So you want to audition for the Muppets?

BEAR

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Thats a good looking resume, do you care if i use it, but put my own stuff? Do i need a pic of myself too? :confused: thx man

It's how they will remember you.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would like to call but I'm not good with any of these characters voices (maybe Kermit or Beaker just not right on the spot) I've tried and can't get down the voices. Now if they were looking for some puppeteers and new characters or just be an extra I would but I'm not good with any voices. Now I'm not saying that I couldn't call them but then when they heard me do voices they would shoot me out of a cannon. (No Gonzo didn't tell me to say this) But if ya'll have any inspering to tell me then do it now I've wanted to help out with the Muppets! PLEASE TELL ME THEY NEED OTHER THINGS TOO!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Ryan said:
We have to get over it: Jim's gone. The company won't be run the same way since it's run by other people. Get used to it. You'll see some stuff you don't like.
Hah, I can't believe who that statement just came out of..

Et tu Brute?

Jinx

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Thats a good looking resume, do you care if i use it, but put my own stuff? Do i need a pic of myself too? :confused: thx man
Absolutely. It's a simple format, and often simple is best. Particularly if you don't have a lot of professional credits.

Bear mentions putting the director's name on the resume, which is a good idea if the director is at least somewhat well-known in the industry. "Mrs. McGillicuddy" who directed your high schoo production of Our Town probably won't carry much weight, but if you were directed by, say, Larry Raben in Forever Plaid that would be good to list. Even though his is not a household name, he has a long professional association with the show, and might be recognized by a casting director.

Most importantly, as has been stated here before, DO NOT LIE! Don't even stretch the truth. Your body of work is your body of work and you should be proud of it as it is.

A photo is, in the industry, a professional necessity. Snapshots are almost never acceptable, it definitely pays to have a professional photographer do some good headshots. The ol' 8 X 10 black-and-white glossy is the standard here. On mine (printed version) I include my name and contact information printed right on the photo, in case it should get separated from my resume. I usually staple the headshot/resume together, although on some occasions I have printed the resume on the back of the photo itself.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Jinx said:
Absolutely. It's a simple format, and often simple is best. Particularly if you don't have a lot of professional credits.

Bear mentions putting the director's name on the resume, which is a good idea if the director is at least somewhat well-known in the industry. "Mrs. McGillicuddy" who directed your high schoo production of Our Town probably won't carry much weight, but if you were directed by, say, Larry Raben in Forever Plaid that would be good to list. Even though his is not a household name, he has a long professional association with the show, and might be recognized by a casting director.

Most importantly, as has been stated here before, DO NOT LIE! Don't even stretch the truth. Your body of work is your body of work and you should be proud of it as it is.

A photo is, in the industry, a professional necessity. Snapshots are almost never acceptable, it definitely pays to have a professional photographer do some good headshots. The ol' 8 X 10 black-and-white glossy is the standard here. On mine (printed version) I include my name and contact information printed right on the photo, in case it should get separated from my resume. I usually staple the headshot/resume together, although on some occasions I have printed the resume on the back of the photo itself.
see thats my ONE and ONLY little problem, I've never been with anything with a REAL director , like you sayed *"Mrs. McGillicuddy" who directed your high schoo production of Our Town probably won't carry much weight* I've only had the school music teacher, she help us with "The Wiz" and "Aladdin" and thats ALL i was in. I do puppeteering here in town, for the last 6 years or so with my Muppet Puppets i own and thats it really! :confused: is that ALL what I would put? :confused: thanks..

BEAR

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
see thats my ONE and ONLY little problem, I've never been with anything with a REAL director , like you sayed *"Mrs. McGillicuddy" who directed your high schoo production of Our Town probably won't carry much weight* I've only had the school music teacher, she help us with "The Wiz" and "Aladdin" and thats ALL i was in. I do puppeteering here in town, for the last 6 years or so with my Muppet Puppets i own and thats it really! :confused: is that ALL what I would put? :confused: thanks..

If your high school credits are fairly recent, then include them. It is still performance experience and it will make a meaty resume. How old are you? Before we are referring to if you have long been graduated and have done other things, it is unnecessary to include those credits.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
BEAR said:
If your high school credits are fairly recent, then include them. It is still performance experience and it will make a meaty resume. How old are you? Before we are referring to if you have long been graduated and have done other things, it is unnecessary to include those credits.
I'm 20 (on feb 24th) and I've been out of school since 2003 :smirk:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
All this talk about the importance of a Performance Resume is putting me off just a bit. I'm still gonna audition, but now I'm thinking that when I get there I'll automatically get put in the "amature" category or something just cuz my resume only has three things on it. When I talked to Todd on Monday, he said the main thing was the voice impersonations and improvisational skills. I even told him it'd been years since I performed in front of an audience, and even then, it was just a couple times. He said to put down whatever I remembered, that would work for the performance resume.

Bottom line: I know how to work a puppet, I know how to do voices (original and imitation), I know this is probably my only chance to be a Muppeteer - even if it is only a few times a year.

P.S. Anyone going to L.A. interested in possibly sharing a room?