched alot of sesame street with me and even sang along with some of the songs. Now that's a great loving parent example. One song she'd sing along to is that song about pockets (what do we do without pockets....pockets are perfectly fine). That is one song that has not been on for years and should be brought back for two reasons. First, it will teach kids what pockets are for and not, plus they won't put things in there underwear or sleeves like some of those old people do. Second is I want the words to the song. Does anyone know the words to the Whole Song?
If changes are not made soon to sesame street, I hate to say it, the show may go down the drain. Let's bring back some old stuff.

Erine81981

Reaction score
One of my faviote songs from SS was the Little Jerry and the Monotones. Teleaphone Rock. I was so long to here it and one day on one of the old episodes of USS I got to hear it. Oh I loved it so much. I would like to have another CD full of songs from the old days. It could be called UNPAVED SESAME STREET SONGS. I would also love to here like Water, Baby, I'm going to get there all those songs that Joe Raposo sings or any of the puppeteers sing as well. I would love to see old skits or cartoons from the old days. Keep dreaming thoe. Its like they don't care any more for the old days they just want more for the young ones they don't care for us grown ups or teens. They want more for the young ones. But Hope they try to put some old stuff in the new season. *Crosses fingers* (Sigh). Thanks.