Songs from MC Radio

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thanks guys. As always MuppetDude, you are the fount of Muppt knowlede, and Christy, at least you knew some of the lines :wink:

christyb

Reaction score
Yep, and I think now I'm going to find a quiet spot in the library and take a nap. Hopefully, I can shake this cold off. But I have learned a lesson. "Keep My Big Mouth Shut!" LoL.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Could someone tell me about Pocalofika please?

Who are the Muppatones? And how did Feelings go on the show? And did Floyd introduce it, or just someone who sounded like him?

Lastly, let's discus a Fraggle Rock song. Catch the Tail by the Tiger. I can understand most of teh mixed up saying, "catch the tiger by the tail" "stake the bull by the horns" "and pull the wool over your eyes" But, what's the middle expresion? I can't work it out.

Beau

EDIT: I lied, I have another questian! Who was the Salamander (voiced by Steve Whitmere) in Do Ro Me?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Forgive me. I have another questian. What happens in Pass the Peace Pipe? Janice was saying something about not rehearsing, why? Was this from the auditioning episode again?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Pachalafaka--a Turkish Tourist (Hashim) in a Turkish landscape sings as a belly dancer dances around him. At the end of the sketch the belly dancer reveales facial hair (and I think fangs) under her veil.

I'm not sure if Feelings was ever on SS, but there were a few parodies (like the cartoon "Felines").

The middle expression of Gobo's song is "A bird in need is a friend indeed", and I don't get it either. He sings it at first to Boober and Wembley and is soon joined by a group of fraggles (including a few musicians in what looks like African tribe clothing, but more "fragglish". During the second half of the song Gobo climbs a tall stalacmite (and can't get down by the end of the song).

Pass That Peace Pipe is from the Liza Minelli episode (UK Spot), an episode where many characters are getting shot or stabbed (it's a murder mystery show). The number is on stage, but with no scenery. Four dogs sing it: Baskerville (Nelson), an ugly yellow hound (Hunt), Muppy (Goelz, with plastic Muppet eyes), and an Irish Wolfhound (Whitmire) in sunglasses and tropical shirt. At the end of the song each one gets struck by a tomahawk or arrow (Animal even ends up with an ax to the head at the end!).

Beauregard

Reaction score
I meant the Feelings on the Muppet Show, but, thanks for all the info! As always, you surprise me with your knowledge!

Yes, I thought it was "A bird in need is a friend indeed" but that made no sense, so I thought I had it wrong. Does that mean the proper version of that saying go, "A friend in need is a bird indeed"??????

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Ah, okay. Beaker sings it in front of a microphone, wearing a green suit, backed up by Animal, Zoot, and Janice. It comes from the Diana Ross episode where the audience likes anything but the Muppets (that's why there's a lot of booing). It's one of the funniest Muppet moments ever IMO. :eek:

Unless there's another version of "Feelings" I'm not aware of. :confused:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nope. i'm talking about a version where Someone (a woman, not sure who) is singing and is interupted by tons of Monsters (sounds like monsters, Muppet radio said it's the Muppatones)

They're all shouting around her. Sounds like an alleyway.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok. Coming up next: Cuanta La Gusta! Sung by Miss Piggy and the Pigs, I wondered if that was a an opening number, or what? There are often Pigs in the opening numbers. So, any details on this song? What kind of backdrops and stuff?

Sung by a Magicion and his assistent: You do something to me. Lot's of Zappy sound effects, I wonder what exactly is going on here? From Tthe Muppet Show.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Feelings you described may be on the "Let Your Feelings Show!" SS album, performed by Mary Banilow (Marilyn Sokol) and the Mupppetones.

You might want to check out the TMS episode guide for details of some songs. :wink: (Namely the George Burns and Peter Ustinov episodes.)