1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

So... Bunsen is 2nd MEGA Muppet?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Rufus, Sep 19, 2002.

1. grail

grail New Member

you have a definate point...but i can't figure who else it would be. maybe i'm completely off base, and they're gonna do stuff as megas before regular figures, anything's possible i guess. i'd be amazed if i found that were the case, though. any guesses as to who else they're gonna do? i still think Animal's likely for #2, and we know we've got Bunsen, but i'm just guessing on Chef and Scooter. they're the series 3's that make the most sense as megas. i can't see tux Rowlf as a mega, and while i like Lew and Zoot, they're no Scooter.

thoughts?
  2. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

Mega Bunsen--that's cool. And it makes sense to have him paired with Beaker. I guess I kind of mentally did what grail did a long time ago and had always assumed that Animal would be the second MEGA Muppet. Both for the fact that Animal is extremely popular as well as the fact that he was "em-biggened" in the Muppet Movie. Not that he's been officially announced or anything. But I would have put my money on Animal.

Whoever comes out, though, I think it's really cool that Palisades is pushing the less obvious guys first. It's nice to shine the spotlight on the smaller players from time to time.
  3. towels

towels New Member

grail

Awesome logic dude!
    I'm quite impressed...and I could easily see Animal as a good solid choice.
    And I wouldn't say that Palisades is shooting the works early by putting the two favorites first. I'm not even sure I consider Beaker a favorite. People like him, they have fond rememberances of him, but I'd have to think more people would pick Kermit, Gonzo, or Fozzie if asked their favorite. (And I'm not counting us nutcases that hang out here)
  4. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem New Member

You would THINK that if Ken or anyone else from Palisades TRULY loved us, they would tell us... :(
    It's not like we need a PICTURE or anything. Just a name will do...
  5. grail

grail New Member

well that's no fair...if they just came out and told you, it would spoil the anticipation, and then by the time it actually comes out it's a let-down. just trust that when they tell us, it'll be awesome
  6. simon42

simon42 New Member

I kinda thought Ken's last post on this thread pretty much confirmed that it was Animal. Another point is that, considering
    Animal made the cover of ToyFare, that visibility might make him a great choice to help get the MEGA line going.
  7. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Grail, the was the exact same logic I used when I was thinking of this last night, after Ken posted that there wouldn't be a Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, or Piggy next year. Pretty much came to the same conclusion that Animal would be the next one, too.

However, there was one other factor I.... factored in. I wonder if they will release sculpts as Megas before their smaller scaled counterparts are released? For instance, we know the "naked" Rowlf is all sculpted and waiting in the wings, could he show up as a Mega before being released in the regular scale?

- R -
  8. grail

grail New Member

i thought about that, but in the end i decided that the way i wrote it was the way _I_ would do things, knowing what (admittedly little) i know about marketing, and the figs in general. it's a calculated risk because there's a good chance i'm wrong. but what the heck, right? it's fun to play detective and see how close you can get. and we'll all find out what they are eventually, i'm sure.
  9. simon42

simon42 New Member

I think naked Rowlf would be a great idea. I think it would spark sales of the MEGA line to maybe throw in a figure that is currently not available in the regular line.
  10. bc-fraggle

bc-fraggle New Member

Naked Rowlf could be one of the Megas. That is still my prediction. I am kinda going more so with Grail's theory too... than my own. I think that it was somewhere mentioned that we would see Rowlf more so in a "different way". I think this was a reply given out to fans that were disappointed by not getting a naked Rowlf... yet! I could be wrong due to a lack of sleep.

Still whoever we see, I think it will have to one that appeals to collectors and general toy buyers because the mega line is new.
    Although Floyd would appeal to beattle fans... you never know it could be him.

Still hoping for Rowlf!

Please Ken tell me Rowlf is on is way as a mega for 2003, if you're allowed to say!
  11. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Here's the thing...I'm ALLOWED to say, just think it is better to wait until nearer to Toy Fair time to make all the gooey Muppet Style announcements...gotta build some anticipation, you know?
  12. simon42

simon42 New Member

Not to sound overly anxious, but could you please define "nearer to Toy Fair time"??
  13. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

Toy Fair is in February.
  14. simon42

simon42 New Member

Yes, I know it's in February but I was wondering when will it be sufficiently near to Toy Fair so as to reveal something.
  15. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Don't expect full disclosure or pictures until Toy Fair in February. But a few things may trickle out before then, with no planned dates of such trickling...
  16. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem New Member

Hey, TOMORROW will be nearer to ToyFair. Does that count? :D
  17. bc-fraggle

bc-fraggle New Member

I like that thinking Electric! We could do the 12 days of Christmas theme, instead it could be the many days before Toyfair. " On the first day of waiting for toyfair, our ken showed us, one pic of a mega larger than a pear tree!" Hehehe okay I am a little wacked... just got back from a wine tour. Not drunk, though I was behaved! I have no clue why I shared that... oh well!
  18. grail

grail New Member

okay, here's the thing. i'm all for speculation and having fun trying to guess what's next, but at the end of the day, Palisades still has a business to run. as soon as they make an announcement here, the cat's out of the bag and anyone can spread the word. and seeing as i know there are several news websites represented in this forum, they just can't afford to do that. Palisades is the most fan-friendly and amiable company i have yet met, but they're still a company. they can't give away everything JUST because we wanna know...though i'm sure there are times they wish they could.

now, you want real "fun" try getting information about ANY toy line from Hasbro...now that's frustrating...
  19. bc-fraggle

bc-fraggle New Member

I agree with you Grail, Palisades is definately a great company. Far better than hasbro (sorry if that hurts anyone) in my opinion, although hasbro has made some great products as of recent although not comparable to Palisades at all! Palisades could easily dance a dozen or more circles around hasbro!

As for Palisades I sing nothing but praises for these guys. Not only do they give us great figures they have excellent customer service! They have answered all of my emails. Fantastic people! Fantactic products! I guess like a lot of people I am excited to see all of the great things that they have in store for us... In time though.... patience.... I must be patient... I keep telling myself this over and over again. Heck I feel like a kid waiting for Santa!
    Hey Grail what figure(s) are you hoping to be made into a Mega?
    If you answered this already... sorry if I missed it.

Thanks!
    P.S my awesome avatar of Rowlf was made for me by Cantus Rock! He's a great guy!
  20. grail

grail New Member

i know, i can't wait to stop by here every day to see what other presents Ken and the gang have let us. it's not the only reason i come by (by a longshot), but it does brighten my day when i find something new. my list of what i think is coming up is up the list further, but to recap, it's:

Beaker
    Animal
    Bunsen
    Scooter
    Chef

i'd love to see a Dr. Teeth, but i don't see it happening any time soon. i'd also like to cast a vote for "Nekkid" Rowlf (i say we try and get them to officially call him that) as a mega. we already know Bunsen's coming, so then i'd have both my favorites!!

yeah, Matt's a groovy guy, but don't tell him i said so...it'll go to his head...