Simon and Garfunkel Reunion Announcement

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Glad you had such a great time! I definitely enjoyed the one I went to. Oh, and the Mall of America sounds terrific too! :smile:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, the concert was amazing. The mall was really interesting--it's got a lot of bells and whistles, including an amusement park, an aquarium (I think--we didn't have time to see it), and a lot of interesting stores. Physically it's pretty big, though I'm used to big malls--the King of Prussia mall, in suburban Philadelphia, would be about the same size if you stuck both buildings together. That's basically like my "home mall," so I'm used to really expansive shopping malls. I'm kind of spoiled by that, actually--it makes all other malls seem dinky by comparison.

:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
My brothers are huge Lego freaks, so that was always the big draw for them. The other stuff sounds really cool too, though. :cool:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
We only saw the Lego place from above, since we had very little time in the mall after getting back from the Twine Ball and before the concert, but it looked really cool! I've always loved Legos.

:big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
:excited: :excited: :excited:

SIMON AND GARFUNKEL TO PREMIERE NEW SONG DURING EXCLUSIVE RADIO
INTERVIEW WITH NPR'S SCOTT SIMON ON WEEKEND EDITION SATURDAY, JUNE 12

WASHINGTON, DC -- The first new Simon & Garfunkel song to be broadcast in more than three decades will make its debut this weekend on NPR's Weekend Edition Saturday. As part of an exclusive radio interview with NPR's Scott Simon, host of Weekend Edition, Art Garfunkel will introduce a song by Paul Simon called "Citizen of the Planet." The musicians, who rarely do interviews together, will appear on Weekend Edition on June 12 in the only radio interview the pair is doing to preview their 2004 "Old Friends" tour.

Listeners to Saturday's Weekend Edition interview will also be among the very first to hear how Simon and Garfunkel have updated some of their legendary songs, as the interview will feature excerpts from the forthcoming "Old Friends" tour CD.

An extended version of this interview, along with songs and photographs, will be on www.npr.org
Erin

muppetintherye

Reaction score
I actually saw one of the concerts at the united Center. Who would have expected the Everly Brothers to sing three songs at the concert?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I know, it's so cool that the Everlys were there too. What a nice tribute. I wanted to go again this summer, but tickets are even more expensive this time around and I can't convince anyone in my family to go. But seeing them in October was awesome. :smile: I found out this "new" song isn't really a new song, it's one Paul wrote in the '70s but never released called "Citizen of the Planet." The lyrics are on his website. It's still something pretty new to fans, and a new Simon and Garfunkel collaboration. So I'm excited, but I Still think it would be cool for them to come up with something completely new.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
The interview is up now at npr.org along with a clip of the song. I think the whole thing will be up tomorrow. I sure hope so, because I think I'm working when it's going to be on... :concern:
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I've seen Paul Simon twice in concert.Wish I could see Art G. just once,I miss his acting.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I missed Paul by a day in 2001. :grouchy: Seen Art three times, and Simon and Garfunkel once. It would be cool if Art would do a movie again sometime. He was on "American Dreams," but I watched it a few times and only saw him on one episode. And I don't have it on tape. :frown: Most of the movies he's been in are a little R-rated for my taste. He should do something a little more family-friendly. His episode of "Arthur" rocks!!
Erin