Slackbot draws stuff

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Why yes, his eyes are quite dilated, aren't they? That and the generally zoned-out look are symptoms of a common element of the rave culture. Think of it this way: everyone does what he has to to cope.
Ah, that was what I thought it might have been. Poor thing, I can see why Skeeter was so unhappy.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I find the image of Scooter cage dancing in IAVMMC more sad than disturbing because it tells me that there was no one looking out for Scooter and ensuring that he made wise choices.

What I don’t find sad is the image (in my head) of Scooter getting the script for IAVMMC.

“Oh my!” said Dr. Honeydew. “It looks like I’m some sort of disc jockey in this scene. What about you, Beakie?”
“Mee me meee meep,” Beaker warbled.
Scooter snorted. ‘Yeah—good luck getting buff between now and then, Beaker. There isn’t enough time.”
“Sadly,” said Dr. Honeydew. “What about you, Scooter,” he asked, peering myopically at the studio gopher. “What are you doing in the Kermitless world?”
“Probably working for my uncle in some sort of awful business suit,” Scooter said, sighing. “I never get to do anything interesting.”
“Mee meee mmeep mee-meep,” Beaker said, pointing over Scooter shoulder at something in the young man’s script.
“Oh…oh, I see. It says….well, I don’t have any line-- again--but it does say I’m a dancer. That’s not so bad, right? I must be one of the entertainers on stage.”
Beaker pointed again, and this time there was one hand over his slit of a mouth to hide his smile.
Scooter looked. He gaped. He stared, eyes goggling behind his glasses.
“No way!’ he said, blushing as red as his hair. “I’m not gonna do it!”
“What?” said Honeydew, not privy to what Beaker had seen on Scooter’s script. “What’s wrong with being on stage once in a while?”
“I’m not on stage!” Scooter cried unhappily. “I’m—I’m in a cage!”
‘I thought they cut the jail scene,” Honeydew said in an aside to Beaker.
“It’s not a jail cell—it’s a…a cage they hang over the dance floor and you dance in it.”
“A cage they hang over the—oh! Oh! I know what you mean!” Honeydew cried excitedly. “Where go-go girls dance!”
“That’s it! Where’s Kermit! Kermit!! I want to talk to you about this script!” Scooter bellowed, marching off in search of the frog. After he left, Bunsen and Beaker exchanged shrugs. Sometimes you got asked to do strange things in muppet productions, and they thought Scooter was probably just making too much fuss about nothing. After a moment, Miss Piggy glided by, suddenly seeming to take notice of them.
“Oh, helloooo,” Piggy said. “Looking over the new script, gentlemen?”
“Oh,er, um, yes,” Honeydew said, momentarily discombobulated by Piggy being conversational with them.
“Me mee mee meep,” Beaker said politely.
“Was that…Scooter here a moment ago?”
“Oh—yes indeed,” said Honeydew. “I think he went looking for Kermit. He seems to be upset about something in the script.”
“Really?” said Piggy, blue eyes wide. “I can’t imagine why. I thought he’d like have something interesting to do in the script.”
At that precise moment, all three of them saw a rather harried Kermit being followed by a rather grumpy Scooter, gesticulating wildly at a page on the script. The three exchanged shrugs and moved off. When she was by herself, Piggy looked back over her shoulder and smiled. Two birds, one script. Hmmm. That’ll teach the little squirt to post pictures of her snarfing donuts backstage….

(With apologies to Kim for muffining her thread.)

Slackbot

Reaction score
*chuckle* No problem about the muffination. It was fun to read.

And, yes, the same thing occurred to me about Scooter in that scenario. He & Skeeter had nobody to set a good example for them, so they made some bad choices. They have nobody to look after 'em but each other. (It'd be worse if Skeeter wasn't around; she keeps Scooter slightly grounded.)

newsmanfan

Reaction score
*still snickering over all the cage-dancing muffins*

Hey, altverse and negaverse stuff is fun, if a little twisted. You know what, awful though it sounds, the idea of Gina puppeteering poor Newsie never ever once occured to me...and the very idea of it had me silently howling with laughter. So yeah...go ahead! I'll email you my Gina sketch.

A scene from your fic...yes. Give me a couple-three days to decide which one most appeals to me, and I'll deliver. Intrigued by both ideas! Thanks Kim! :smile:
-------------------------

Slackbot

Reaction score
Gina puppeteering Newsie? Last chance for you to say do!

Heeheehee... Reminds me of a line from Avenue Q: "You can't put your finger there! OH, put your finger there!!"

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
Sent you an email. Frog yes, go for it. :news: Yours will be done in weekandahalf or so.

-----------------

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Cool beans! Got yer E-mail. :wink:
Heh...now I KNOW we're approximately the same age. I don't know anyone who still says "cool beans", except me. :smile:

Let me know what variation of that scene you'd like better. Will start research.
------------------

Slackbot

Reaction score
I got my beans from Gosalyn Mallard. It came in a two-pack with "Keen gear!"

I liked your idea. What comes to mind is the moment she's got 'im by the collar, but any part of that scene that you want to draw is good by me. :wink:

Lemme know if you need any reference material.