So you want to audition for the Muppets?

BEAR

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that stuff. Its good to know. My God, I hope people don't actually call them and do impressions over the phone or voicemail without being asked to. That would be so pitiful. I guess it would be more embarassing if the impression was bad though (a la William Hung from American Idol). I know I don't feel I can do any of those characters (on the list) good enough, with the exception of Kermit. Anyway, goodluck to everyone.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
My lord, these are key characters here!

This whole thing gives me a bad feeling...

BEAR

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
My lord, these are key characters here!

This whole thing gives me a bad feeling...

Why, what's wrong? You can do those, can't you?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Don't see it as so bad, Cantus. :smile: Consider this: Travelling shows, theme park stage shows, cruise line shows, or even if this ends up having something to do with the whole "Next American Muppet" tv show that's been tossed around in conversation. Could be for something seriously cool one way or another. I doubt highly they are going to recast the characters for movies or t.v. (maybe for the background or something, but not permanently). Besides, they've already said it's for occasional appearances. Don't worry, and if you are worried you should seriously audition, man. Worst thing is to love the characters and not be involved where you might be able to make a positive difference!

BTW: PERFORMANCE RESUMES
The only help I could find was by "Google"ing the term. Appears it's the same as any other resume you turn in for work, except this one is where you discuss FUN things, not just work related junk. Extracurricular stuff.

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Don't see it as so bad, Cantus. :smile: Consider this: Travelling shows, theme park stage shows, cruise line shows, or even if this ends up having something to do with the whole "Next American Muppet" tv show that's been tossed around in conversation. Could be for something seriously cool one way or another. I doubt highly they are going to recast the characters for movies or t.v. (maybe for the background or something, but not permanently). Besides, they've already said it's for occasional appearances. Don't worry, and if you are worried you should seriously audition, man. Worst thing is to love the characters and not be involved where you might be able to make a positive difference!

The only help I could find was by "Google"ing the term. Appears it's the same as any other resume you turn in for work, except this one is where you discuss FUN things, not just work related junk. Extracurricular stuff.
If you want, I can post a mock professional performance resume. As I work in the business I know how they are done and there are different ways to do it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Sure thing! That'd help a lot of folks out!! (Including ME!)

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Sure thing! That'd help a lot of folks out!! (Including ME!)

Cool. I will see what i can do. Won't be able to get it up right away. I don't really know if it will do much good though because mine is an actors resume and includes things like work in theater, film/television, training and special skills. For those who do not have that kind of experience would not have much to include on a resume for this audition and from what i understand most of these people don't have that kind of experience. They only do puppetry and not much of it. What do you think?

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Here's my online resume. My actual printed out resume looks very similar, just formatted for a piece of paper. It's gotten me a few jobs, so I figure it must work.

http://www.mrgrant.com/resume/

Put anything you've done, pro or not. just don't lie on it! It'll always happen that you'll put a show on and the casting director will know someone who worked on that show!

As far as theater & the like, put it all on there. it's all performance. You can even re-arrange the items depending on the audition. You can put all the puppet stuff up top for a puppet audition, all the theater up top for theater, etc.

For this i'd put my puppet stuff and improv training at the top. :smile:

Grant

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:

I gotcha man...and nah, I could never audition. I thought they were looking for new talent for possible new characters and developement. I misintepreted.

Its just strange to me...I don't know what Jim would think, having not one but multiple people performing Kermit on cruise ships and guest spots. Just strange, thats all.

And btw, good luck to all that try out. I'm sure that with such Muppet vigor, some one here should get at least to the higher levels of audition..

Ryan

Reaction score
We have to get over it: Jim's gone. The company won't be run the same way since it's run by other people. Get used to it. You'll see some stuff you don't like.