Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

Schfifty

Reaction score
And if i'm not mistaken, I think Stephanie has said that Little Murray Sparkles is one of her favorite characters to perform.
And ironically, she's also said Elizabeth was one of her favorites to perform, too.

I'm kind of surprised nobody mentioned how Matt Vogel was Big Bird in this episode. I believe this was the first time where he entirely performed the bird for a whole episode...either that or very close to the first. He did a good job here, but I do admit it was kind of weird hearing that "Heh!" from BB near the beginning.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After all these years, I've gotten so used to hearing Matt's Big Bird that I don't even really think about it anymore. Same with Eric's Bert and Grover and David's Cookie.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ah. Am I to take it you dislike Elisabeth?
And ironically, she's also said Elizabeth was one of her favorites to perform, too.
Oh, I think I was actually misremembering the quote. I think she said that she enjoyed playing Elisabeth, but after she disappeared Little Murray Sparkles continued to appear and Stephanie has played him on certain occasions.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Since we're on the topic of Stephanie's characters, here's the debut episode of Lulu.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, when Lulu was light blue, I had almost forgotten about that.

But then again, they completely redesigned Lulu for Season 33.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
She looks kind of like a ghost in this compared to how she looks in season 33. I wonder if it confused kids when they redesigned her, she looked almost like a completely different character.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know I was confused, mainly because I don't know why she was so radically redesigned the way she was. And I thought it was odd that they suddenly made her fur dark blue for Season 32.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Episode #3880, where the Fix-It Shop gets a new computer and attracts the likes of Big Bird and Snuffy. You're gonna feel old watching this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Admittedly, the one thing that's always kind of irked me about modern SST is that it always seemed so technologically behind the times. Home computers weren't exactly new by the time SST finally started to incorporate them, but even then, any references or utilization of computers on the show were extremly rare and uncommon . . . and don't even get me started on their use of cellular phones, lol. Even more recently, they've only just now got a wifi hot spot on the street?

At least with Bert, it works, because Bert's always been a tad out of touch, so it made sense that he has a fascination with the whole yule log thing, even though nobody's been into that for years now. That, and Bert is always fascinated by boring things.

But yes, just seeing that clunky desktop computer sitting on the work table reminds me of our first computer (a Gateway, mind you) that we got in the late 90s.