So... Bunsen is 2nd MEGA Muppet?

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Wow, Animal looks awesome. Can't wait! :smile: Any chance we can see a photo with the articulated eyebrows down?

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hi all,

No, as Ken said, Bunsen is NOT the next MEGA Muppet... but I did have the next MEGA Muppet with me in New York, and I wouldn't let the gentlemen take pictures of him (or her)...

I made the judgement call based on the fact I would rather let Horn and Ken decide when to announce the next charater in the line-up, than have it appear on someone else's site first. Does that make sense? Well, it seemed to at the time anyway...

But you should know who he (or she) is very soon...

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
*crosses fingers & closes eyes* Mega Pepe.... Mega Pepe... Mega Pepe.... Mega Pepe...!

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Rowlf could be one of the mega figures. Ken didn't mention him as one not being done for 2003. I would definately buy a mega rowlf. Who ever it is, it's gonna be a good one, cause it has to have "mass market appeal". Pepe would be cool too... it's so hard to guess. Heck I would could go with the theory that if it is included in the playset (beaker in lab = mega beaker) it will be made mega. With that theory, it could be animal and or the chef!

grail

Reaction score
but as we already know, Bunsen will be one of the Mega's too...so unfortunately that theory just doesn't hold water.

personally, i get the feeling that they won't be putting out a mega until they have one at regular size (they have to have all sculpts approved by Henson, why start with new sculpts and give yourself headaches?). so, using that as a starting point, you can assume it will be one of the characters from the first three assortments, depending on the timing of their releases. since we know they have 5 planned so far (Beaker + Ken said he brought 4 back from China, but mentioned that Beaker was not among them), we can guess that these 5 are from the first 3 series as well, seeing as Ken brought back the prototypes from China, and he admitted that when he had the PiS stuff delivered, it was the first time he'd seen them up close, so no series 4 figs (yet). Since we've already got Beaker and Bunsen, that leaves 3 figures. from a marketing standpoint, since they don't necessarily want people the think that they're just doing series 1 over in mega form (which we know they aren't), they're going to want to do one from series 2 or 3 next.

again working from the assumption that we won't see any of them as megas until after their release as regular figs, and depending on the planned release date for the next figure, my guess is that it will be someone from series 2. i say this because that gives them a release window where if something goes wrong (mutant Beaker anyone?), they won't come out with a mega Muppet for a series 3 fig that isn't in stores. this narrows the options down quite a bit. we now have left: Gonzo, Fozzie, Crazy Harry, Floyd, and Animal.

we already know that there is no Gonzo or Fozzie, so you can eliminate them from the list, leaving 3.

so now we have Floyd, Crazy Harry, and Animal. now, i may be wrong, but i have a sneaking suspicion that with a world in the throes of "9/11 fever", Palisades is nervous enough about the release of REGULAR Crazy Harry that they're gonna want to wait and see how he does before they ever commit to a mega of him. this takes us down to two. Floyd and Animal.

now is where i'm gonna cheese somebody off. Animal is simply more popular than Floyd. when it comes down to dollars and sense, it makes good business for Palisades to pick Animal. besides, we don't know how they're planning accessories yet, but based on the fact that all the Beaker accessories were props for the lab, i'm not expecting him to have much, if anything. for them to add an accessory means spending more money. which would you rather do, a large guitar with several different colors...or basically two chunks of plastic that fit into Animal's hands. the alternative is Floyd without the guitar...which just doesn't fly.

so there's my argument. my prediction for the Mega Muppets line? :

Beaker
Animal
Bunsen
Scooter
Swedish Chef

any thoughts? Ken? Bueller?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Gonna have to change your name to Holmes.

Sherlock of course, not Johnny...

grail

Reaction score
wow, when you make an obscure reference you really go all out. and by the way...ew...(it really took me like 2 minutes of staring at it before i got that joke)

the thing is that i just read too many Batman comics...yeah, that's the ticket...or maybe it's just that i have no life, and so have nothing better to do than come in here and soak up information. you watch...in an hour, i won't even remember my own name.

now if you'll excuse me, i have a caffine I.V. to affix...

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
yeah, animal would get bought a lot as well...even by a bunch of people that aren't collecting anything else...heh..if a mega of him comes out before chirstmas, there's 2 people I can check off my list who'd want one :stick_out_tongue:

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
My only argument AGAINST the possibility of #2 being Animal is that if Palisades does Beaker, followed by Animal, then two of the most popular Muppets there are- even among the most casual of fans- have already been done, leaving little interest later on. Kind of like showing all your cards beforehand.

Don't get me wrong- I WANT an Animal, and I know one WILL be made. I would even be excited if it IS Animal, but just trying to provide a reason why it may NOT be Animal.