"Space Jam: A New Legacy" in development for July 16, 2021 release

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
To me, Joe Alaskey and Maurice LaMarche were the best Yosemite Sams after Mel's death. Bill Farmer did him in Space Jam, and Jeff Bennett in Looney Tunes: Back in Action...no disrespect to Bill or Jeff but neither were very memorable, in my opinion. We'll see how Fred Tatasciore does in the new HBO cartoons.
Fred Tatasciore has been Sam since they reformat Wabbit into New Looney Tunes for season two.

cjd874

Reaction score
Fred Tatasciore has been Sam since they reformat Wabbit into New Looney Tunes for season two.
Okay. I stopped following after the Looney Tunes Show (2014-ish), so I didn't know Fred took over after that.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Okay. I stopped following after the Looney Tunes Show (2014-ish), so I didn't know Fred took over after that.
Man the Looney Tunes show was so good. I wish the show was still on.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I wasn’t even referring to the Looney Tunes show, I was referring to the next iteration of the characters which was Wabbit.

datman24

Reaction score
I am split on the original Space Jam. On one the hand, this movie was a collective part of my childhood and often times bring back nostalgic memories for me. On other hand, it was just a stupid, unnecessary film made by corporate executives to capitalize on two the most popular things of the ‘90s, Michael Jordan and Looney Tunes. If the sequel intends to capitalize on the nostalgia of the first film, then this film will do no justice of being a decent Looney Tunes product.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing anyone genuinely likes Space Jam; any praise is either "this was my childhood" or just totally ironic for irony's sake. Not even the people who made it like it.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing anyone genuinely likes Space Jam; any praise is either "this was my childhood" or just totally ironic for irony's sake. Not even the people who made it like it.
I heard that the voice actors like Billy West and Bob Bergen weren't invited to the premiere of Space Jam because according to a WB executive they weren't important to it.

cjd874

Reaction score
I heard that the voice actors like Billy West and Bob Bergen weren't invited to the premiere of Space Jam because according to a WB executive they weren't important to it.
If that's true, then that is straight-up ******** behavior. That's like having Tom Kenny voice Spongebob Squarepants for a movie and then refusing to invite him to the premiere.