Simon and Garfunkel Reunion Announcement

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I tuned in to Prairie Home Companion today and heard a hilarious skit about the Simon and Garfunkel tour performed by Garrison Keillor as Art and someone else (I'm not quite sure who :embarrassed: ) as Paul. They bickered incessantly and sang three parodied song snippets: Sound of Silence, Homeward Bound, and Mrs. Robinson. It was really funny, and I got a kick out of the silly contrast between Art's falsetto (referenced many times in the skit) and Garrison's baritone. The songs did sound nice, though. Just goofy lyrics. :stick_out_tongue: Should be able to watch it / read the transcript soon on www.prairiehome.org. :smile:
Erin

Marble Didymus

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind going to see them, as Atlanta is only 88 or so miles from me. But it might as well be 8,888 miles away, seeing as I don't have a car. Or a liscense.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Marble Didymus said:
I wouldn't mind going to see them, as Atlanta is only 88 or so miles from me. But it might as well be 8,888 miles away, seeing as I don't have a car. Or a liscense.
I hear ya on the no car / no license thing. Luckily my parents are almost as excited about this concert as me, so it was no trouble convincing them to take me. :smile:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
"I'm on my way, I know just where I'm goin'..." I'm going to Cleveland! And, more to the point, I'm going to see Simon and Garfunkel!!! :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: We leave within the hour. I can't wait! I'll let you know how it went!!! :big_grin:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
BTW, anybody else end up getting tickets? I know Emmy's going to their Columbus gig in two days. How about you, Quinn?
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Great review, Erin--I did "skip to the end" a bit to avoid spoilers, actually, but it's good to hear that it was such a wonderful experience. My wife and I are going to the show in Minneapolis/St. Paul this weekend, and we're really excited about it. It's a long drive for us, but I'm sure it will be worth it (plus we will get to see the Mall of America and the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota).

:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Great review, Erin--I did "skip to the end" a bit to avoid spoilers, actually, but it's good to hear that it was such a wonderful experience. My wife and I are going to the show in Minneapolis/St. Paul this weekend, and we're really excited about it. It's a long drive for us, but I'm sure it will be worth it (plus we will get to see the Mall of America and the Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota).

Awesome! I have a friend who is going to the one of the St. Paul shows too. I'd love to make it to St. Paul one of these days, high on my hope-to-visit list, but a little too far away for practicality. I'm sure you will have a great time. The show is amazing!! :big_grin:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Awesome! I have a friend who is going to the one of the St. Paul shows too. I'd love to make it to St. Paul one of these days, high on my hope-to-visit list, but a little too far away for practicality. I'm sure you will have a great time. The show is amazing!! :big_grin:
Erin
We've been there once before, for an outdoor REM show that got rained out three-quarters of the way through. Nothing like hearing "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" with a thunderstorm unleashing its fury on you. We're really looking forward to the Simon and Garfunkel show--thankfully, this one is inside.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, we saw the show in St. Paul this weekend. It was fabulous, and truly magical. Both Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel were in great voice, and the crowd seemed to truly appreciate everything they did. We had such a good time!

P.S. The Mall of America and the Twine Ball were great too!