1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Slackbot draws stuff

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Slackbot, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Archy! Nomnomnom.

No, not Gosalyn. Wrong country. Sage is standing there, holding Poncle piggyback, and Poncle is bonelessly asleep. Janken is standing by them, a kinda chilled-out blank expression on his face, a large leaf on his head.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Nice sketches you got there!

3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I like to see Cantus doing his part to beautify Fraggle Rock with his music, lol. Thanks for sharing.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. Slackbot

Thanks, guys. Glad you like.

When I was drawing the pic of Sage, Poncle, and Janken at the lower left I was thinking of the bus stop scene in My Neighbor Totoro...

[​IMG]

It's a lovely movie, and though (or maybe because) it draws on Japanese religion and folklore I think it has a lot of Fraggly spirit. And Mei, the younger sister, is Poncle in human form.

GopherCoffee and muppetsandpixar like this.
  5. Slackbot

Wow. It's been a long time since I've drawn anything. A long time. More on that later, when I feel ready to talk about it. *sigh*

Anyway! Recently an artist on DeviantArt I like, ggolddduck, opened up to commissions. I likes her art, and her rates are reasonable, so I asked her if she'd draw Muppets. The answer was an enthusiastic yes. I gave her a very general idea, an affectionate picture with Scooter & Janken, and some background on the characters. I told her I wanted to see 'em in her style rather than painstakingly on model. This is the picture she drew me:

[​IMG]

(Please note: this is an upload to my DA sta.sh, and will likely be taken down once she uploads the pic to her gallery, where people can post comments for her. So, if you should see a broken image above, just scroll down and you'll find my repost.)

Anyhow, I just love this picture! It's so sweet and, well, snuggly. D'awwww.

6. charlietheowl

It's cool to see Janken drawn in another style, and the picture is really sweet. Thanks for posting!

7. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Aaaww… ;)

8. Slackbot

Here's her upload on DeviantArt:
    [​IMG]
    A Hidey-Hole of Our Very Own - The link takes you to the artist's DA page, where you can leave her feedback should the spirit move you.

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  9. Slackbot

[​IMG]
    A thing I drawed. Mostly random, pass-the-time doodles, but there is some fanfic and character design stuff too.

I have actually done some real, non-doodle art lately, but it's for an Oz publication, so I haven't shown it here. When it's published I'll upload it to my DA gallery.

TheWeirdoGirl and AlittleMayhem like this.
  10. charlietheowl

Awww, poor Janken, he looks so sad. Hope Scooter can help him out.

Thanks for sharing these sketches.

11. Slackbot

Yeah, Jan's got a problem back at the Rock. It's a Fraggle thing; a Silly Creature wouldn't understand. So he believes...

12. Slackbot

I doodled this yesterday. Can you tell what game I've been playing?

[​IMG]
    Yes, I am aware of how wrong this is. That's why I drew it.

TheWeirdoGirl and charlietheowl like this.
  13. charlietheowl

Poor Boober! I imagine he's headed for his hidey-hole ASAP.

14. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Oh, God! Not you too! (Five Nights is seriously popular on tumblr)

Don't worry Boober! I'm sure it's just a bad dream!

15. Slackbot

I imagine he's headed for unconsciousness.
    I don't Tumbl, but after I got the game I saw the interesting stuff on DeviantArt. Someone even wrote a song about it. I'm just waiting for a fan comic (that lasts more than 4 pages).
    And remember, if you die you can just start another game! And die again! Oh jeez, that rabbit keeps eating my face. And the chicken gets the leftovers!

I'm so glad I'm playing on my iPod. A small screen in your hand just isn't that scary. If it was on a computer monitor, taking up most of my field of vision, I'd have to put on Depends before playing.

AlittleMayhem likes this.
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So... No FR/Boxtrolls mash-up yet?

17. Slackbot

I haven't seen that movie, so no.

18. Slackbot

I did a meme because I like drawing expressions because drawing expressions is fun. Plus, I need to draw more.

I was about a third of the way through before I remembered what the collar of his jacket looks like.
    [​IMG]

19. Slackbot

[​IMG]
    Duuuuuudle Duuuuuump - When I'm bored I draw. This is several sessions of boredom. You can probably tell where one ended and the next one picked up.

I may do a full-on cartoon of Gonzo and Chica. They make a cute couple, don't they?

20. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! Miss Kim they are amazing!!! Great work! :)