Should Sesame Street continue after season 40?

Should it end?

• Yes, it's run its course.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • No way! We need it!

Votes: 46 85.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree there are very few shows that feature such a diverse cast, even today. And I do admire what they did for military families. There a lot of good things about SS even now.

I think a lot of it isn't noticed, can't get noticed, when so much attention is placed on only one part of the show. To focus so much on one character simply because it's popular has little to do with education. If some kids don't happen to like that character, it's harder to watch the show. Older SS did have more variety in its characters, more diversity, and kids today still enjoy watching it. :smile:

There are something like 65 reviews for Follow That Bird on Amazon.com. A great number of them are from today's parents saying how much their kids love this movie. They don't say it's "too old." They just like the movie. I've seen similar evidence in other places. The idea that kids don't appreciate a show because it's old is a myth.

I go back and forth on this. But I guess in the end, it's not a big deal if the show were to continue. Kids still enjoy older SS when they get to see it. I just wish it were more available.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Never end it

There will always be kids out there who need what the street has to offer, so it should never be cancelled

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
LincolnHeights said:
Well as we all know, this August Sesame Street will be airing its 38th Season. That means in just 2 more years the 40th Season will be here. Do you think they should make the 40th Season Sesame Street's very last season? I think it would be a good way to end the show, to have a Final episode and 40 year special combined into a 2 hour show. That way the human cast members and muppeteers can move on to other things, and on the plus side we'll have 40 solid years of Sesame Street to remember. Now I know a lot of you might disagree with this, but a lot of the human cast members are in their 60's and 70's now, and the same is true of some of the muppeteers. I don't mean to be negative but their not gonna be around forever, and I really don't wanna see what the show would be like in the future, with all the charachters having new performers and a whole new cast of humans. It's probably best that it ends at its 40 year mark. I love Sesame Street with a passion and always will, but all good things must come to an end. Please let me know what you think. Thanks
Yeah I think it should end at it's 40th season.Besides,40 is the highest number they ever got to.

Da Dogster

Reaction score
Sos (save Our Street)

The show had so many drastic changes through the years. I was there from Show one. Should the show end??? No Should the show change some more?? I think that is a two way street. 1.for changeing it's format a lot(too much) 2. seeing what new directions the show will take us. I enjoy the show to this day with my grand neices and nephews. I am in my 40's now and Yes I think they push Elmo a bit too far but hey the youth enjoys seeing him along with Zoe and Baby Bear. let me show you what I mean that some change is good.

1969-Sesame Street airs,
Big Bird looked like a feather duster, and acted like a yokel
Oscar was orange and a bit small for my likeing.

presnt day-
Big Bird Is more bird like and is 6 yrs old( my niece can relate to him
so can other 6yr olds)
Oscar is Grungy green (YEAH!!!!!):grouchy:

1969-
Cookie Monster had a srunched mouth, and a bit more of a monster
Some monster were scary

present day-
Cookie is more child friendly along with the rest of the sesame street
monsters.

1969-
Ernie needles Bert

presnet day-
Ernie still needles Bert

The only thing that I see they need to do is bring in a girl puppet to buy for Ernie's afections (mabey it will stop the gay jokes on Erine and Bert from a certin group of people (no names droped))

The only reason for some change is so that it can grow with what is happing now a days

and if any one can agree with that Give me an ALL HAIL The Trashheep!!!!!!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's true that there were a few problems with the show early on. My opinion is that they managed to solve them way before the Elmo's World stuff. Now it's mostly going downhill (as is most of TV but that's another story).

I have no problem with most of the new characters, I agree that Zoe and Baby Bear are very cute. Just that the old characters are not as unpopular as people seem to think.

This is just my opinion of course, hehe, but I liked it more when things were occasionally a bit scary. The muppets had character and weren't just all "yay happy kids show" with no substance. They were scary but they taught kids to look beyond the exterior, that there was more to see inside. Now it's more like, well, Stepford Street, heh.

gonzosgirl

Reaction score
i think sales of all ss dvds and videos would go up if the show was ending

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think so. But I also think that they would continue to make videos long after the show has ended, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If they even bothered to cancell it, people would be up in arms. No matter how "dumbed down" the show seems, it still is an american institution. And if they cancel it then what? Blues Clues? Dora the Explorer? that stuff is a million times more grating, evil, and profit driven than Elmo's world will ever be. Even if SW went bankrupt, they shouldn't can the seres. I agree, if old school fans don't like it, no one's putting a gun to your head. If you think that those other kids shows made by Viacom to make money are "Better" go right ahead. I bet you think Survivor was the best thing to happen to Television since Will and Grace, while texting to win MY Games Fever.

The truth is, this show is taken for granted. And I say if there were rumors of it's cancellation , that would wake the public up from it's slumber.