"Space Jam: A New Legacy" in development for July 16, 2021 release

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well it's been confirmed that Bugs and Daffy will be voiced Eric Bauza. I am curious about the other voice actors in the film. I know for a fact that it's more than likely Bob Bergen is going to be Porky.

Though hopefully, the voice actors get better treated next time. I heard Joe Alaskey said that he had to audition the producer ten times until he said forget it and didn't do the film.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I doubt that The Mask, the joker and Pennywise and all the other WB properties will be a major part of the film aside from a cameo joke like Batman and Shaggy and Scooby in Back In Action

It doesn’t really make sense that they’d have those characters as the villains or a major plot point when the focus is Lebron and the Looney Tunes

cjd874

Reaction score
Well it's been confirmed that Bugs and Daffy will be voiced Eric Bauza. I am curious about the other voice actors in the film. I know for a fact that it's more than likely Bob Bergen is going to be Porky.

Though hopefully, the voice actors get better treated next time. I heard Joe Alaskey said that he had to audition the producer ten times until he said forget it and didn't do the film.
Do you mean for the original Space Jam film? Maybe that's why Billy West voiced Bugs, and Dee Bradley Baker voiced Daffy in the original.
Joe Alaskey (RIP) was great as Bugs and Daffy, and even did Sylvester, Tweety, Marvin the Martian, and Yosemite Sam a few times if I recall correctly. I haven't heard Eric Bauza's version of Bugs and Daffy yet, so that will be interesting to hear.

Finally, there is no one else who can do Porky Pig as well as Bob Bergen. Anyone else who tries will fail miserably.

EDIT: Just thought of my ideal Looney Tunes voice cast for this film.
Jeff Bergman - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, and Foghorn Leghorn
Bob Bergen - Porky Pig, Tweety, Speedy Gonzales, and Marvin the Martian
Maurice LaMarche - Pepe Le Pew and Yosemite Sam
Billy West - Elmer Fudd
Jim Cummings - Taz
Sorry for not including Eric Bauza...I just haven't heard any of his voices yet.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Maurice LaMarche recently said he had to step down from the role of Yosemite Sam, so he chose Fred Tatasciore. Plus, Eric Bauza has been Marvin the Martian since 2011.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Eric Bauza is a very good voice actor
I’m sure he’ll be a very good Bugs and Daffy

He was excellent as Bingo,Drooper and Fleagle in The Banana Splits Movie last year. Recapturing the same tone and energy that the original voice actors did all those years ago

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"the film will feature characters from other Warner-owned properties, such as The Mask, The Joker, Pennywise, and Lord Voldemort"
So, how, exactly, does space play into this movie? If LeBron James and the Looney Tunes are going up against other franchise characters, and not aliens, why call it SPACE JAM 2? This is raising more questions than answers.
I heard Joe Alaskey said that he had to audition the producer ten times until he said forget it and didn't do the film.
I mean, Joe Alaskey was a good voice actor, but IMHO, some of his Looney Tunes voices didn't quite measure up, with Tweety being the biggest example - sure, he had the inflections and mannerisms nailed, but otherwise, the voice was too deep for Tweety and wasn't a natural fit. Bob Bergen was a much better Tweety.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
This ad from 2016 gives me hope this is just a misconstrued rumor at that the Monstars will appear and the Looney Tunes'll be depicted normally and not some weird redesign that has seemed to have plagued them for the last decade:

Edit: Wait, is this all reused footage? I can't tell. I recall the Monstars footage from 1:17 from the film.

Last edited:

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I think they’ll go back to there classic design for SJ2
mainly because it’ll cause backlash for general audiences if they have another design

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
For those who wanted to see some of the current voice actors' work:
His Bugs and Daffy seem to be pretty spot on.

I wonder if Lola will be in the movie since she's changed so much as a character since the first one (i.e gotten personality). She's apparently gonna be in the new shorts

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Like I was saying Maurice LaMarche had to step down of the role of Yosemite Sam. It was causing problems in his vocal cords.