Songs from MC Radio

Beauregard

Reaction score
Who are the Dead Hensons? They are featured quite a lot on MC Radio, and aren't very good impresionists of the Muppets (especially of the Count). Who are they?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Who are the Dead Hensons? They are featured quite a lot on MC Radio, and aren't very good impresionists of the Muppets (especially of the Count). Who are they?
The Dead Hensons are a seven-piece band that plays Henson music exclusively.

We've been playing their music for a couple years, but the talented group The Dead Hensons have just released an EP single of newly recorded material. All of the songs from this release are now on Muppet Central Radio.

Find out more below...

www.deadhensons.com

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh. I see.

Here, BTW, is a suggestion for the next update. It would be great if we could have occasional "News Flashes" break in among the songs.

I think although the Muppet News Flashes are mainlky visual gags, they would work on radio, especially for those who have seen the skits before.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, I will consider it for the future. You don't want them to play too frequently though. Dialogue gets old after repeated airings (for the regular listeners).

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Yeah, just like those stupid Live 365 and Travelocity commercials! :rolleyes:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Not a bad idea, I will consider it for the future. You don't want them to play too frequently though. Dialogue gets old after repeated airings (for the regular listeners).
Yes, I agree. But there are quite a lot of them so they shouldn't be too repetitave!

Beauregard

Reaction score
New questian!

What happens in Windmills of my Mind?

And doies anyone have an MP3 of this I can trade for?

What is We've Got Us from, and what are the words that Floyd sings? When was it sung? And is that Annie sue Pig I hear throughout the song?

christyb

Reaction score
We've Got Us is from the episode with Dom Delouise (Spelling??). On the 25th Anniversary CD Floyd sings the lines: (cut me some slack here.)
Waltzing Melody as a soliloquy (spelling?)
When it's more fun to be
Harmonzing (all)

As far as Annie Sue singing I don't know. Piggy is the one who does have the most lines in the song though.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
New questian!

What happens in Windmills of my Mind?

And doies anyone have an MP3 of this I can trade for?

What is We've Got Us from, and what are the words that Floyd sings? When was it sung? And is that Annie sue Pig I hear throughout the song?
Windmills of Your Mind began with an intro by a green bird-like creature with large pupils talking about how calm he is. When the song begins, the camera zooms into his eyes, and then the scene dissolves into the creature (whose pupils are a bit smaller) running past a moving landscape, with his three legs rotating like a wheel and his hair billowing in the wind. As the song gets faster the wind gets stronger and his legs spin faster! At the end of the song he crashes into a windmill (knocking the blades off).

When we go back to the bird after the song, his pupils are tiny, then he ends up running out and screaming!

We Got Us--Dom sings to Piggy after her plans of getting Kermit to notice her fails (it's the last number of the show). On the show, the Muppets around Dom were Fozzie, Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Scooter, Floyd, Janice, and a flower-delivery Whatnot. The album version is a re-recorded version, but with the same music.

On the album Floyd sings:

Why sing a melody
As a soliloquy
When it's more fun to be

All: Harmonizing...

christyb

Reaction score
That's what I get for having a cold and trying to listen at the same time. I get the stupid line wrong :smile:. Thanks for correcting me.