So you want to audition for the Muppets?

BEAR

Reaction score
ToasterBoy said:
Here's my online resume. My actual printed out resume looks very similar, just formatted for a piece of paper. It's gotten me a few jobs, so I figure it must work.

http://www.mrgrant.com/resume/

Put anything you've done, pro or not. just don't lie on it! It'll always happen that you'll put a show on and the casting director will know someone who worked on that show!

As far as theater & the like, put it all on there. it's all performance. You can even re-arrange the items depending on the audition. You can put all the puppet stuff up top for a puppet audition, all the theater up top for theater, etc.

For this i'd put my puppet stuff and improv training at the top. :smile:

Grant
This is a good resume. i would recomend you put your phone number/email and other contact info at the top below your name. Also, in the theater section you should include the director's name. Just some ideas for thought. It looks good though. It looks like you have done some good stuff.

BEAR

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
I gotcha man...and nah, I could never audition. I thought they were looking for new talent for possible new characters and developement. I misintepreted.

Its just strange to me...I don't know what Jim would think, having not one but multiple people performing Kermit on cruise ships and guest spots. Just strange, thats all.

And btw, good luck to all that try out. I'm sure that with such Muppet vigor, some one here should get at least to the higher levels of audition..

Yeah, its not like people are putting on their own independent Muppet productions with his character. Its only for little promotional appearances in theme parks and stuff that Steve Whitmire doesn't have time to do. It's like Sesame Street Live type stuff i am guessing. Kermit is not being passed around like a pencil.

Jinx

Reaction score
There are many ways to do performance resumes, but probably the most important rule is to distill it down to no more than one page. Remember that the resume is not what gets you the job, it's what helps you get the job. My simplified resume can be seen at http://home.mcn.net/~fantom/pages/resume.html

tinweirdo

Reaction score
I did get a call fromTodd yesterday but I was at work so my mom took the call. But I have been told for years that I sound like Kermit and Ernie, I can also sound like Frank welker's baby Kermit from Muppet Babies. I can do Animal, Fozzie, Piggy, Statler, Beeker and I can do Gonzo a little. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Just remember the important categories:

CONTACT INFORMATION--also, if you don't have an answering machine or voice mail, get one. If there is no way to leave a message, don't expect them to keep calling you. They will move on.)
Theater experience (if any)
Film/Television Experience (if any)
Voice over (if any)
other
Training (important to include if you have any professional training when auditioning as an actor/performer)
Special Skills (can really help. List anything. Even if you know how to simply whistle or bark like a dog add it! You'd be surprised)

Also, if you have worked with one theater company multiple times, make the company a sub category of the theater section. Then list the shows for each company. It is a clean way to organize.

If you have performed as a live puppeteer, then it would work in the theater category.

I would recomend that you always include the director's name along with theater/production company. They may recognize or know who you have worked with. Networking is often how we get jobs in the business.

A resume should also never be more than one page. It is annoying. They don't want homework. You don't need to put everything you have ever done in your life. Just keep it down to the highlights. the good stuff. If you are 30 years old there is no need to keep high school productions on the resume.

Hope this helps you guys. If you have any questions, let me know.

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
BEAR said:
This is a good resume. i would recomend you put your phone number/email and other contact info at the top below your name. Also, in the theater section you should include the director's name. Just some ideas for thought. It looks good though. It looks like you have done some good stuff.
Yeah, Manager's contact info is at the bottom. On my actual printed out resume it's at the top. just not putting my home number on the net. The fans would never stop calling.

Grant

BEAR

Reaction score
ToasterBoy said:
Yeah, Manager's contact info is at the bottom. On my actual printed out resume it's at the top. just not putting my home number on the net. The fans would never stop calling.

Grant
Oh come on! I wanna call you and stalk you in the middle of the night. Its fun. HAHAHAH!!! :zany:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Shoot, I wish I was 18, I can do Pepe and Gonzo great! Oh well, I really hope some of you guys get in, that'd be great! Good luck!

BEAR

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Shoot, I wish I was 18, I can do Pepe and Gonzo great! Oh well, I really hope some of you guys get in, that'd be great! Good luck!
I wish I could perform Pepe the way I write for him. Which proves that a truly great character is a perfect marriage of both talented performers and great writers.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Jinx said:
There are many ways to do performance resumes, but probably the most important rule is to distill it down to no more than one page. Remember that the resume is not what gets you the job, it's what helps you get the job. My simplified resume can be seen at http://home.mcn.net/~fantom/pages/resume.html

Thats a good looking resume, do you care if i use it, but put my own stuff? Do i need a pic of myself too? :confused: thx man