1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Should Sesame Street continue after season 40?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by LincolnHeights, Mar 9, 2007.

?

Should it end?

Poll closed Mar 12, 2008.
  1. Yes, it's run its course.

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. No way! We need it!

46 vote(s)
    85.2%

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

More importantly, without Sesame Street, just think of how the little children will suffer without a decent educational program during the morning hours?
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree with you more, Snowthy. The world needs Sesame Street, and Jim Henson's magic, more than it will ever know. I just hope that there will always be a spark of the magic around, because without it... I don't think the world would be very bright.
  3. D'Snowth

As devoted fans of Jim Henson, we have a responsibility to keep all that he has given us alive, therefore, even though he only gave us the Muppet characters on the show, we still simply MUST keep our favorite street alive!
  4. theprawncracker

Forever and ever and ever!
  5. D'Snowth

So those who are thinking "we should end it after 40 seasons"... put that thought out of your mind!
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I hope it never goes off, but i if ever did which I know none of us ever want to ever think about, I hope that it really goes out with some kind of bang!
  7. D'Snowth

I hope it doesn't go out, period.
  8. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Well let's not even worry about it.
  9. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

... was that some sort of cue for Crazy Harry? That'd be cool. Watch Crazy Harry blow up Elmo in the last episode. :crazy:
  10. D'Snowth

That's semi-horrible!
  11. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Wow! I'm speechless... I...I don't know what to say? I would just hope it would go out with movies, specials, documentaries, and all kinds of good stuff!:)
  12. theprawncracker

*tries to contain hysterical laughter* *can't* Oh, that is so awful, yet so unbelievably funny...
  13. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

THAT IS REALLY HORRABLE I HOPE THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN ELMO SO SO GREAT
    YUCK
  14. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

If Sesame Street does get cancelled,they should have some characters from the past show up for the last episode like Little Jerry and the Monotones.
  15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

If it did happen, that would be great to bring in old characters. Anything is possible. :) Though, they didn't really do it in the Street We Live On special and that would have been a great opportunity.
  16. theprawncracker

I think she meant it would be great if Little Jerry and the Monotones made an appearance. Not sure, but I think that's what heralde meant. :smirk:
  17. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Then in that case I apologize.

Of course you don't see him or Chrissy & The Alphabets on the modern day show.
  18. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yes that is what I meant. I edited my post to make that clear, thanks! :)
    That's the point I wanted to make and now I'm done. :)
  19. ErnieandTelly

ErnieandTelly New Member

I agree you are corect. Most of the Humans are teenagers who are introduced during the years. But today, we even got Miles and Gabi.
    then
    Gina
    Petey
    Savion
    Mike
    Alex
    Lisa
    Jelani
  20. Look at it another way. The show as I remember it (a main street story interrupted by various short clips) is no longer on air, so as far as fans who know it that way are concerned, it's not on anymore.