Sesame Street Season 38 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiley207

Reaction score
Also, the corporate motto for Chuck E. Cheese is "Where a kid can be a kid." (I don't know if it still is.) However, the commercials for Chuck E. Cheese say "The real cool place to be a kid." Yet the PBS bumpers for Chuck E. Cheese claim it as "PBS Kids, where a kid can be a kid." Google searches come up with more "Where a kid can be a kid" than "Real cool place to be a kid."

ISNorden

Reaction score
Fat.... Cat.... Sat..... Mat...

See the fat cat sat on a mat ...etc...

I don't feel like putting the whole skit up here. I just said that to be snarky... :embarrassed: Sorry bout that.
*nods* The only times Sesame Street ever used the word "fat", was when the lesson theme was NOT health or nutrition. Three more classic examples--
  • Frances the Fairy: "The letter 'F' can go fast [zing!]...or it can be fat [pop!]"
  • Kermit the Frog: "The letter 'B' looks a little like a fat man with his belt too tight."
  • The Country Fiddler [singing about various groups of three animals]: "...and they all lived together on a fat lady's lap. 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3..."
I really wish they'd use nutrition as a once-in-a-while theme and talk about other things for at least one season. I really still think this is P.R. control for having McD's as a sponsor.
You and me both; I doubt that's just a coincidence. Even when the Workshop decided to focus on specific themes each season, they never let any one theme dominate Sesame Street so long...until they had to rely on corporate funding. They still taught good health habits reasonably often, but still didn't feel compelled to preach about nutrition or exercise on every episode. I'm praying that some non-food-related sponsor can offer Sesame Workshop as much support as McDonald's does now...so the show can start treating nutrition as a "sometimes theme" again. :smile:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Does anyone know when taping started for Season 38? I know it had to have been awhile back.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't they start taping in the spring now since the seasons don't make it to air until the fall now?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Methinks someone here posted that they tape the episodes inJune/July, just one month out of the year. Not sure if the Season 38 episodes are the ones that'll be taped this summer to be aired in August and throughout the year, or if they're taping episodes one year in advance (taping Season 39 this summer while Season 38 airs this fall).
Hope this helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you sure Count? Because I remember reading here that they tape new seasons of Sesame Street for about four months out of the entire year.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh no... Not hexactly sure, like I said, I only remember someone posting that recently here. Unsure as to who the person who posted it was or their veracity/credibility on the matter.

At any rate... Looking forward to whenever the new season starts.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It was bear/Bryan who mentioned it. But he was saying that while he was in New York he visited the actual Astoria Kaufman studios and he was in at the front desk who gave him the information that that taping for the show is actually in July I believe it to be.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
No problem.

I was in Burger King earlier today and this kid kept yelling out that I want king size fries over and over and over. And his mother was like "No! Your not getting any of those. So it's like Sesame Street is reinforcing what parent do naturally by doing their job being a parent by helping their children make wise decisions they might not be capable of making. They do learn young don't they.

Status
Not open for further replies.